makouda

Attachement to memories (good and bad)

2 posts in this topic

I used to keep a huge photos album (family photos, traveling photos and so on). now I noticed that when I look at those photos I feel kind of sad, even when those memories reminded me of good days, and I think the memories about good days are the worst because I feel kind of attached to them.

then I've noticed that I've just been lying to myself, all those memories are lies because those moments no longer exist and the only true thing is just RIGHT NOW, So I've decided to take bold action and delete all my memories -_-, even what I consider very precious like pictures with my parents as a kid. it was very hard in the beginning but then I've experience a sense of relief to let go of them. and this helped me in other areas of my life too. now I don't take pictures anymore and when I do I just delete them because, well !! they are just memories, lies, illusions.

Any similar stories ? O.o

Good or bad not important, the fact is that it is so...... And as far memory’s....

What is Memory? What gives continuity to this reaction to memory? 

What does memory and it’s vessel have in common with the entity you call “you” ? 

Critical questions friend 

Its all yours??