Joseph Maynor

Does the Mind Create Time Out of the Illusion of Change in the Now

22 posts in this topic

The mind doesn't create anything. Ego is located inside time. The mind is a tool to attract and repel certain vibrations (feelings, thoughts, words, actions). The being (soul, consciousness, True Self, no-self) manifests the unmanifested (existent) possibilities of infinity trought the blueprint of sacred geometry.

There are an unlimited amount of perspectives theoretically possible in existence. However, you only experience the momentary perspective most relevant to your state of consciousness, which is predicated by a brain state and mental state. As long as you exist, there will always be an unlimited amount of possible momentary experiences to create your sensation of time. If even if there was a limited amount, having the same experience over again would make it uniquely a second time, and thus not actually the same experience. A fun way to remember this concept is to think of time as an acronym, The Infinite Moment Experience. There are an unlimited amount of possible momentary experiences (aka "moments"), and you experience one after another linearly, for the story-like experience called "time."

The human experience can only be realized within the illusion of time. Time is a natural, self-created hallucination that allows for a story-like perception of change. And although time may be an illusion, the experience of it is real. Similarly, reality may be an illusion, but the experience you have of it is real

mandorlatime.png

The diagram above illustrates the overall concept that time is an experience of self-reflection. Consciousness self-reflects upon itself, and in that self-reflection creates time. Time is experienced as the self-reflection itself. Just like how you look at your hand to see how your hand exists, consciousness looks in itself to see how it exists. When consciousness chooses to observe itself, it generates "change in observation"; that process is what is referred to as "time." That experience of constant change is the perspective you have of your reality.

Picture and quotes from: http://iamniverse.com/timeexperience.html 

I agree with @AleksM and @SOUL  posts. I see time like changes in consciousness. Things are constantly changing and we "measure" those changes in something that we call "time". Same thing with other measures, like inches, or kilometers. There's not distance between objects in awareness, but we have the illusion through our senses that there are, so we can "measure" distances like we "measure" time.

But what happens is constant changes in the now.

The mind tries to understand what's happening and "creates" the explanation through ideas. But he is not creating anything, mind is trying to interpret reality. And from the point of view of awareness it fails. That's what creates the whole universe. We need to see reality that way to have experiences. Awareness is always there, not moving and not doing anything. Just being aware.

Edited by abrakamowse

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

Bro, time doesnt even exist. All that it exists is the present moment.

If time exists, where is it? It seems to me that movement is apart of the only things that are real and humans created it to measure it. But can we really do that?

1 hour ago, AleksM said:

The mind doesn't create anything. Ego is located inside time. The mind is a tool to attract and repel certain vibrations (feelings, thoughts, words, actions). The being (soul, consciousness, True Self, no-self) manifests the unmanifested (existent) possibilities of infinity trought the blueprint of sacred geometry.

mandorlatime.png

Profound like always. Could visualisation of geometric shapes be a way to connect to our blueprints and perhaps even change/override them? 

Suppose Love is real, and let's assume reality is unreal. Suppose we discover that the building block of reality is real Love, that means our assumption was wrong and reality is actually not unreal. Reality is real, if everything we supposed is true. I'm not going to say if it is or not.

@Dodo

Yes.

Some people have mentioned that drawing these geometries is also good. I have not yet explored this topic fully, so I can't talk much about it. It's deep.

I have had an experience where I have printed a Picture of a symbol that was channeled and had some energetic shifts and unexplained visions. Also I have printed and draw some geometries (sri yantra) and experienced shifts in the direction promoted.

You can also use visualizations of the merkaba, to travel to other dimensions, but I have not practiced that yet.

And much more....

Time is duration. Duration allows for change, movement, growth ect. If it wasn't for time everything would be piled up in one place all at one moment. Which it may very well be the case in reality. But it seems to me that the universe is a sort of warp field on the absolute. Hence such things as time, space, gravity, mind, matter,energy. A vortex of vibrations with light as it's driving force.

One of the insights I can add here is the proof of this is not some kind of intellectual proof.  The best way to see this is to spend a lot of time just being aware.  It’s tempting to get the Mind involved and start to analyze this thesis for validity.  Just slow down for a week, be mindful, and contemplate this.  Then the Mind might snap up and propose the kind of thesis I made, which is still thought mind you.  Technically all meanings are false, but they can cause shifts in what theses the Mind prefers to attach to, which can dismantle the Ego for you slowly.  The Mind is stubborn, but it will release when it is convinced very strongly it is wrong — at least for a while, sometimes permanently.  Thoughts are very sticky — hold them all loosely.  Put awareness ahead of thoughts.  Thoughts always come from the Mind — they are reactions of the Mind.  The life-long Enlightenment process is holding the Mind’s hand like a little kid and helping to guide the Mind to re-align its judgments with raw awareness.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

18 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

One of the insights I can add here is the proof of this is not some kind of intellectual proof.  The best way to see this is to spend a lot of time just being aware.  It’s tempting to get the Mind involved and start to analyze this thesis for validity.  Just slow down for a week, be mindful, and contemplate this.  Then the Mind might snap up and propose the kind of thesis I made, which is still thought mind you.  Technically all meanings are false, but they can cause shifts in what theses the Mind prefers to attach to, which can dismantle the Ego for you slowly.  The Mind is stubborn, but it will release when it is convinced very strongly it is wrong — at least for a while, sometimes permanently.  Thoughts are very sticky — hold them all loosely.  Put awareness ahead of thoughts.  Thoughts always come from the Mind — they are reactions of the Mind.  Enlightenment is holding the Mind’s hand like a little kid and helping to guide the Mind to re-align its judgments with raw awareness.  

Do you think trying to think one's way toward a truer understanding of time is like banging one's head against a wall, or could it bear some fruit? I ask because I've heard physicists talk about how the universe's accelerating expansion imply multiverses, and that our conception of time could really just be a construction of some kind of continuity in the fluctuation between the infinite realities / universes that exist. Leo's alluded a lot lately to the propensity of modern science to be dogmatic, though, and I wonder if that between science and non-intellectual awareness is a gap that we can bridge. Would any idea we get of time ultimately just be another conception?

I view all “things” that are perceived to be constant, such as passage of time, as misconceptions. In the case of awareness of time, consciousness perceives spacetime as the dependence on every place in space to a place in time. Here is also the misconception of now to be found, there is no now, no time and no space because there is no nothing. 

One can also turn the argument around and say that all there is, is only everything. No nothing and only everything are meaningless statements, as such?

45 minutes ago, Pointer said:

One can also turn the argument around and say that all there is, is only everything. No nothing and only everything are meaningless statements, as such?

Yeah that's why in spirituality It's not about the statement truths, but about the experience of them. If you know facts that doesn't get you the Truth (which is experienced) , but it might be helpful. Like an arrow pointing to the right direction - the arrow is not the destination, but it's extremely helpful!

Edited by Dodo

Suppose Love is real, and let's assume reality is unreal. Suppose we discover that the building block of reality is real Love, that means our assumption was wrong and reality is actually not unreal. Reality is real, if everything we supposed is true. I'm not going to say if it is or not.

Time is helpful, as is maya.
Use it, just don't believe it.

I'm always surprised about people and their birthdays and how the clocks change and no one bats an eye. If birthdays are so cool, why not have one everyday? Or a least a mid-way one. I guess i'm weird because sleep is like death and waking up is like birth. Memories help to keep things flowing.

I don't know anything...

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

Time is the product of fragmentation “thought”, the me.