NoSelfSelf

Thinking vs No mind in Self-Actualization

12 posts in this topic

I have a little confusion about thinking,the more i do conciousness work the more my mind is silent barely anything comes in...i was always a thinker,wanted to know everything and have huge success(LP) that got me lots of fear and anxiety,now when i want to study something complicated or play chess or something without thinking im not getting same resaults(or results i know i can do)...how do you guys try to achieve fake growth without summoning ego or can it be done without thinking i hope you understand, its hard to communicate(now i understand you Leo :))

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

When i go along with my thoughts i get big urges to succed being better than anyone else(thats not healthy) thats what i meant when i said summoning the ego :)

Edited by NoSelfSelf

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

Now fight.

In short fake growth is when you get sucessful in something(example you can seduce a nice girl)....real growth is when you dont need something(in this example a girl)you are content/happy without pursuing it(and not lying to yourself)

It's you.

Now fight.

?

How do you and why do you think you are or thinking ? 

Do you know what thought is? 

Edited by Faceless

7 hours ago, Nahm said:

@NoSelfSelf ?? Thanks! I haven’t watched that one. What’s the moral or overall message?

5 minutes after i read your message some strong peace and bliss came and its not going away :D

It's you.

Now fight.

@Nahm @Faceless i wanted to say that to faceless but thank you guys ;)

It's you.

Now fight.

Your intellect will come back to you.  I went through a stage like this myself.  You can't rush this process.  Just be patient.  Intellectual interests will return for you.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

imo it's important to notice the illusory nature of thought, and practicing no-thought is one good way to meditate for sure, to search for mindfulness.

but it's a little ironic to think that thought can ever go away ;) it ain't really gone and it isn't really bad. it's just something which grabs your attention and can distract you. lots of things can distract you. it's easy to say "before enlightenment, carry wood chop water. after enlightenment, carry wood chop water" her but I think the more important message is how absorbed some people can get in carrying wood and chopping water that they fail to milk the cows and chat with the spouse during the lazy afternoon break. 

idk what you really mean by trying to achieve fake growth, I think you take a different message from the video than I did. what I found important in the message was to not get caught up in the thrill of accomplishment, when thrill is something which ain't really reliable or consistent is. the growth we seek is something which is stable and reliable. learning chess can have stable and reliable results too. if you feel thinking, processing strategy, planning, these things help you play chess. why stop it? it isn't fake growth to become a better thinker. it's fake growth to think that being a better thinker makes you a better mindful person. mindfulness is not thinking, and is more fundamental - mindfulness can exist in thought, in fact, awareness is necessary for thought to develop... awareness is really fundamental to all. thinking, just as chopping wood, or sex, or thrill, these things can distract us from finding mindfulness. 

overall leo tends to push us towards consiousness work and especially enlightenment and experiencing infinty/god/nothingness/noself/etc. whatever you wanna call it. but you can have fake growth as you move towards those goals, just as you can have "true growth" when moving towards chess mastery. the difference is just another illusion, in the end. these concepts - fake growth v. true growth. thought v awareness. they are only useful for finding more duality - more illusion - more belief - more lower self. but even the yogi returns to concept. it's just different. this is the meaning of enlightenment really - change, to take what you saw before and see it in a more full light. before and after, chop wood carry water. but, after - there's something more to it. it's different. after enlightenment, chopping wood carrying water - even thinking - don't need to be thrilling to be fulfilling. 

but thrill isn't bad. it just distracts us from what is True. we find ways to strip away thrill, strip away thought, to come to understand better what existence is like without those things. neti neti! and yet, we return to the illusions. it'd be unhealthy not to. but it's also unhealthy to get so absorbed in illusion, we lose sight of what's really there.