Seeker_of_truth

What kind of career should I have to facilitate self-actualization?

11 posts in this topic

I'm 17 and I'm currently at college studying Computer Science and Engineering.

My ultimate goal in life is to live a worthy life that I can clearly know I didn't waste (And what I think that means is I need to get enlightened as I don't know anything more worthy than understanding what life is)

So I've been thinking about what kind of career I should choose so that I can do personal development and achieve my goal...

I thought it would be okay to have a 9 to 5 job while doing personal development in free time. But now I think that might not be very efficient (or can it be ?)

So should I aim to amass a lot of money quickly and then retire quickly so that I can do personal development for the rest of my life or is there a kind of job that can facilitate me to do personal development simultaneously ? I've heard Leo say that we should not work under a boss rather we should be self-employed, but still even if I'm self-employed how will that change things ???

So which is the best course of action ?

This is what you should figure out for yourself,nobody knows if you can do something or not(only you know)use intuition....

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

33 minutes ago, NoSelfSelf said:

This is what you should figure out for yourself,nobody knows if you can do something or not(only you know)use intuition....

What ? I'm asking this because I don't have knowledge about how my life will be in a 9-5 job or if I am self-employed... I'm not aware of how much work I would have to do if I wanted to become rich quick and the retire quick. Since I have no knowledge about these things, I'm asking you guys. How can I use intuition here when I know nothing about these things.

@Seeker_of_truth learn a business by working at one, developing yourself with the simple intention of always giving 100% - you are the benefactor of how much you give. Get funding, get a loan, or save money. Open a business. Replace yourself in the operations / tasks. Your role in your business becomes life coach / motivator / personal development. Having replaced yourself, you are free to pursue deeper personal development, start other businesses, etc. 

Replacing one’s self in a business is (from what I notice) the most under appreciated facet of leadership. 

The ego is the worthwhile opponent, it’s the voice in our heads that tells us how great we are at what we do, and how we are so unique, so needed, so important,  that only I could do the work right. Leader’s don’t work, they lead. They keep inspired and their presence inspires. Seems simple, but so often missed. I think it gets missed because of mental attachment to money and results, both of which are low on the gratification front.

When the best leader's work is done the people say, 'We did it ourselves.' Lao Tzu
 https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/lao_tzu_151133

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

When this "work" , this "9-5 shitty job" becomes your consciousness work - ( can I get a hello! xD) Should be your ultimate goal. Even if it feels like two options right now, its because you are early in process. Don't give up, practice everyday, trust and fight for truth. Ego is a lie

@njuufa THe EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

IS A LIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

The only way to get a real answer to this question is to do Leo's Life Purpose Course.  Invest in that now.  It will be worth it to you.

@Seeker_of_truth if you can work a job and have time to do yoga and meditate then that’s all you need for now. That’s all I’m doing, I’m earning good money in a good job and in my free time doing consciousness work. Don’t try to over complicate things. 

4 hours ago, RawJudah said:

@Seeker_of_truth if you can work a job and have time to do yoga and meditate then that’s all you need for now. That’s all I’m doing, I’m earning good money in a good job and in my free time doing consciousness work. Don’t try to over complicate things. 

Yes, but the thing is what if you've been this kind of work for a while now? Like I just logged my 100th hour of mediation and I am in my second year of college, and I get where the guy posting this is coming from (shit were even the same Major lol). I think he is trying to point at a feeling of uncertainty as to where people in our position are headed. 

Edited by EvilSpacePope