Anna Konstantaki

Knowledge And Responsibility

6 posts in this topic

Self actualizing makes you run short on excuses not to solve problems. 

This does not only apply to my own problems. I could give away what I learnt and help others. 

I feel as if knowing all this is also putting me into a place where I SHOULD do something more 

because I simply COULD do. So... Does anyone feel the same? How do you deal with this 

responsibility that comes with simply knowing or even knowing "better"? 

@Anna Konstantaki ,

This comes up a lot for people. The way I like to answer to this dilema is through the first two words of a Christian famous prayer. They go like this: 

"OUR Father...." 

It does not say it is YOUR Father and so you have a responsibility to fix/guide/show other people the (your) way... as he is as much their father as he is yours. He will take care of them as he does of you. 

Hope this helps :) 

Ayla,

www.aylabyingrid.com

Follow your heart

:)

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

It seems to me that you try to change your surroundings with the knowledge you think you possess. I can only give you one advice:

Put yourself in some better surroundings. Changing your surroundings is extremely difficult and mainly long-term process in which you are not in full control most of the time. Focus on yourself and the things that YOU can actually do for yourself. Take action!

- TK

I have to deal with this situation every day at work. I'm a dietician and work in a clinic for drug addicts. They have various diseases, because of their long-term addictions. I KNOW how to eat "correctly" and how to eat to cure several diseases, but working with my patients is not that easy.

I can't force them to change and eat what I want them to eat. Some of them are really open-minded, want to know everything and are willing to change.

Drop the SHOULDs, as they are false and neurotic. Neither you nor anyone else should do anything.

But, yes, being conscious -- even more so than knowledge -- requires you take on much more responsibility. Which is why most people aren't very conscious.

Comes with the territory. Just bite the bullet and go about your business without shoulding yourself.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.