Alien

Extremely angry while meditating

23 posts in this topic

@Leo Gura I just meditated 20 minutes,( I started with 5 min). Its weird, the first minutes or so I get these thoughts like"nothing is happening, waste of time ,just stop you dumbass". But I quickly just observed and concentrated on my breath and they were gone. Then In an instand , without reason, I get like super aggressive and my body feels hot and I want to punch the wall next to me . But again it stops from one second to the other . And just after that I become super euphoric ,so much that I want to squeak like a baby . Are these extreme mood swings normal in a 20 minute sit ?

How long have you been mediating? If your mediating daily then mood swings can be normal, the mediation is resurfacing stuff from your subconscious.

Edited by nightrider1435

@Alien it sounds like you have just started meditating. These mood swings are great. Keep going, keep observing.

Easy choices, hard life. Hard choices, easy life.

@krazzer thangs I have just started a month ago but I notice its working , thats really motivating me ?

The first few months are the hardest, because you're basically purging all your subconscious.

After that, even though it can still be pretty crazy, it doesn't really matter, cause you don't identify that much to your thoughts and emotions anymore.

a302ab6397657c507b4857bc261abf8d1025d5bc

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

Continue to be fully aware of your emotions and bask in them until they pass, obviously while still focusing on your breath, but continue to not label anything - nothing about this is bad, it is simply your own psyche trying to keep the illusion in place.

Ever notice how someone would get defensive if you told someone they really didn't matter and wasn't real? They would lash back in similar ways, you're not directly telling your ego this - but the deeper you go, the more you imply this indirectly.

Keep it up, brother.

Edited by Omni

I know this feeling very much.

50 minutes into my meditation and my posture is incorrect or a lot of repressed memories come back, I must force myself not to move and punch the wall :D

It's really hard sometimes but persevere, you got this.

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus

12 hours ago, Alien said:

Are these extreme mood swings normal in a 20 minute sit ?

Basic rule: Everything is normal in meditation. I can literally not think of any feeling I had in my life that I didn't have in meditation. 2ndly, your kind of question has been asked now a bizillion times. This wonderful forum a search function that you can make use of. ;)

They want reality, so I give 'em a fatal dosage.

@Alien Tis merely the Devil leaving your body ;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Alien I am fascinated by your choice in avatar name & your question on meditation. Blowin my mind bro. You’re already in the rabbit hole. Meditate to this video next time. Breath in that divine prana and breath out that bullshit.  Just let it go right on through you. Don’t keep it by thinking.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm alright, my name is just randmly picked, and leo said in his videos that you will get mood swings and feel confused. What the Fu**  are you talking about ?

@Nahm man, dont kill me with this fucking bullshit, seriously. If there is no randomness in life than I will find out. But dont give me some stupid idea to carry around . I started 1month ago with getting serious in this work. So dont try to bullshit me . Get clear or fuck off 

@Alien Hey man if you have a bunch of suppressed anger and your mediating daily then watch out, it's all going to resurface and it might be more overwhelming to deal with than you might realize, you've only been meditating for a month. This is coming from someone who suppressed a bunch of anger throughout their life.

4 hours ago, Nahm said:

@Alien I am fascinated by your choice in avatar name & your question on meditation. Blowin my mind bro. You’re already in the rabbit hole. Meditate to this video next time. Breath in that divine prana and breath out that bullshit.  Just let it go right on through you. Don’t keep it by thinking.

I made the mistake of not listening to this before actually trying, and died laughing - you ruined my attempts at meditation, how dare you!

Realistically though, it's a no-bullshit meditation - just too distracting because of my sense of humor and how it's basically all meditation boils down to.

Edited by Omni

Do some Shadow Work.  You have some baggage that is rattling around in your Subconscious Mind.  You need to start to deal with that.

This is a good video that kind of introduces you to the issue:

Edited by Joseph Maynor

2 minutes ago, Alien said:

@Joseph Maynor @Omni  Im going to watch the video and act on it. Sry for that reaction of mine ?

No apology necessary. As long as you are conscious of these emotions, everything else will fall into place.

If you are ever frustrated, notice it and realize how your mind will overreact to the situation and make it seem as if it is a life or death scenario, it's our instinctual fight-or-flight response system - which we cannot just simply bury after billions of years of evolution, this is hardwired into you. But you are the engineer, and the more you learn about yourself and the functionality of it, the more you will acquire the ability to tinker and fix it.