Siim Land

How Your Thoughts Program Your Brain Through Neuroplasticity and Myelination

11 posts in this topic

What thoughts do you have most frequently?

Neuroplasticity is the process by which your brain restructures itself according to the input it receives in the form of thoughts, emotions, and actions.

Myelin is this network of axons that increase the speed of communication between neurons and it’s a crucial component of learning, memory, and neuroplasticity. 

So, if a certain pattern is stronger, if it’s fired more frequently ala neurons that fire together wire together, and if your brain perceives it as more important, then that pattern will begin to fire more easily, more rapidly and more efficiently through the process of myelination.

Which means – The thoughts and emotions you have, the actions you take or not take, they become your habitual self – your brain’s default state.

THAT’S a scary consequence you should think about because it’ll determine your habitual state of mind and what you’ll accomplish in the future.

Makes you think about what you think about on a daily basis....

Stay Empowered

Siim

Edited by Siim Land

Body Mind Empowerment 
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAohrrjG-3gEp5QF1WlM9_w

@Siim Land Very much enjoyed this video, I watched it at 2x speed. 

One practical and easy application of this knowledge that I will share is listening affirmations.

All one has to do it show up, listen, and repeat.

It works. I have been doing it for a little over a month now and have noticed surprising benefits. I expect it to be a long time before I get really solid benefits though. Like over a year. 

It is best to combine this with meditation.

One can search youtube for a variety of affirmations.

Thanks for sharing.

Edited by Colin

The kingdom of heaven is within.

@Colin It's true. Affirmations really have a quantifiable basis in the example of neuroplasticity. IN FACT, we're saying affirmations all day every day, we just do it unconsciously. Every thought is either reaffirming your already existing neural patterns or restructuring them. Self-talk and mindset are the real basis for mental happiness and well-being.

Body Mind Empowerment 

@Siim Land I have been really reflecting as of late on all of the messages I have received over the years from music, television, video games, advertisements etc. Filling my mind with arbitrary beliefs that I unwittingly took on and accepted.

@Siim Land

It's tough to accept this because everyone is so attached to their thoughts being "real" and "theirs".

But if you can just accept this, then it becomes the ultimate advantage. Because you realize can consciously program yourself to think any damn thing you want.

Want to have gratitude for every moment? You can train yourself to think that.

Want to have total confidence in your abilities? You can train yourself to think that.

So really the hardest part is just the letting go. Letting go of your old identity and comfort zone.

From there, you're free.

@aurum You're right - once you raise your awareness about it you can feel liberated by it. The root cause of suffering is ignorance - not in the sense of not having the knowledge but in the inability to see the truth of things.

We're very clung onto our habitual emotional states and thoughts because we're so used to them. Your most precious thoughts can set you free or they can bondage you into your own subjective suffering. Happiness is a conditioned state of mind. 

Body Mind Empowerment 

What thoughts do we have most frequently???

well “I” don’t have any thoughts 

I am a fragment of thought that attributes to itself an accumulation of thoughts

?=?

5 hours ago, aurum said:

@Siim Land

It's tough to accept this because everyone is so attached to their thoughts being "real" and "theirs".

But if you can just accept this, then it becomes the ultimate advantage. Because you realize can consciously program yourself to think any damn thing you want.

Want to have gratitude for every moment? You can train yourself to think that.

Want to have total confidence in your abilities? You can train yourself to think that.

So really the hardest part is just the letting go. Letting go of your old identity and comfort zone.

From there, you're free.

quite empowering 

A fascinating video describing affirmations and the subconscious mind from a very articulate monk.