Hardkill

I don't think that slut-shaming exists really anymore in developed countries

13 posts in this topic

I've recently thought about it and I don't see where slut-shaming is happening within developed countries such as the US, Canada, UK, etc. Maybe a little bit in high school, but that's seems to be it. Also, many high schoolers like to say all kinds of shit to others just because they are going through puberty and are still underage.

I can't talk about those countries you mentioned but I'm sure there is some, shaming is such an unproductive way of doing things. 

But it has absolutely been reduced heavily within the last 10 years.

Edited by Spiral

@Hardkill You are a male, so do not be surprised because nobody is slut-shaming you, but there quite certainly is slut-shaming even in developed countries. It is just that women do not always share this, maybe because it is just happening so often.

When it rains, it pours like hell.
-Insomnium

My blog: dragallur.wordpress.com

I think,  slut is a product of low consience culture, shaming would be the same cultures way of dealing with this problem reactive. Obviously with birthcontrol now the problem isnt as bad in society, but still...

In my opinion it's still there, it may be expressed in a more subtle way (not always), but it's still there.

@Hardkill

I never understood how much slut shaming girls went through until I started doing cold approach pickup.

What you quickly realize is that a lot of Game is not even being this super confident, alpha guy. It's creating a situation where the girl feels totally comfortable and that she is not being judged. Whatever that means for her.

I've seen girls flip from cold to receptive in just a few seconds by alleviating that concern. I've seen girls flip from receptive to cold once they feel judgment.

Then you start having sex and you realize how many girls are sexually repressed. They sometimes have these bizarre rules that have nothing to do with you, like she can only have anal sex or do it in certain positions. She can't let go.

This is why something like Vegas is so popular. It's like a free pass for casual sex because Vegas "doesn't count". What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas.

Also, a lot of slut shaming is subconscious. Maybe people aren't running around going "don't be a slut!". But it's implied.

It's in their subtle actions, not necessarily their words.

It's really no different than how you get conditioned into all sorts of subconscious beliefs. Then you have to go on this whole personal development process to uncover it and rewire it.

Some women opinion here about this would be nice to hear. Like do you womens sometimes feels judget like a slut if guy speaking with you? 

It's likely that women are slut shaming each other in their own social groups.  What men say about it doesn't matter, but it does when another woman tells them that, like their Moms or close friends.

But for guys, there is a simple, but stoic answer:  If she's a slut, then have nothing to do with her.  That's how sluts become socially trained.  But as long as other guys keep thinking with their dicks out of desperation, she'll continue being a slut & fucking on the first date to every Tom, Dick, & Harry that shows up. :) 

When you know a gal is a slut, you should be registering disgust, not being turned-on by it. That's how you know that you've got it all backwards.  If you're super-hard when she says she's a slut, you've already failed.  It's a tough nut to crack so to speak..lol.

Being a slut to me is more then just being promiscuous, it's how a person views themselves.Generally they feel like their value comes from their looks and how much others approve of them sexually. So they have a need for approval and affection, that will lead them down a miserable path. This need as a coping mechanism to very briefly feel better about themselves.

So technically you can be a "virgin slut" or be a girl whom have slept with lot's of guys without being a slut. 

People in stage green will disagree with this whole idea, which makes finding them very easy to distinguish. 

Women are still all the time considered to give something away instead of actually enjoying relationships and sex for the good of themselves and everyone. There is joy of giving and receiving, but this is dismissed and replaced with the idea of it being something cheapening for a woman to do. It is seen as a selfish or manipulative thing for a woman to have sex very often in our society. Of course this has reduced but it still is there. There might actually be a bit of this for guys as well.

9 hours ago, smd said:

It's likely that women are slut shaming each other in their own social groups.  What men say about it doesn't matter, but it does when another woman tells them that, like their Moms or close friends.

But for guys, there is a simple, but stoic answer:  If she's a slut, then have nothing to do with her.  That's how sluts become socially trained.  But as long as other guys keep thinking with their dicks out of desperation, she'll continue being a slut & fucking on the first date to every Tom, Dick, & Harry that shows up. :) 

When you know a gal is a slut, you should be registering disgust, not being turned-on by it. That's how you know that you've got it all backwards.  If you're super-hard when she says she's a slut, you've already failed.  It's a tough nut to crack so to speak..lol.

I don’t judge if a girl sleeps around when she’s single. It’s better than cheating on someone.

9 hours ago, YaNanNallari said:

Women are still all the time considered to give something away instead of actually enjoying relationships and sex for the good of themselves and everyone. There is joy of giving and receiving, but this is dismissed and replaced with the idea of it being something cheapening for a woman to do. It is seen as a selfish or manipulative thing for a woman to have sex very often in our society. Of course this has reduced but it still is there. There might actually be a bit of this for guys as well.

There are at least two sides. The other is:

If a woman wants to have power over men with control over sex, then it is not good if an other woman give it away 'for free'. Think about that.

16 hours ago, smd said:

But for guys, there is a simple, but stoic answer:  If she's a slut, then have nothing to do with her.

ATTENTION
Well, I think we have to distinguish between slut (girl, who sleeps with almost everyone and behave uncivilised) and a relative promiscuous girl (sleeps with some guys every now and then but is civilised) compared to the standart of sleeping with 2 or 4 guys in a LIFETIME.

SYY

Edited by supremeyingyang

Thanks for the responses guys. So, slut-shaming is usually only subtly implied on a subconscious level such as when someone else says "your clothes are too skimpy" or "I wouldn't want to date a girl who has slept with more than 20 guys because I won't feel special" or  "a girl who has slept with more than 40 guys would intimidate me" ?