Hardkill

I really don't know what I want to do for a living

19 posts in this topic

Guys, I know I already asked if whether or not I should become an entrepreneur, but my parents have convinced me that it's not worth it (at least for the moment). I am in a Master's teaching program, but I am not really enthusiastic about becoming a teacher. I really don't know what I want to do and really wish I knew what my passion would be for a living. I cannot afford to pay for the Life Purpose course now or anytime soon. I believe that if I knew I what I wanted to do for a living then I would be completed 100% focused and productive.  What do I do?

Find the money to purchase Leo's life purpose course, and then go for it! Make it a priority.

It's the biggest investment you can make on yourself - and trust me, it will pay infinite dividends lol.

Edited by St Clair

What were your favourite subjects in school while you were growing up? (Top 3 please.)

Were there anything else you did on your free time? 

(Doing self-inquiry helps.)

You need to go through Leo's Life Purpose Course.  The sooner you can get started the better.

Or just buy the book list and read what you need to read first, note and take action on them? But I guess that's a bit more time investment. I've read through a sizable amount of books there now and I'm not quite the same as before. I know what I want now. My guess is that the LP course contains a lot of motivational content and enables getting to the heart of the matter quickly, but I can't imagine that it provides what you're looking for which you can't get through study of the books.

But it's funny, and a good business strategy to dangle that LP course over our heads. "What IF ... it's a total mindfuck and you've been on the wrong path all this time?" xD

Check out cal newports website he has a lot of useful information on what to do related to career

@Hardkill try to realize how easy it is to make $250. This is a a few days of cutting grass, shoveling snow, collecting bottles, holding a sign on the side of the road, writing a letter asking someone for help, Uber or lift driving, creating a go fund me, collecting metal on garbage day and taking it to the scrap yard, selling some of your old stuff on EBay, filling in as a waiter / waitress for a weekend, baby sitting, etc. There is no shortage. Open your mind. You are in a masters of teaching program, and you can’t produce $250? THAT must be quite a splinter. You can do anything you believe you can do, evidenced by everything & nothing around you always. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

I think earning money is really easy but saving for the time when it's really required is hard. 

If you just start in whatever way you think you can earn will definitely be great. Balancing your expenses is something that comes when you have a balanced everything like internally, if you can balance your intake and activities, mind-body or even a relationship with any thing or person you will gain the right wisdom. 

Edited by Shubh_5S

Do those until you have enough money for the Life Purpose Course (not the alternative methods though):

https://www.wikihow.com/Make-Money-Fast

And get a part-time job for like 6 hours and less.

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

As someone who has been a successful entrepreneur (I was a millionaire by the time I was 34), my advice would be to first find a reliable job that will support your basic financial needs. Start testing the waters with your business idea without giving up your regular income until your business income has surpassed your regular income.

Then you need to decide if you are built to be an entrepreneur. Good entrepreneurs are logical, divergent thinkers and have strong personalities with flexible perspectives. If you start a business and you are not seeing it get solid traction on its own, as if it has a mind of its own to grow, cut bait.

On 13/12/2017 at 10:46 PM, Key Elements said:

What were your favourite subjects in school while you were growing up? (Top 3 please.)

Were there anything else you did on your free time? 

(Doing self-inquiry helps.)

Science, math, and art.

I did sports and played too many video games and sometimes hung out with friends from school.

2 hours ago, Hardkill said:

Science, math, and art.

I did sports and played too many video games and sometimes hung out with friends from school.

Ok, great! You could pick one of those or combine one or two of those and start doing it. Explore it. For example, if you like science, start finding science projects on YouTube or elsewhere to do. This is just one example. There's a quote, "Listen to your heart. What is it really telling you to do?" (Remember, practice doing self-inquiry.)

*Just a note here: doing what you like could actually lead to a job related to what you like.

On 12/15/2017 at 6:23 PM, Key Elements said:

Ok, great! You could pick one of those or combine one or two of those and start doing it. Explore it. For example, if you like science, start finding science projects on YouTube or elsewhere to do. This is just one example. There's a quote, "Listen to your heart. What is it really telling you to do?" (Remember, practice doing self-inquiry.)

*Just a note here: doing what you like could actually lead to a job related to what you like.

The problem is that I don't know what avenue to choose that would be realistic for me. For example, it would great if I became a video game designer, but that's an extremely competitive field and I don't even have nearly enough computer skills to be qualified for such a job. Regarding other kinds of careers, I used to want to be a scientist, but I don't know exactly what kind of scientist I want to be and I don't think that I smart enough to become one (at least not yet). Also, I would have to go back for a lot more undergraduate schooling before I could ever seriously consider applying for a master's or doctorate level grad program. Plus, the positions for scientists are very competitive even amongst those who have a graduated with a formidable doctoral degree from a prestigious university. I also thought about medical school, but it's not only very hard to get into any medical school, but also it's very life-draining to do the program. I don't even know if I have the mental discipline for it. Hell, I thought about becoming a DPT and I don't know if I even have the mental discipline and organizational abilities to get through something like either. I've even thought of trying to open a fitness gym of my own, but that too seems very unrealistic. Practically speaking, all of the professions that I've ever dreamed of have become pipe-dreams that are very unlikely to come to fruition for me.

Okay, listen to yourself: "I am finishing a MASTER'S IN EDUCATION and now I can't afford 250 for a this purpose course"  Who is putting so much pressure on you to get it so right that you've picked wrong?  Your parents?  Society? Or you perception of what they want from you?  Have you internalized some assumptions and now put this pressure on yourself?  Baby, it's totally okay if you feel uneasy about moving into the career you are about to dive into.  You don't have to do it forever.  You can quit after a week, guilt free if you choose.  And you definitely don't lose any of your humanity or right to be if you fail.   But really ask, what has humanity done all this time without THE LIFE PURPOSE COURSE!  Well, you know, we've done okay on going to the library, making choices one day at a time, and talking to our friends and bartenders.  So, go out try your best, and when you have time energy and money available to dive deeper into purpose work, feel free.  No pressure to do it any sooner.

4 hours ago, Hardkill said:

The problem is that I don't know what avenue to choose that would be realistic for me. For example, it would great if I became a video game designer, but that's an extremely competitive field and I don't even have nearly enough computer skills to be qualified for such a job. Regarding other kinds of careers, I used to want to be a scientist, but I don't know exactly what kind of scientist I want to be and I don't think that I smart enough to become one (at least not yet). Also, I would have to go back for a lot more undergraduate schooling before I could ever seriously consider applying for a master's or doctorate level grad program. Plus, the positions for scientists are very competitive even amongst those who have a graduated with a formidable doctoral degree from a prestigious university. I also thought about medical school, but it's not only very hard to get into any medical school, but also it's very life-draining to do the program. I don't even know if I have the mental discipline for it. Hell, I thought about becoming a DPT and I don't know if I even have the mental discipline and organizational abilities to get through something like either. I've even thought of trying to open a fitness gym of my own, but that too seems very unrealistic. Practically speaking, all of the professions that I've ever dreamed of have become pipe-dreams that are very unlikely to come to fruition for me.

Ok. I get what you're saying. I would just try different things of my interest in real life before knowing what job to get related to my interest. Start small.

Basically, for me, one day, I just took a pen and notebook and started writing down whatever came to my mind - journaling. Then, in the same journal I started gradually practicing a foreign language that I had practiced with since childhood. I kept going at it and became a bilingual teacher. Of course, this is not the end of my journey. It continues. You could also do the same - use a simple tool like a pen & notebook. Start small. Start with whatever is practical and reachable within your sight.

Hey, here's another simple question that may help. Around your home or within your sight now, what tool(s) are you going to pick up to use to do what you're interested in? :) For this exercise, your mind has to be free. Do not think of things like: oh, I cannot be a scientist because I'm not qualified. Like I said, I picked up a pen & notebook. If you love science, you may look into a microscope. If you love music, it may be a guitar. Or, you may use your body to do kung fu. Etc. You get the point. Just try to stay away from the computer if you are hooked. Only use it when you need it.

Like everyone else is saying on your thread, take the LP course. 

(During networking, I saw an 'ordinary' person do a science project program. He just video taped everything he did and made it creative. He presented in front of a group of Venture Capitalists, and they invested thousands in his program. I want you to find out about entrepreneurship too -- what it takes to make your dreams come true and eventually go beyond that because at that point you'll realize that money isn't everything. I'm only giving an example. Don't think about this part yet. Like I said, start small.)

This is exactly what Leo's Life Purpose Course was designed to guide you through.  Get that as soon as you can and start working it.

Substitute.  Maybe you're telling yourself the story that substituting is below you, whereas, making the choice to sub while you FEEL IN TO the working world might actually be the mature thing to do.  University and the real world are completely separate entities, and lack of fluid integration and support through the transition is THE reason teachers have a higher rate of quitting early in their careers.  Take it easy for a year and take small steps towards finding yourself outside of these two very rigid frameworks.  There is so much going on outside of "being a student" and "being a teacher".

Okay, I will buy the Life Purpose course some time in the future. It better work.