Max_V

Accentuating feminine qualities.

6 posts in this topic

Well, after contemplating it for a while I've signed up for a Kundalini yoga try-out lesson. This is not only to meet new people but also for consciousness work. 

I thought about doing it mainly after watching Leo's video on attraction and how females are attracted to men who don't hide their feminine side but accentuate it. So the past few weeks I've just let all the "I must be masculine!!" nonsense go. I tried went the authentic route and expressed myself as emotional as I am. There has always been this inner critique on "A man must be stoic and grounded" meanwhile I'm naturally more a sensitive and emotional guy. 

Honestly I'm scared as fuck to go. I've come a long way with pushing my comfort zone and getting more confident but this step is a tough one to take. More so because I can't hide like I have always done. I'm there and showing myself which is something I struggle with.

What I was wondering is, the guys who do yoga on this forum, how is your experience with being in a mainly female group? 

I'd like to ask you too @ajasatya because I know you have some experience on this topic.

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus

very good! get closer to your discomfort and watch it until it's no longer there.

i used to be very uncomfortable around women and nowadays i am more comfortable being surrounded by them than being in a group of men.

the thing is that we usually react as if we had to prove something about ourselves. what a illusion!

when we're in the company of women, it's actually a good context for us to shut up, learn how to listen and make eye contact. it's like practicing do nothing, but in public!

unborn Truth

Cool! I think you'll love it! 

23 minutes ago, ajasatya said:

get closer to your discomfort and watch it until it's no longer there.

YES!

Btw, one type of yoga that is REALLY challenging for me is Acro Yoga because it involves such a deep exchange of energy, seriously, even more so than sex. hahah...

4 hours ago, ajasatya said:

very good! get closer to your discomfort and watch it until it's no longer there.

i used to be very uncomfortable around women and nowadays i am more comfortable being surrounded by them than being in a group of men.

the thing is that we usually react as if we had to prove something about ourselves. what a illusion!

when we're in the company of women, it's actually a good context for us to shut up, learn how to listen and make eye contact. it's like practicing do nothing, but in public!

@Max_V

It's way more incomfortable than do nothing if you were a shy/virgin guy like me, but it gets better very quickly as long as you accept the awkwardness :D 

I would even suggest to take dance class when you're a bit more comfortable around women, it will force you to be even closer to them.
It's fun and it's a big plus, just defy your crush to dance with you, then lead her.

@Max_V 18 is fine, lots of women are still virgin at this age anyway :) 

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@ajasatya I really like that. Doing do nothing in public haha! I will try to stay mindful of the feeling of discomfort and the “I am not good enough” thoughts that come up.

I am actually really looking forward to trying yoga. I’ve always been naturally interested in it, but repressed the interest because of the belief that it is not masculine or will make weak in some way which is obviously baloney.

So let’s see if it resonates with me

@Shin I’ve become at peace with any silence in conversations. I actually quite enjoy them because it It reminds me of self-inquiry for some reason.

Also I’m indeed still a virgin. Idk if 18 is late but I suppose it’s fine. If I remain authentic and at peace with my self it will happen sooner or later. 

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus

3 hours ago, Max_V said:

I am actually really looking forward to trying yoga. I’ve always been naturally interested in it, but repressed the interest because of the belief that it is not masculine or will make weak in some way which is obviously baloney.

starting a yogic practice was one of the best gifts i've ever given to myself

unborn Truth