hinawashi

Why does the ego corrupt everything?

36 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, haai14 said:

@Shin why is then understanding it important in the first place, if all i think is not the thing? Isn't then that just useless. Should i just know that there is something and just do practises.

It is important in the sense that it can motivate you.

If you really understand what it implies, you'll want it really really bad.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

Thought is the product of knowledge either by culture, sub culture, or personal experiences and so on. Thought is always old never new. Thought is not yours or mine it is just thought. Thought is knowledge influenced by that of the past. 

Check out conditioning more in depth. Look up knowledge/thought and it’s connection to ego 

Edited by Faceless

OK, so from what I understand from a non-dual perspective, the statements "you don't exist" and "you are everything" is actually the exact same. Of course, like @Shin said, I didn't get to that understanding through thought or concepts or logic. This is something that you really have to experience in order to understand. I mean I could tell you about it, and Leo can tell you much more, but fundamentally whoever is speaking of enlightenment and non-duality is just a messenger, someone who has a copy of a treasure map. You have to first believe that the piece of treasure exists, and also that the treasure is worth spending time and effort and possible risking your life and limb to acquire. Then you have to actually go out and dig up that piece of treasure. Of course when I say go out I really mean go inside yourself because, hey, this is all a mind trick.

So don't dismiss thought as unimportant, I mean technically you don't have to have the treasure map, but getting that map makes the job much easier. All we're saying here is don't mistake the map for the treasure. That's a very easy trap to fall into.

2 hours ago, haai14 said:

@Leo Gura its nothing appearing as something? if yes its then not nothing nothing its nothing as something but still its nothing. Is it something like this? 

Your idea of nothing is backwards. Nothing isn't nothing, it's something.

If you want to know what nothing looks like: it looks PRECISELY like what you call the "physical world", but also every other kind of world imaginable.

1 hour ago, DnoReally said:

@Leo Gura If nothing exists how can there be something to make something up? :^)

Something and nothing are one.

---------

You are not going to understand this with the mind. It is impossible. You're asking questions about the Absolute here. The Absolute is beyond your questions or anything you can imagine.

Even after you experience the Absolute, it is still impossible to imagine it. That's how Absolute it is.

It's sort of like seeing Bigfoot, but he looks so weird that you cannot see him again in your mind's eye even after you've clearly seen him. Unless, of course, you're looking at him right now.

Imagine if you will that reality is an infinite mirage. It only appears to exist, but actually doesn't. Because there is no arbiter of what is real or unreal, everything is nothing. There is no such thing as an absolute reference frame for reality. It's sort of like being in outer space, where up and down have no meaning without the Earth's gravity as a reference frame.

Your existence is the reference frame defining your reality. Without that reference frame, there is nothing. And your reference frame is itself a fiction.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

15 minutes ago, hinawashi said:

That's a very easy trap to fall into.

The trickiest thing is when you think you're not seeking with your mind, but you still do, even though it seems there is nothing.
It's wonderful how deep the deception goes, it's a masterpiece, only god could do such a thing !!! xD

Pretty sure there is still at least one layer of deception after that ... :ph34r:

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

15 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

@hinawashi The corruption isn't a bug, it's the main feature.

See... when nothing actually exists, the only way for it to come into being is through lies.

There is no reality. So ego has to make one up.

The reason you're not understanding this is because you assume a reality exists which can ground things. But in fact there cannot possibly be such a thing as reality. That's just the ego.

This sounds like that anti-relativity talk.

Ego self story is not real in the sense it exists as words, but body-minds are real in their own right, and not faulty.

Whereas insecurity/paranoia just stem from unresolved negative thought imprints, held onto through (collective) habit, and that is often referred to as ego, but not the best definition.

An unhurt ego, like a child, and thecommon adult experience on earth are 2 very different forms of 'ego', but both healthy egos and unhealthy egos have a sense of Self, as do enlightened masters.

Edited by AlwaysBeNice

The Ego can only be as good as the low-consciousness awareness that allowed the ideas and habits to accumulate the way they did that the Mind clings to: The scripts and patterns that you've been programmed to run or expect.  Awareness is what dissolves the Ego over time if one is properly walking the path of Enlightenment.  The Guru guides the tenderfoot through the forest.

Watch this video:

Edited by Joseph Maynor

On 12/13/2017 at 1:32 AM, ajasatya said:

the human race is very young. we're still learning how to use the mind. VERY SLOWLY.

I love this answer.  Very thought provoking.

On 12/13/2017 at 6:11 PM, Shin said:

Talk non-dual to me :$

It's when the reality gets absolutely naked before your non-existing eyes; then all of a sudden, unexpectedly the strings of your heart start to sing the song of infinity and create new universes out of no-where...

@Shin

?

18 hours ago, realname said:

I'm wondering, though, about logic. There are worlds with no logic, right? If anything's possible?

You should familiarize yourself with formal logic.

There are an infinite number of self-consistent different kinds of logics. Not in other worlds, but just in THIS world! You can study them in university.

What you refer to as "logic" does not exist. That's a gross over-simplification.

@realname Worlds have nothing to do with logic. Logic is a symbolic system invented by humans. Like a language.

From what I understand at this point, consciousness can literally take any form at all that it wants, without restriction. There are no worlds per se. There are just different dreams.

Imagine an infinite mind which can dream up whatever the hell it wants. Right now, it happens to be dreaming up you.