beastmode

So Will I Experience Everyone Else's Lives Eventually?

9 posts in this topic

Just starting to grasp the theory behind Enlightenment. Leo said in one of his videos that all is one, all that has and ever will be. Does this mean I will eventually/have already experienced a whole load of pain? Like people who've been tortured, burned alive etc? Naturally this concerns me... help!

Enlightenment is a tricky beast of a thing to try to teach someone, because it’s easy to give the Mind more limiting-beliefs to avoid doing this work.  I am trying my best to explain Enlightenment in a way that resonates with me that is least harmful to those trying to unhook themselves from culture.  Even Enlightenment theory is a part of culture.  What you want to do is free yourself from the shackles of culture, while still being in it.  Then the authentic-self has a chance to get to know itself and to get out from under the mama-bear of the Mind.  No quick answers in the form of beliefs are gonna help you.  You gotta find the authentic-self and then convince the Mind that culture is causing you suffering.  Then the Mind will release the Ego on its own through raising awareness.  So, only raising awareness correlates with Enlightenment, and it takes about 6 months of consistent work to start to see real results.  You are changing habits by building awareness.  Some things can’t be unseen.  That’s what you are shooting for.  Those the Mind can’t sweep up under the rug or conveniently forget about.

You know how a wet dog swivels its body back and forth to try to dry itself off?  That’s kind of what Enlightenment is.  You gotta shake all that culture, all that conditioning off.  And no-one can do your swivel for you, you gotta do it yourself.  They can tell you about their swivels, but that doesn’t really do much to help you with yours.  It might mislead you to what your swivel will actually be like — because now the Mind has a bunch of notions in the air telling it what to expect from the swivel.  That’s why Enlightenment teachers are very careful about what they say and how they say it. 

Edited by Joseph Maynor

22 minutes ago, Nahm said:

what you are is experiencing all of them right now. 

Holy shit.

Given that we dunno how deep is rabit hole, it might be possible for you to go and live in someone else’s body during trance. 

Imagine some witch is looking through your eyes right now!

8 hours ago, beastmode said:

Leo said in one of his videos that all is one, all that has and ever will be. Does this mean I will eventually/have already experienced a whole load of pain? Like people who've been tortured, burned alive etc?

You have and are experiencing the most horrific pains without noticing. Look around you. People get tortured, killed, raped and it's all you. It's just that you don't identify with their relative bodies and minds as much as you do with "your own". You always experience a tremendous change. Your level of pain and in-pure love is directly correlated with how much you are aware of this change.

They want reality, so I give 'em a fatal dosage.