Shakazulu

Mother-Son Love

9 posts in this topic

If a man cannot unconditionally love and serve his mother can he ever truly love a woman? Is his relation to this mother a reflection of his love?

Page 75-111 in "The Archetypes and The Collective Unconscious" by Carl Jung is pretty interesting but REALLY creepy when you have mommy issues.;)Taking a look at abusive parents and narcissism might be useful as well. Maybe you would start to understand this whole thing if you started to watch your reactions around people, to be awere of what's happening in your body while spending time around people?

P.S. I'm terrible at this thing 

Edited by Sri McDonald Trump Maharaj

Hallå

Were neglected as a child now can't fall in in love, makes sense. Ideas on how to fix?

10 hours ago, Shakazulu said:

@Sri McDonald Trump Maharaj  I really wanna check it out. But the way my bank account is set up lol. A point or an idea from that section would be appreciated xD

He said something about turning into some kind of Don Quijote seeking the mother he never had in every woman he sees, like this guy. ;)  

Hallå

@Spiral damn I'm not really sure if my mom neglected me as a child. I definitely do love and serve my mom however I never grew up telling her I love her or admiring her beauty. I know for fact growing up I craved love and felt unworthy of it. 

If you unconditionally love you love everyone unconditionally. Silly question. But yes people do project their close relationships into other relationships.

Is the relationship with the mother a healthy one or a toxic one? Just because someone got themselves pregnant doesnt mean they are a good person to have in your life. If that is the best reason one could think of to keep a relationship, they need to evaluate why they want the relationship in the first place.