egoless

Is Joker Enlightened?

5 posts in this topic

Joker from the batman series. Can he be Enlightened? Can Enlightened person act like him? He clearly does not want money, no sex, no power. He has no identity, no ego desires... He is No One and has literally nothing to loose. All he ever wanted is to prove to others that the reality is infinite anarchy. @Leo Gura I think I finally understood your point of view. Enlightenment does not make you saint nor evil. It is just knowledge of the Truth you acquire. What you do with that Truth entirely depends on you. Am I right? Is that what you mean? 

Edited by egoless

It's only enlightenment if there's been the realization that this Joker doesn't exist, except as a fictional character, like everyone else :)

Idk bout him but Superman’s story is clearly built as an allegory of enlightenment

Lol .. Joker acted on behalf of a movement from the center. He was still caught in subjectivity. Caught within the realm of thought. A slave to Reality. 

His actions were a reaction to the content that was stored up in his mind “thought/consciousness” 

There was an obvious limitation due to fragmentation of thought. Pain, sorrow, suffering being implications of an individualized alienated conciousness that felt seperate and estranged from others. 

It seems obvious that the joker did not know that consciousness/thought is not yours or mine. There is just thought/consciousness.

This would be my observation into it