SuperLuigi

Enlightenment test

9 posts in this topic

If you can sit in meditation without a single thought for 50 mins... you are enlightened? 

Btw I cannot. I can do 3 mins or so :D

The real test is this:

han-solo-deathgif.gif

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

57 minutes ago, SuperLuigi said:

If you can sit in meditation without a single thought for 50 mins... you are enlightened? 

Btw I cannot. I can do 3 mins or so :D

No, sitting thoughtlessly is not enlightenment.  But it does make it easier for enlightenment to happen.

Sitting thoughtlessly is not even a test for enlightenment.

Edited by eputkonen

Eric Putkonen - stopped blogging and now do videos on YouTube - http://bit.ly/AdvaitaChannel

Everyone thinks that eliminating thought is the point of meditation and enlightenment.  That is only the beginning of the process and it is not the end goal.

Meditation is about awareness that is the key to meditation and the process of enlightenment. Being completely aware. Thinking is not awareness and awareness is not thinking. 

The process of sitting until no thoughts arise is trying to get you familiar with the feeling of awareness. It is not the end of the process it is only the beginning. After you become familiar with awareness you need to learn how to use it or I should say aim it.  That is where all the fun begins.

The reason masters tell you to quiet the mind is that you can not think and be aware at the same time so gagging your monkey mind gives you  better chance to actually feel what true awareness is like. 

I no longer advocate, participate, condone, or support  actualized.org or Leo Gura in anyway. The reasons are left in the few post I left behind. 

3 minutes is still quite good, most people cannot do 30 seconds.

B R E A T H E

No.  Are you watching the movie that the monkey-mind is giving you?  That's what you need to be doing.  Just be the Watcher, the observer of the monkey-mind.

17 hours ago, SuperLuigi said:

If you are not enlightened yourself, you cannot test if someone is enlightened or not. If you are enlightened, you can. It's easy. You can sense it just as you can sense whether someone if full of bullshit or not. But as long as you are not there, you may be mislead.

They want reality, so I give 'em a fatal dosage.

A good test would be if one is at least aware during deep dreamless sleep most or some of the time. Most that teach are not of course. But we are speaking not about Awakening but Enlightenment here. So if a "person" is not aware also during his deep dreamless sleep it is fair to say it is not enlightenment.