Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mart

Intense meditation experience. Not sure what it is !

7 posts in this topic

Just finished an hour meditation session. About halfway through i'm doing a bit of inquiry, looking for what i am, going quit deep. Suddenly the way i perceived changed, hard to put into words, and my heart started pounding like it never did before, really really hard. After what seemed like about a minute my heart rate started to go down and the pounding got back to normal a little later. Right now it seems like my experience of reality is just slightly different, i won't bother explaining cause i don't know how to. What does this mean, what is it ?  

p.s. usually i meditate twice a day for 30 minutes. Yesterday and today i have more free time so i did six 30 minute sessions yesterday and today i had a very nice first 35 minute session followed by the hour session i just did. Just mentioning this in case it might have something to do with it. 

I can't really speak to specific body sensations, energy movements, perceptual shifts, etc. Assuming you are in good health, these will come and go. But going into story-mode about them isn't going to help the practice, and is just a counter-productive distraction, and totally optional. Focus on what remains when the sensations pass, without any story about it, that which is ever-present, the awareness of all things that pass. Rupert Spira is quite effective at pointing to this IMO ...

Edited by snowleopard

@Mart remember that it's just an experience. Experiences come and go. Look for the true self which is beyond experience.

Easy choices, hard life. Hard choices, easy life.

17 hours ago, krazzer said:

@Mart remember that it's just an experience. Experiences come and go. Look for the true self which is beyond experience.

Perception of reality still changes though right ?

It's just not a flashy thing because nothing fundamentally changes, reality becomes just more and more ethereal (and beautiful).

Or even that is my mind tricking myself into thinking there is "progress" ?

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@Mart This probably won't be the last time it happens. As with all else, let it go and carry on.

7 hours ago, Shin said:

Perception of reality still changes though right ?

It's just not a flashy thing because nothing fundamentally changes, reality becomes just more and more ethereal (and beautiful).

Or even that is my mind tricking myself into thinking there is "progress" ?

For the true self progress doesn't exist. The mind can create a sense of progress, but what is seen as progress is always subject to change.

Easy choices, hard life. Hard choices, easy life.