Joseph Maynor

Does Anyone Here Have Any Experience With Salvia Divinorum?

30 posts in this topic

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salvia_divinorum

I picked up some 120x haha.  I'm not gonna do any until I have a sitter with me that is totally sober.

I've had the 40x, the 60x, and now I have the 120x!

The SALVIA Experiential Rating Scale

Level - 1 "S" stands for SUBTLE effects. A feeling that "something" is happening, although it is difficulty to say just what. Relaxation and increased sensual appreciation may be noted. This mild level is useful for meditation and may facilitate sexual pleasure.

Level - 2 "A" stands for ALTERED perception. Colors and textures are more pronounced. Appreciation of music may be enhanced. Space may appear of greater or lesser depth than is usual. But visions do not occur at this level. Thinking becomes less logical, and more playful; short-term memory difficulties may be noted.

Level - 3 "L" stands for LIGHT visionary state. Closed-eye visuals (clear imagery with eyes closed: fractal patterns, vine-like and geometric patterns, visions of objects and designs). The imagery is often two dimensional. If open-eyed visual effects occur, these are usually vague and fleeting. At this level, phenomena similar to the hypnagogic phenomena that some people experience at sleep onset occur. At this level, visions are experienced as "eye candy" but are not confused with reality.

Level - 4 "V" stands for VIVID visionary state. Complex three-dimensional realistic appearing scenes occur. Sometimes voices may be heard. With eyes open, contact with consensual reality will not be entirely lost, but when you close your eyes you may forget about consensus reality and enter completely into a dreamlike scene. Shamanistic journeying to other lands--foreign or imaginary; encounters with beings (entities, spirits) or travels to other ages may occur. You may even live the life of another person. At this level you have entered the shaman's world. Or if you prefer: you are in "dream time." With eyes closed, you experience fantasies (dream like happenings with a story line to them). So long as your eyes are closed you may believe they are really occurring. This differs from the "eye candy" closed-eye imagery, of level 3.

Level - 5 "I" stands for IMMATERIAL existence. At this level one may no longer be aware of having a body. Consciousness remains and some thought processes are still lucid, but one becomes completely involved in inner experience and looses all contact with consensual reality. Individuality may be lost; one experiences merging with God/dess, mind, universal consciousness, or bizarre fusions with other objects--real or imagined (e.g. experiences such as merging with a wall or piece of furniture). At this level it is impossible to function in consensual reality, but unfortunately some people do not remain still but move around in this befuddled state. For this reason a sitter is essential to ensure the safety of someone voyaging to these deep levels. To the person experiencing this the phenomenon may be terrifying or exceedingly pleasant; but to an outside observer the individual may appear confused or disoriented.

Level 6 - "A" stands for AMNESIC effects. At this stage, either consciousness is lost, or at least one is unable to later recall what one had experienced. The individual may fall, or remain immobile or thrash around; somnambulistic behavior may occur. Injuries can be sustained without pain being felt; on awakening, the individual will have no recollection of what he/she did, experienced, or said in level 6. People cannot recall what they experience in this very deep trance state. This is not a desirable level, because nothing can latter be recalled of the experience.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Man... you just keep playing with fire, don't you?

;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I've never had it myself but i don't have single positive report of anyone that has. You will definitely have ego death, if that is what you are after, you might become a frog though.. have seen that happen. Not a pretty sight. Good luck! ;-) 

I tried it once when I was young, but it didn't work. Which made no sense. I bought it at a smart shop. Maybe it was a good thing though.

I'm interested in trying it again some time. But i'll stick with mushrooms for now. There's still a lot to learn.

Check out this dudes trip report

He reached master yogi levels of enlightenment, as is evident by the fact that for a few moments his body was totally suspended in mid air. 

Edited by Arman

17 minutes ago, Arman said:

He reached master yogi levels of enlightenment, as is evident by the fact that for a few moments his body was totally suspended in mid air. 

Great Post!!!

It’s amazing.  You gotta surrender to it though.  And stay in one spot.  Best to lie down before using it.  Don’t try to do it socially.  It’s not for novices.  I’m experimenting with micro-dosing with it.  It’s good to sprinkle in with some weed half and half I find.  Then you get a milder kind of head-trip not the full shebang that you do if you take a big rip off the stuff and hold it in.  Easy does it with Salvia.  Don’t try to be a show-off right away with it because it’s unpredictable.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

6 hours ago, Afonso said:

According to your extensive research, is there any valid reason to do Salvia?

Oh, it will surely mindfuck you like no other.

Might be some value in that ;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

My first experience: Very slight effects, very calming and enjoyable.

My second experience: I was being torn in half, I was a house, I was several people, I was no one and nothing, I couldn't believe what was happening, had very unpleasant physical pain all over my body, feared I might not "come back" without psychological disturbance or damage, fought against it, tried to prove to myself what was real by moving my body, which was really difficult. It was terrifying, although interesting as fuck, because I didn't expect something like this to happen (thought my dosage wasn't that high) and I had never experienced anything remotely like this from other psychedelics or dissociatives. When it was over, it felt like a super weird bad dream, that I couldn't clearly remember anymore, unpleasant physical and psychological after effects were present for quite a while. It felt like a completely useless experience, because it didn't feel like something I could integrate with the rest of my experiences in any way. Later I thought I could maybe explore it again in terms of "ego death" and I might discover something there, but this consideration is purely conceptual. The experience didn't feel like something "true". I'd be interested to see though, if the fear would be there again in the same way. But I'm afraid of the physical pain and of being psycholigically disturbed for days. I wouldn't know in what setting I could feel physically comfortable. During the trip, every position was very painful, lying, sitting, standing, moving... Any tips?

22 hours ago, Arman said:

This is why you never take these substances together. Always one at a time or with a tripsitter.. but in all honesty just wait for DMT. You'll never waste your time with salvia again, especially if you want deep spiritual, healing or enlightening experiences DMT is far beyond salvia.

If anything salvia will just twist and manipulate more illusion into ones life.

B R E A T H E

One insight I can offer after experimenting with Salvia for a couple of days now.  Do Salvia perfectly still, preferably lying-down.  Don’t try to walk around while doing it.  Do it at home where you feel 100% safe and comfortable.  I did it snuggled in my bed and it was best that way.  Don’t cover your eyes, but close them if you want to.  And ease into it, don’t just take a giant-rip off Salvia when you’re starting out.  Experiment with smaller hits to feel it out and see how it effects you.  Realize that if you do take a large hit the right way, you can have an unpredictable full-bore intense trip that lasts a couple of minutes.  I’ve had two like that.  One was an ego-death experience, which I’ve already talked about.  And the other significant trip took me to a different world where everything was rolled up in iron (the metal) — I’ll explain that one later.  It was really amazing — like being inside of a dream.  It was a metal-verse.  And there were beings in it rolled up in iron and placed alongside each other lying-down face-up.  Mostly I’ve been micro-dosing with the 120x because those deep-trips are scary.  The reason why it’s scary is because you don’t realize you’re tripping when you’re in one, you think it’s real!  That’s why Salvia is so freaky.  It’s not like other psychedelics where you know you’re tripping when you’re tripping.  That’s why my Ego-Death experience on Salvia was so profound — I believed I was really dying!  And I had to surrender to that process.  But I’ll probably do at least one giant-rip before I run out.  I’d hate to waste this Salvia, although I’m not really wasting it.  You know what I mean.  I’d like to have at least one more profound-trip.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

29 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

One insight I can offer after experimenting with Salvia for a couple of days now.  Do Salvia perfectly still, preferably lying down.  Don’t try to walk around while doing it.  Do it at home where you feel 100% safe and comfortable.  I did it snuggled in my bed and it was best that way.  Don’t cover your eyes, but close them if you want to.  And ease into it, don’t just take a giant rip off Salvia when you’re starting out.  Experiment with smaller hits to feel it out and see how it effects you.  Realize that if you do take a large hit the right way, you can have an unpredictable full-bore intense trip that lasts a couple of minutes.  I’ve had two like that.  One was an ego-death experience, which I’ve already talked about.  And the other significant trip took me to a different world where everything was rolled up in iron (the metal) — I’ll explain that one later.  It was really amazing — like being inside of a dream.  It was a metal-verse.  And there were beings in it rolled up in iron and placed alongside each other lying down face-up.  Mostly I’ve been micro-dosing with the 120x because those deep trips are scary.  The reason why it’s scary is because you don’t realize you’re tripping when you’re in one, you think it’s real.  That’s why Salvia is so freaky.  It’s not like other psychedelics where you know you’re tripping when you’re tripping.  That’s why my Ego-Death experience on Salvia was so profound — I believed I was really dying!  And I had to surrender to that process.  But I’ll probably do at least one giant rip before I run out.  I’d hate to waste this Salvia, although I’m not really wasting it.  You know what I mean.  I’d like to have at least one more profound trip.

Nice, yeah with DMT as well it feels realer than real but there is a much more higher-consciousness/awareness present where you "know" and "understand" things beyond comprehension your current comprehension when you come back and try to grasp it all with your physical mind :D

DMT starts off trippy but then becomes the purest and most authentic experience one could have. I guess if you want to skip the psychedelica go for 5-Meo.

B R E A T H E

SALVIA TRIP REPORT #1 -- BREAK-THRU DOSE

I just did that massive hit of Salvia that I've been threatening you with folks.  I just picked myself up off the floor too.  Wow!  I went through the entire spectrum from trial to conviction to execution to survival!  I was hunted down and killed!  Ok, this is now officially my second Ego-Death experience.  

Let me try to describe this trip as accurately as I can:  (Please bear with me):

I was sitting on my desk.  I took a giant hit of Salvia 120x, held it in, blew it out, and then took a smaller second hit and held it in, blew it out.  You gotta use a torch lighter and hold the flame over the Salvia during the duration of the hit.  The Salvinorin A needs a high temperature to vaporize.

Recall -- I told you before that when you are on Salvia hard, you don't know that you're tripping.  That's what makes Salvia so scary.  This was a break-thru dose not a micro-dose.  Keep that in mind.

I had my music turned off, so you could hear a pin drop.  I didn't want any sound to influence the trip.

Duration of trip: Approx. 3 minutes. 

Substance Taken: Salvia Divinorum -- Purple Sticky Salvia, 120x

Amount taken: 1 giant rip followed up by by a smaller rip.  Both held in.  This was a break-thru dose.

Ok.  So I blew out the smoke.  I knew I had a couple of seconds to put the pipe and Salvia away, so I did.  Then I resumed my position with my back up against the wall and I waited for the trip to come on.

NARRATIVE (Pardon my stream-of-consciousness style of presentation):

The Universe started to cave in on me and come in on me -- take me over.  And so it pushed me to the ground.  I could hear the voices asking me like -- they were telling me.  Because I didn't know I was tripping.  I didn't know I was tripping, but I was in the trip -- if that makes sense.  And I had the feeling that the voices were closing in on me and exposing me as a bad person.  And they kept asking me like -- What are you doing?  What are you doing?  And I kept saying I'm finishing up my project and I'm gonna write on 3 additional topics to finish my project.  And then the energy just came in and ripped all of that away from me and exposed all of that as Ego.  All of this as grandstanding Ego.  I felt like such a fool.  At this point I went through psychological death -- or Ego-Death.  The energy dissolved me into a million parts -- like I went through an infinitely fine-mesh meat-grinder.  So, at this point I'm just BE-ing and I'm observing my surroundings with my eyes closed if that makes sense.  And I'm trying to decide whether I'm still in the trip or not, and now I can tell that I'm starting to come out of it.  So now, I'm just on the ground, face-down on the ground, like I'm plastered on the ground.  And I'm pulling myself off the floor slowly like you would pull a piece of flattened gum off the ground.  And I slowly come back to, and I sort of gather up the Body back to me, and then I start to piece together what just happened.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

On 12/11/2017 at 9:48 PM, Leo Gura said:

Man... you just keep playing with fire, don't you?

;)

I don't do anything half-assed.  When I set my mind to do something, I get at the guts of it.  That's one of my personality characteristics.  I don't dabble.  I don't hack.  I kill it, skin it, and then make a hat out of it.  I take the deep-dive.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

SALVIA TRIP REPORT #2 -- BREAK-THRU DOSE

Ok.  I smoked again.  Break-thru dose again.  Ego-Death #3.  This time I just did it standing up.  I got the sense that I was already dead and I'd better turn off the computer.  It became clear to me that everything I am doing on the computer is a weird kind of simulated life.  Watching these videos, interacting on here, I am in the matrix.  When I shut the lid on my laptop, that felt as desolate as staring into the abyss.  It's almost like my life is a part of this computer simulated world and that contrasts with the excursions that I do when I walk around and go out to Nature.   The screen really started to leer at me.   Videos are powerful things.  We watch a lot of them, but they also form a part of the identity or Ego that we are clinging to as we perpetuate our existence in the Now.  My Internet identity, participation, and experiences are part of the Ego.  That's an insight.

Time for a musical interlude.  Time to relax the Mind a little bit.  Enjoy this amazing album!  You gotta turn it up loud.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_Up_(album)

Edited by Joseph Maynor

JUST FOR COMPLETENESS, THIS WAS MY FIRST EGO-DEATH EXPERIENCE ON SALVIA

The substance was Salvia.  I want to include it in this thread to make it a comprehensive thread on Salvia.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

YOU GUYS GOTTA SHOW THE ENTIRE TRIP IF YOU'RE GONNA POST THIS

Do not just post a part of it!  Stop being selective in what you are presenting.  Especially if you haven't done Salvia, you don't know what you're talking about.  Let's be more high-consciousness about things.

Here's the whole thing: Watch it from the very beginning!

"We both felt like there were others holding us down and basically telling us our existence was being erased and our world was crumbling around us and we just wanted to get away, the camera died before we actually fully came to our senses, neither one of us remember any of our behavior that was recorded..by the way, that's a 2nd story window."

Now. let's relax the Mind with some music.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

SALVIA TRIP REPORT #3 -- DEFINITELY MY LEAST SCARY SALVIA TRIP SO FAR

PRELIMINARIES

Took two giant hits of Salvia 120x and held them both in.  (I made sure to turn my computer completely off and close the clam-shell display lid this time beforehand.)  I did it in the center of the room standing up the entire trip.

DESCRIPTION (3-5 mins)

I could feel the Universe kind of start to come for me, but it didn't come for me like it was trying to kill me.  I didn't have the sense that I was being hunted down and killed for anything.  I got the sense I was being taken on a little trip -- like a telescopic-expansion trip.  And there were no voices this time.  I became an expanding object and I left my body and all that.  It's almost like I shot off like a rocket with discrete sections that kind of looked like pulled-out infinite telescope (looked at from being inside the expanding telescope though).  The appearance was that I was going up -- vertically up.  And it's like one of those extending telescopes, where the content of Being was almost just expanding section-by-section kind of like a Hyperspace concept.  If you read my first trip report, I talk about a concept of Hyperspace there.  But it was different because it wasn't a container or tube effect.  It appeared to be almost like backs of couches all lines up together and then projecting upward, and there was the illusion of moving forward, due to the extending "thing".  Let's call it a thing rather than space because I didn't feel like I was going through anything, I felt like I was aware of being something that was extending, if that makes sense.  Then I started to become aware again that I was standing up in my room, but like flashes of this among the still ascending infinite telescopic thing.  The Body was gathered back into my awareness shortly thereafter.  And then, I went through a very long process of coming down, which is kind of unusual.  I had some nice visuals and cognitive effects during this extended come-down period.  Definitely my most pleasant trip on Salvia, but still kinda scary too.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

2 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:

I did it in the center of the room standing up the entire trip.

Curious as to why you did it standing up?