egoless

Ways to develop strategic thinking

35 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, cirkussmile said:

You don't need strategic thinking. Who is the thinker? It's all mind and you are not that. Stop pretending :)

Lol bs! you don't know what you are talking about. Your mind is not separate from you. You just don't identify with it. It is used for a purpose you are assigning to it.

Edited by egoless

21 minutes ago, Progress said:

Try Europa Universallis 4. You'll know the meaning of strategy!

Nah civilization is my favorite when it comes to games.

9 hours ago, Progress said:

@egoless Perhaps, but it is not nearly as complex or intricate

Yeah I’ll try it seems very interesting.

On 12/13/2017 at 5:19 AM, egoless said:

Lol bs! you don't know what you are talking about. Your mind is not separate from you. You just don't identify with it. It is used for a purpose you are assigning to it.

What purpose? And will it change anything?

I’d say strategy requires some Systems Thinking skills — the study of things that have elements, are interconnected, have a purpose, are self sustaining and evolving. Finding a book on this would do you wonders. You can’t strategize on something you can’t deeply understand, and Systems Thinking supports that.

Another thing about strategizing is not just planning things into the future, but understanding how the past has evolved over time in the long term. Whether how fast or slow progress is, whether how issues tend to focus on certain areas or obstacles recurring over and over again — it’s important to see that.

A skill in making decisions I’d recommend is knowing cognitive biases — prejudices in the information we pay attention that can affect every decision we make. There are books on them, but you’ll find many resources on this online. Another is being aware of paradigms — ways of seeing the world on a large scale — like a religious or political belief that affect our decisions as well. Leo has a video on this.

Another skill in strategizing is being able to create ideas on what to do well. Googling creative thinking techniques is useful to me, as well as Edward de Bono and Michael Michalko well.

“The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.” 
― Socrates

4 hours ago, cirkussmile said:

What purpose? And will it change anything?

You are mistaking all of it with nihilism. Yes there is a purpose in your life and you create it. You still live in this dimension as finite being. 

1 hour ago, egoless said:

You are mistaking all of it with nihilism. Yes there is a purpose in your life and you create it. You still live in this dimension as finite being. 

Why concentrate on that before you know who you are?

I know what you mean but there's people who go the other way around and waste years. What the individual life purpose is will become clear after self realization

On 12/12/2017 at 3:17 AM, Leo Gura said:

@egoless There's good and bad news.

The only enemy is yourself ;)

Há há há há há há LOL

The most experience I ever got about systems thinking, politics, sociology and governance was actually building a fully functioning city in minecraft. You wil reap the most with this one. Just keep being passionate and creative, even add an economic system at one point :)

Just know what you want, be aware, start taking action -- and the strategy should take care of itself.

Don't let the Mind make finding the right strategy beforehand a limiting-belief on taking action.

Thinking in terms of strategy can become a block when the Mind uses it as an excuse to stall taking action until the "right strategy" can be found -- which never happens!  Thus you are blocked from taking action.

So, just be clear about what you want, be mindful, take action -- and the how-to will become clear in the moment.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Watch Leo's video in the Dreamkillers Series titled "#4 Setting Small Goals".  Log into his website and you should have this in your folder.  I can't link it here unfortunately.  But it is highly on point with your question.  The Mind is subjecting you to a limiting-belief.  It's a trap.  Leo describes it well in the video.

@egoless this came to mind: when you read a post, do you read  the comments before you decide to reply? if so try not doing so and respond based on your opinion. then go read the comments. It's like a form of speaking your truth and thinking out loud and will also force you to think deeply through your positions.