John Iverson

I want to read books, as Leo Said in his latest video.. i feel like i need to read books

12 posts in this topic

Give me a great books to read, and message me if you want ,privately give me a copy.. here are my interests

1. Metaphysics and Epistemology 

2. Psychedelics 

3. Art and Creativity

4.  Paranormal

5. Physiology

6. Philosophy 

7. Brain, or Brain training

8. Spiritual Poetry

9. Science and Life

And if there are more great topic aside to what i have said please suggest or give the copy to me i will read it if i feel to read it...

Deep work, so good they can't ignore you by cal newport the road less traveled by scott m peck

Not a book but Vsuaces mindfield series he did an episode on Psychedelics in season 2

Do you have the book list?  Its too good.  Too good. Too good.

I cant put it into words.

Have you ever had a smart cool friend that gave you a good book?

Well imagine having the smartest friend ever giving you 100 amazing books.

Heh... thats kinda how it feels like.

6 hours ago, snowleopard said:

@John Iverson  I could mail you a few boxes of such books that I won't read again, but it would cost hundreds of dollars. Lately, I've been reading Bernardo Kastrup's books, who covers many of the subjects you mentioned. Here's his website, which has a link to his available books ... http://www.bernardokastrup.com/p/about.htmln

iverson.nhoj@gmail.com here's my email :D

What @Nexeternity said. Leo has more than rich list that covers I think all of the topics you mentioned. I'm sure you wouldn't be disappointed. Also a good way to give back for all of the work he gives for free :) 

@John Iverson Sure, when I've got a year or two to spare, I'll just scan 10,000 pages of hardcopy and email them to you as a pdf. ;)

I've read hundreds of such books, and I don't think I've ever asked anyone for a book recommendation. And I don't usually recommend books, because it's very subjective what resonates with any individual. Maybe check out Leo's list. Anyway, these days there's so much available online, that if you can't find something meaningful to read, then you aren't trying very hard. Google 'spiritual book lists', then check out interviews and videos of the authors, and if you like what they have to say, then you might also like their books.

Start with the truth contest winner! It is free online. It only becomes more relatable.

Civilization and Its Discontents by Sigmund Freud is the most profound book I've read this year out of the 103 I've read.

@Source_Mystic   The Essentials of Zen Buddhism is a classic ... I have a beat-up old paperback copy of that too, and here one finds it, thanks to the wonder of cyberspace, freely available online. I also have a copy of The Way of Zen by Allan Watts from 1960, another such brilliant classic, and that too is available online as a pristine pdf version ... If you haven't already read it  take a look here.  Youngins don't know how fortuitous it is to have these resources freely available these days !

@Source_Mystic  I concur about the used bookstores, wherein I spent a lot of time in quiet contemplation. I don't recall now, but I probably picked up both of those paperbacks in such a store. As wonderful as the internet is as a source of such information, I still do miss that musty old smell of well-worn, dog-eared books, handled by countless hands, while wandering those labyrinthine aisles as a bibliophile :)