Max_V

Which supplements with Vegetarianism/Veganism diet?

17 posts in this topic

I want to give the vegetarian diet a shot. I'm already far with cutting all toxic stuff out of my diet. The only thing that is still in there is whole grain bread. Which I eat about 4 to 6 slices of a day. 

If not eating meat can make my body even healthier why not see how it will effect my system.

So my question for you guys is, what supplements or foods should I implement in my diet when meat is completely cut for at least 1 month?

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus

One of the best videos out there. No bullshit, based on actual research. 

Edited by Michael569

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

Vitamin B12 is all I take on a vegan diet. You could take some Vitamin D too if your not getting much sunshine. Be careful taking too many supplements as most of them can be found in food, which gets absorbed to the blood much easier. 

Also, any bread product is really bad for blood sugar levels and insulin. You can end up with diabetes if you eat too much bread (people think it comes from eating too much sugar)

At the end of the day just watch ‘What the health’ on Netflix and hopefully you should be all clear on diet, it helped me massively.

@RawJudah Thanks for your comment. I have lowered my wheat intake by a ton. 

In the future I will probably cut it out completely but right now I will keep some bread in my diet.

@Michael569 Will check it out, thank you 

In the depths of winter,

- Albert Camus

This was a really good video sums it up for most people that are new to it. At 2:30 mark he explains what you mainly need.

B R E A T H E

@Shiva That's awesome man! I've always had a deep connection with animals. Doesn't matter if it's a cow or my beloved pet hamster ;)

I've become quite aware of the fact that I've just been unconsciously eating whatever comes on my plate without realising the horror some of these animals went through. It doesn't matter if nature intended for us to eat meat or not, when you see how chickens and pigs are being used as some collection of objects that give meat it just turns my stomach.

The first reason for me trying vegetarianism is to experiment with finding a diet that is in line with consciousness work. But definitely this animal suffering is giving me another push in the back to actually stop eating meat all together.

In the depths of winter,

- Albert Camus

@Max_V I find it quite funny that we came to the conclusion of tackling our diet in the same week. 

However my biggest concern here is my health and energy, not the animals. A point that makes me sceptic about veganism is the fact that you seem forced to supplement at least B12, which gives me the idea that it is no "Ideal", right?

Also, Leo's video in supplements was the only video i strongly disagreed with from the beginning. How can taking a hundret different pills a day be considered good?

Research on which diet you should prefer is so scattered, I am thinking about just trialing a few different ones. 

@Shroomdoctor Just drink almond milk haha, it has a good amount of b12 in it. 

I will check out later if the intake from that is enough but it's a start.

Also eating a lot of different nuts is good.

In the depths of winter,

- Albert Camus

Just a couple new questions I have with creating this healthy diet for myself. @Shiva and maybe @Leo Gura, do you have some advice on these questions? 

• Is 70% cacao chocolate healthy or should I keep away from any chocolate? 
  • What vegetables should I have in meal that are crucial for easing the hunger feeling and have the most good stuff in them?
  • What are some good healthy snacks I could eat imbetween meals other than fruit? (I’ve been mainly eating apples and bananas) 

In the depths of winter,

- Albert Camus

@Max_V Best thing that ever happened to a vegan diet, imo...(i don’t like eating vegetables)

A8B83563-70BF-43DE-9091-D33C81571855.jpeg

mix with ice, banana, peanut butter & chocolate almond milk in a blender - yummy shake!

1E1D4A90-EC4B-484D-9DC7-BAE3388350FB.png

“Basically, it has the nutrition of seven products in one container! Raw Organic Mealdelivers 20 grams of clean protein per scoop from 13 raw sprouted ingredients, along with greens, healthy fat, 5g fiber, probiotics, enzymes, plus 21 vitamins and minerals.”

https://www.gardenoflife.com/content/product/why-choose-raw-organic-meal/

C3CCAFCD-D5B8-41BA-BBD1-F1AAF8482E97.png

and of course whip cream cause...whip cream.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm Thanks, much love. I will take a look at your receipe it looks interesting 

In the depths of winter,

- Albert Camus

4 hours ago, Max_V said:

Just a couple new questions I have with creating this healthy diet for myself. @Shiva and maybe @Leo Gura, do you have some advice on these questions? 

• Is 70% cacao chocolate healthy or should I keep away from any chocolate? 
  • What vegetables should I have in meal that are crucial for easing the hunger feeling and have the most good stuff in them?
  • What are some good healthy snacks I could eat imbetween meals other than fruit? (I’ve been mainly eating apples and bananas) 

If you do not mind me helping :P its okay as a snack once in a while but i would avoid most processed chocolate unless i make it myself or know the source(Certified Organic/NON-GMO) are ones i like to follow or that does not use refined sugar, artificial additives, colors, sweeteners/preservatives ect...

Cruciferous vegetables and Avocados are highly regarded as the healthiest vegetables to have with meals.

Other than fruit, Raw nuts & seeds or dried fruit/berries are great snacks, (Sprouted/Activated) nuts/seeds are even healthier and better absorbed. Some others i like are Kale chips, Carrot or sweet potatoes chips dipped in Hummus, Cashew cream cheese, Capsicum relish or avocado mash or sometimes even organic peanut butter. Air popped organic popcorn doesn't hurt every now and then ect...

I try to avoid most processed foods but if i do sometimes enjoy corn chips, bean chips, black rice crackers i just make sure they are either organic or do not contain more than 4-5 ingredients.

Raw Cacao is amazing! I have it few times a week with my smoothies 1-2 teaspoons but I make these every now and then, very rich and very healthy!

Hope this helps :)

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

@pluto Thanks, that helps out a lot!

In the depths of winter,

- Albert Camus

@Max_V if you are unsure on how to thrive on vegan/vegetarian diet I'd suggest read Dr Michael Gregger's book "How Not to Die."  This is purely based on collection of scientific research, no bullshit. Very easy to read and packed with potentially life saving information for some people. 

Give it a go 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus