Evilwave Heddy

Online Games/mmorpgs

77 posts in this topic

@Argue Use this anger to give a "fuck you" to this industry. You are bigger then this. 

@Journey That's awesome, good job. I did the same thing recently, threw away half of my stuff. Feels empowering. I hadn't cleaned up my hard drive though, a good point there... 

Good luck to both of you. You seem like intelligent people, so I know you'll find a away to outgrow this.

P.S. Argue, you can use the journal section of the forum for accountability purposes. :) 

:ph34r:

Just now, Journey said:

@Argue You're welcome. You are free to send me a message here daily or weekly to let me know your progress - barriers, successes, and all.

Thank you Journey. I'd definitely make a challenge for myself and PM you 1 or 2 sentences letting you, "hey, haven't played today." Again thank you, I feel better already and hopeful. 

1 minute ago, Cabot said:

@Argue Use this anger to give a "fuck you" to this industry. You are bigger then this. 

@Journey That's awesome, good job. I did the same thing recently, threw away half of my stuff. Feels empowering. I hadn't cleaned up my hard drive though, a good point there... 

Good luck to both of you. You seem like intelligent people, so I know you'll find a away to outgrow this.

P.S. Argue, you can use the journal section of the forum for accountability purposes. :) 

Ah yes! The journal section! Excellent suggestion! Thanks Cabot! 

(Sorry for double posting)

I think when I last checked I had over 300 days played, just on WoW alone.  Not counting a few years playing league (at least 2000 games played).  So in total, probably... 8500-9000 hours or, over 4 years working a full time job :)

"It's better to light a candle than curse the darkness"

Presence.  Acceptance.  Purpose.

On 3/9/2016 at 8:06 AM, Argue said:

youre so right! I think about how much time is passing by etc but yet there I go playing my life away. It's making me anti social, angrier, and breaking out. I used to sleep early... Not anymore... I sleep at 3 AM every day... And wake up late. The game is my obligation. Nothing else. It's so frustrating that I don't have the power  to let go. Today the fingers on my left hand were hurting so much and I couldn't control my nerves. I need to end it. Thanks for the encouragement guys!! 

I feel you on this one.  Thankfully I broke free of it. :')  Best of luck. (:

@Phocus You got Aeonaxx and Tlpd mount tho? 

Edit: Or Poseidus?

Edited by The Son

On 3/11/2016 at 8:19 AM, The Son said:

@Phocus You got Aeonaxx and Tlpd mount tho? 

Edit: Or Poseidus?

No, I did get Rank 11 title and mounts in early vanilla before they nurfed the honor system and nurfed the mounts (let every faction use the PVP mounts) though.

Before quitting permanently I had ground out the gold for a spectral tiger.  I mostly just played for the PVP.  Very intrinsically motivating for me.  I didn't even really care about getting elite titles.  Just 2200 for weps/gear and owning people 1 v X :)

"It's better to light a candle than curse the darkness"

Presence.  Acceptance.  Purpose.

@Phocus Haha yeah, I started out as a PVP junkie too and played only for PVP, but soon I switched to collecting mounts and then collecting everything (pets, achievemnts, gold...(I even scored two girlfriends through wow :D)) Too bad I started playing in 4.3, so a lot of the earlier classic rewards were locked from me forever. PVP still was my main focus there and to this day I miss playing Arena and Battlegrounds. It was a PVP system unique to any other game. I have almost 250 mounts but the spectral tiger I never had. I always thought it was too expensive for one single mount. For that amount of gold/cash I could buy 4 or more other mounts lol. I am still in rehab, every day I feel the urge to go back just to see how it's going on there. Maybe get another mount that I don't have yet... For me to get off this shit seems to take forever.

9 hours ago, The Son said:

I even scored two girlfriends through wow :D

That would stand on my morning gratitude list. I mean like, we are all one, so I should enjoy that success also.

Life is when awareness hides in the idea of personal experience. ~ Matt Kahn

@A way to Actualize Feel free :D from what I have read on the forums earlier it's not that uncommon to find a girl in WoW. Quite a lot of people write stories how they find their mate there. Some even are married now.

Just now, The Son said:

@A way to Actualize Feel free :D from what I have read on the forums earlier it's not that uncommon to find a girl in WoW. Quite a lot of people write stories how they find their mate there. Some even are married now.

More of joke, I struggled with quitting game addiction too half a year ago (bfme2, when there are just 1000 players, you become pro very easily). The trick was to delete accounts, uninstall everything, delete all files and throw away the CDs. You will regret it for sure, but that will be beneficial to you in the end.

Or if you game, try intentions. Matt Kahn had a video on it.

Life is when awareness hides in the idea of personal experience. ~ Matt Kahn

Playing is a very good thing its how humans learn. But if what you are being led to play doesnt help you then play something else. What are 5 good options for you to play in your life where you could be learning important things instead of becoming a piece of furniture? Examples may be soccer, chess, with kids in general, paint ball, canoeing, sword fighting? Who knows something social, active and not screen related could help fill the need for fun. 

@Evilwave Heddy These things are designed to exploit your emotional instincts.. It could actually be a great opportunity once you have become adept at being aware to go back there from time to time and become aware of the tricks that they use to lure you into getting those hits of excitement and experience..

allot of what you wanted from that life are already available in life, It was just fed to you in a way in which you became dependant..

tHINGS LIKE TO BE NEEDED, WANTED, VALUED, ACHIEVING, GETTING REWARDS, STIMULATION RECOGNITION..

If you wanna get lost in the world of gaming go for it.. Just do it with a sense of honesty to yourself and keep listening to your inside self.. It will keep you inline.. Always work on how conscious you are..

One thing is for sure. sometimes those with bigger goals and more experience than you may want other things for you.. They will rather you do what they want,, rather than what you want to do for yourself.. Always keep that in the back of your mind..

Are you really doing what you want??Or are you being controlled by your ego ect..

@Argue what is it that you like about it? 

list them all down..

then go through each one and understand the feeling of each 

where else have you felt those feelings..

think about what you would like out of your life.. (do Leos course if you have not already)

Align to that and ask the hard questions.. give your most important and effective task the highest priority

If you find your bored of what you come up with your bullshitting yourself somehow.. the trick is to find out where

rinse cycle repeat..

On 09/03/2016 at 4:06 PM, Argue said:

youre so right! I think about how much time is passing by etc but yet there I go playing my life away. It's making me anti social, angrier, and breaking out. I used to sleep early... Not anymore... I sleep at 3 AM every day... And wake up late. The game is my obligation. Nothing else. It's so frustrating that I don't have the power  to let go. Today the fingers on my left hand were hurting so much and I couldn't control my nerves. I need to end it. Thanks for the encouragement guys!! 

Like Ekhart Tolle says, you will only change when you've had enough.. be conscious of the fact that a larger richer experience is out there,,, if you want..You might feel like your getting some constant short term gain now. But i cant tell you how good it feels to really get good at even menial task like practising to enjoy walking or practising to be aware of time or the spots of absolute silence in a noisy room.. its really about having a goal for what you want long term and then go for it..

Last comment on this thread was over 4 years ago.

Please be mindful about bumping old threads.