Martin123

WHy is wheat evil?

8 posts in this topic

Hey guys. Im at a nutrition lecture learning interesting stuff and the lecturer seems to be defending wheat. Im curious about sources for negative effects wheat.

@Leo Gura stated “wheat is evil” or something like that. Im really curious about it? (Btw I have switched to rye bread and its delisciois nomnomnomm).

Follow me on Instagram for quantum and energetic healing.

The two main books that it comes from are Wheatbelly and Grain Brain. In Wheat Belly, the author describes the genetic altering overtime of wheat to something the human body can't recognize use properly. Many of the author's patients had seemingly miraculous recoveries when they removed wheat and a long list of other grains from their diets. In Grain Brain, the author describes the link between wheat and other grains and brain inflammation causing issues such as depression, attention deficit disorder, Alzheimer's, anxiety, dementia etc.

There is a MASSIVE industry behind wheat remember. And if some of these things turn out to be true there will plenty of selective "research" saying "see wheat is fine, no problem here, carry on" especially around universities. 

The kingdom of heaven is within.

5 minutes ago, Colin said:

There is a MASSIVE industry behind wheat remember. And if some of these things turn out to be true there will plenty of selective "research" saying "see wheat is fine, no problem here, carry on" especially around universities

Oh thanks you put a finger on the feeling I had about this lecture.

14 hours ago, Martin123 said:

@Leo Gura stated “wheat is evil” or something like that. Im really curious about it? 

Why do people take everything he says so seriously. He was obviously kidding! 

“In the beginner’s mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert’s there are few” 
― Shunryu Suzuki

53 minutes ago, The White Belt said:

Why do people take everything he says so seriously. He was obviously kidding! 

No he was not.

40 minutes ago, Shiva said:

Most of the wheat we eat in the west is made from white flour which is crap. It lacks most of the nutrients and fiber. But whole grain is awesome! Try some traditional German bread (nowadays hard to find even in Germany). We sometimes make it ourselves. It's great and very nutritious!

I have but one question.

How do you make THIS out of white flower?! Thats amazing. Is it like art or something?

DB0027FD-1AE9-4A3C-89CA-46635BF92283.jpeg

@Shiva Ye it's very hard to get wheat out of my diet since it's like the only thing I eat that has somewhat more calories in them. 

So instead of cutting it completely out of my diet (for now) I only eat whole grain bread from the bakery down my street. This bread feels pretty fresh. When you compare it to say, pre cut bread from the super market, it tastes amazing and it doesn't feel like you are eating junk food.

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus

2 minutes ago, Shiva said:

I meant wheat products, not that wheat is made from flour. Obviously, flour is made from wheat, not the other way around.

Great now were getting somewhere.

Just wanted to clear that up ?

So is there a specific reason why white flour might be bad asside from being less nutritiously rich?

@Martin123 It’s hard to digest for the body since bread is calorie dense ,so your body requires more energy to process it. Which makes you feel groggy. 

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus