Max_V

Which yoga style?

8 posts in this topic

I've been doing quite good lately. Putting a lot of hours into spiritual practice and reading, and creating a solid foundation. It really feels like there is progression. Although a lot of the fear and anxiety that has vanished out of my mind still persists in my body. This can produce heart palpilations and a strong pressure on my throat.

I was thinking of starting yoga to include my body in the spiritual journey. If I'd want to make my body more aligned with higher quality of consciousness and have overall more vitality and fix this residue of fear that is still in my body, which type of yoga is good for this?

Edited by Max_V

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus

3 minutes ago, Max_V said:

I've been doing quite good lately. Putting a lot of hours into spiritual practice and reading, and creating a solid foundation. It really feels like there is progression. Although a lot of the fear and anxiety that has vanished out of my mind still persists in my body. This can produce heart palpilations and a strong pressure on my throat.

I was thinking of starting yoga to include my body in the spiritual journey. If I'd want to make my body more aligned with higher quality of consciousness and have overall more vitality and fix this residue of fear that is still in my body, which type of yoga is this good for?

Any type of yoga will give you extraordinary body benefits. Except Hatha Yoga. 

For some inspiration:

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

Lol, funny, I am since recently almost exactly the same, fear/anxiety in body and negative thoughts arise, though it's all just is there and there's no attachment to it. 

I think it's not yoga that gets rid of the body feelings, but wisdom. Emotions arise out of beliefs, and beliefs are changed doing shadow work, understanding the root of the beliefs, increasing clarity, and changing them. A lot of these beliefs dissipate with spiritual work also, enlightenment, because higher wisdom is obtained.

take this with a grain of salt, just using logic here.

@Max_V I'm not an expert on this but for start you can check out edx's yoga course.

Yoga was totally a vague thing to me and the course starts with the most basic stuff it was helpful for me.

Edited by sarapr

@Ilya I mean the fear and negative emotions that get 'stuck' in the body after a while. When you have been fearful all your life and you suddenly start to change how your brain functions, it can take time for your body to catch up. That's where yoga comes in and allows the body to transcend all this stuff.

@sarapr Thank you, will check it out. I do feel like you need an actual yoga teacher to help you do most stuff in such a way it is most effective. Such as kundalini yoga for example, I've heard you can really fuck up your body if you do some things in a wrong way.

Do you have sessions you go to every week or a teacher that helps you? 

Edited by Max_V

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus

@Max_V are you sure theres such a thing as a 'stuck' emotion? if so, why exactly? where did you learn this? im interested.

are you saying that without any mental trigger you have sudden strokes of body emotion?

From experience, even just doing 5 mins of sadhguru’s yoga is like a mini body orgasm 50% of the times.

Just type in on youtube “sadhguru yoga for” and he has a lot of “Yoga for” videos. Yoga for peace, Yoga for Joy, Yoga for health, etc. My personal favorite right now is “yoga for peace: naddhi shuddhi”

@Max_V I'm too lazy for that and I'm still very dependent on my parents so right now it's not really about what I want I gatta wait till I'm older.

The course though starts with simple moves but for more advanced ones you can fuck up your body.