stevegan928

We Are Students Of Leo & Should Be Grateful

16 posts in this topic

I feel like in the future, maybe after Leo releases his book, he'll go down as one of the most important minds of our time, if he doesn't than he should. People criticize him for unintentionally taking on a "guru" role. He takes on this role even as someone who self-admittedly isn't enlightened. But regardless of that i'd say there's plenty of philosophers and intellectuals out there who are less wise and have influenced more people, and these people were influenced positively as well. So although Leo would probably have a different approach if he was enlightened, at least he has the wisdom to know that enlightenment is the most worthwhile thing to peruse, this knowledge alone can be enough to change someones life, the fact that he's got people in different age groups all over the world genuinely interested in non-duality puts him on a higher level than people like say Nietzsche. Nietzsche influenced many people but it'd take a very strong intuition to get an enlightenment experience out of reading his works. Leo's conceptual knowledge of non-duality and personal development gets people motivated to make real positive change in their, while at the same time gives them the tools to create a more solid metaphysical framework which is what most philosophers seem to lack. 

The point of this post is to remind you all how lucky we are to have this, my grand kids can say "my grandpa was a direct disciple of Leo Gura, he visited the Actualized Forum and everything" I know it seems like I'm buttering the guy up but really I'm just taking a moment to express gratitude in for something that I see a lot of value in. 

My interpretation of Leo's work is as follows: It's all meaningless, this includes the concept of meaninglessness, so construct meaning as you see fit. 

Leo teached us very useful and important concepts, techniques and insights. I think that seldom someone used the modern media in such effective a way for a special type of people (i can't stereotype 'us' in the forum, but my guess is, that 'we' as group may have more in common as leo as teacher). Leo is getting better and better because he trains the delivery! This is rather unique in this sector. If he goes on like this in the future, he may will achieve his live purpose to help a lot of people find their life purpose and ultimative change the world to the better.

The bottom line is:

If we win the game, he wins the game.

Did he ever said what his book will be about?

Oh boy I remember watching my first actualized.org video back in fall 2014 as a fix for some stupid, petty problem I had with myself.

I don't even want to imagine what person I would have become, if i hadn't clicked on that 1 hour video of my favourite bald guy.

@supremeyingyang

2 hours ago, supremeyingyang said:

Did he ever said what his book will be about?

When he did his commonplace book video I believe there was a tab called "Epistemology Book" 

@DnoReally

I really wish I could remember how I found out about Leo. I was either interested in meditation, enlightenment, or making girls squirt. I honestly can't remember. 

“Don’t spend too much time patting yourself on the back.  What are you gonna do tomorrow?  That’s always the question.  The faster you run, the faster you have to run.  That’s business.” — H. Ross Perot

I’m grateful for Leo — but concerned about how this keeps moving forward too.  I want the future to be as bright as the past.  I think there needs to be some changes made to the format though.  Some growth and development in the business.  Some excursions beyond just making more videos.  Just my honest two-cents.  As a practical piece of advice, I’d like to see more courses and stuff for people to buy.  Get people invested by having them put some skin in the game.  I think courses allow for a deeper kind of work to be done in Personal Development.

The black and grey background of the videos has become stale in my opinion.  Can that be switched up? Also the intro music jingle to the videos could be switched up too.  Those are little things that can be done.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Leo is in the same boat as the rest of mankind, No better no worse

I have only watched one vid he has posted and he seems to be leading people in a favorable direction. But you have to go beyong what he is showing you. 

I personally have taken his advice and went deeper into my investigation in various ways or methods and found that there is no path or method in this self learning and self knowledge. We have to go beyond any authority and be our own teachers. 

One thing I do appreciate is this site that Leo has put together. It’s just what society needs.

6 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:

“Don’t spend too much time patting yourself on the back.  What are you gonna do tomorrow?  That’s always the question.  The faster you run, the faster you have to run.  That’s business.” — H. Ross Perot

Thank you anyway. That is a very deep quote because it is so damn acurate!

You think he has to do new styles of online teaching?

We're students of the school of life...so is Leo

All that Leo is doing is just a good student that teaches his lazy fellow members.

On 12/8/2017 at 8:34 AM, Faceless said:

One thing I do appreciate is this site that Leo has put together. It’s just what society needs.

I agree, I feel like I've gotten more out of this forum than all his videos. It's so useful to be able to talk with others on a similar path. 

It’s also nice to be able to communicate with those who are interested in more than the daily grind. To share about this common trait of thought. From those who are on a path and those who seek the pathless. 

I think he should sell t shirts... solid black of course,    On the front: There is no YOU!!!!    On the back: But Leo!!!!

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

I am going to be honest, i have probably only watched 10-15 of his full videos not because i claim to know it all but because it is usually all i need from any teacher or spiritual master i follow to clear my path of highest excitement and have agreed with them almost completely it actually helps me with my own teachings of what i already gained mostly from inner-work because the way he explains things far exceeds my capacity in English and Philosophy so i pick wisely which is most drawn to me and i alternate between others as there is far too much wise masters out there to subscribe too and watch them all so i usually have phases where i do marathons then move on once i have gained enough and come back every now and then to re-clarify what i already knew but could never really express myself which is why now i use the forums and prefer reading what he and others-alike write. I feel a deeper connection in words and higher level of imagination can be applied to create greater levels of creativity and effectiveness.  I appreciate what Leo does, he is highly intelligent and uses words and explains things in ways i wish i could myself and for that i am highly grateful.

I still think Leo is an Extra Terrestrial. His physical attributes say it all for me ^^ let alone his intellectual abilities although sometimes it does get the best of him as it does for many like us but i don't blame him, its the 99% that are behind and dumbed down not the wise and crazy ones that value Absolute Truth over a Beautiful fantasy.

I'd definitely get an "Absolute Infinity" shirt :D although i would actually prefer white over black because i am out in the sun a lot so i can't last 5 minutes in the Australian sun with a black shirt lol

The Truth is not always Beautiful, Nor beautiful words the Truth. - Lao Tzu

B R E A T H E

On 12/8/2017 at 3:00 AM, stevegan928 said:

I really wish I could remember how I found out about Leo. I was either interested in meditation, enlightenment, or making girls squirt. I honestly can't remember. 

LOL I love this guy

13 hours ago, Nahm said:

I think he should sell t shirts... solid black of course,    On the front: There is no YOU!!!!    On the back: But Leo!!!!

Such an excellent idea!

What about something really hilarious? I mean Leo loves humor. A video clip of him telling non-duality jokes selling at a low price (maybe $1) may work. It's not about the money. It's more about contribution and starting non-profits. (Rap song jokes, j/k :P)

1 hour ago, Key Elements said:

Such an excellent idea!

What about something really hilarious? I mean Leo loves humor. A video clip of him telling non-duality jokes selling at a low price (maybe $1) may work. It's not about the money. It's more about contribution and starting non-profits. (Rap song jokes, j/k :P)

HEEEEEEEEEEE
EEEEEEEEEEEE
YYYYYYYYYYYY

on the front

This 
Is 
Leo 

On the back

Also:

SO PROFOUND ...

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God