Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Shanmugam

A Conversations Between Kids - Just for you to laugh

12 posts in this topic

What would an enlightened person feel or think when he overhears two unenlightened people gossiping about enlightened people and their behavior?

The same way how an adult will feel when he overhears the following conversation happening between two very young kids:

Kid A: Do you know? Once you are grown up, you can get anything you want.. You can buy sweets and toys.. you can buy a house, clothes and anything else that you want.

Kid B: Yeah, And growns ups have a lot of freedom. Nobody would scold them. But I don’t know why some grown ups have nothing, there is a guy in my street who always wears old torn clothes.. My mom told me that he is poor..

Kid A: Poor? What does that mean?

Kid B: May be poor people are not interested to buy clothes. But the guy is so big, I mean tall. He is definitely a grown up. Nobody scolds him either.

Kid A: Yeah, he should be.. Anybody who is as tall as my mom or your mom is a grown up.

Kid B: No, there is actually a short guy that I know.. And he is married. Only grown ups get married. He is only as tall as my elder brother.

Kid A: Really? Then how can one tell who is grown up and who is not?

Kid B: They all have moustache and beard.

Kid A: no, my dad has none of it.

Kid B: He can grow if he wants to.. I think he shaves everyday… oh no! Wait a minute, my mom doesn’t have a moustache or beard either and I have never seen her shaving. But she is a grown up!

Kid A: well, then the only way to tell whether someone is grown up or not is to find out if they are still going to school or not. A grown up doesn’t have to go to school.

Kid B: There are always exceptions.. You would never know. Only a grown up can tell for sure if another person is grown up or not..As I said, there are always short guys who are grown ups.

Kid A: do you know how long it takes to grow up like your mom or dad, so that we don’t have to go to school anymore?

Kid B: it takes very long.. Probably ages!

Kid A: I can’t wait to be a grown up. Because, then I will be free to do anything and buy anything..

Kid B: but you need to go to work everyday.. I think it will be fun. I have never seen my dad doing any homework.

Kid A: Yeah, my mom and dad go to work too.. They don’t cry when they go to work but we sometimes cry when we go to school. I think they do a lot of fun stuff at work.

Kid B: do you know grown ups do a lot of crazy weird stuff? I overheard two people talking about this stuff while watching something crazy on TV.. It is called sex. It was totally weird to watch.

Kid A: really? I have never heard of that word.. What do they do exactly?

(Kid B whispers something into Kid A’s ears)

Kid A: Jesus Christ! This sounds totally crazy.. I would never want to do that once I am grown up.. Why the hell do they do that, do you know?

Kid B: only a grown up can understand this stuff.. But it seems like they like to do it.

Kid A: But why? I can’t see any logic behind this.. Why would someone want to do something weird and crazy like this.. What is the logic..

Kid B: I told you, you can’t understand it with logic. Only grown ups can understand why they like to do it.. But I know there is one reason why they do it. That is how babies are born. A guy told me this.

Kid A: what do you mean?

Kid B: You were born because your mom and dad did this...

Kid A: are you crazy? Dont trust that guy, he is a liar.. Babies are born because God puts the baby in a mom’s belly after she gets married. After the belly becomes big, doctor cuts the stomach and pulls the baby out. Thats what my mom told me.. My mom is a grown up, she knows a lot of stuff and she must be correct…

Kid B: I don’t want to be rude but I think your mom is lying to you..

Kid A: don’t act like an idiot.. Moms don’t lie.. There is no reason for them to lie.

Kid B: mom and dad always lie to you or tell you some stories when you ask about any stuff that we don’t understand.. It is not bad. If they tell you the real thing, you won’t understand. Sometimes it is not good to know the real thing. We will get confused or we will misunderstand.

Kid A: really?

Kid B: Yes.. grown ups don’t care about toys and sweets like we do.. Their life is different and they see things in a different perspective.. That is all I know. Once we grow up, we will understand.

Shanmugam 

Subscribe to my Youtube channel for videos regarding spiritual path, psychology, meditation, poetry and more: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwOJcU0o7xIy1L663hoxzZw?sub_confirmation=1 

One thing is for sure. Lying to kids is just stupid. Kids are the only ones who naturally knows how to handle truth :)

What is the fastest way to grow-up ?

If you tell me to eat spinach I'll hit you in the balls ...

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

No haha, @Toby  lately all I have heard young kids talk about is the apps on their iPads :P 

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus

4 hours ago, Toby said:

from my experience, kids don't talk like this.

You only know low-consciousness ones, you're clearly not enlightened enough to attract the ultra spiritual ones.

Gotta do more yoga boys.

@Shanmugam No it's not, he's just not happy and show it here for some reason.

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

Well, I worked for about 1.5 years with about 300 kids from age 3-10. I'm pretty sure to know how kids speak. The conversation above is too conceptual, lacking "sweetness", more immediacy to the present moment, more impulsiveness and more simple words / concepts.

@Toby No shit 

Sarcaste <3 the Sarcasm in Me acknowledges and honors the Sarcasm in You 

@Toby That's not really the point, though, is it?  The point is that these kids are drawing inaccurate conclusions about adulthood based on their own conceptual (mis-)understanding of it from their own perspectives, desires, and drives, rather than from a truthful position.  It's a parable, a metaphor, not a literal conversation between two kids.  The point @Shanmugam is making is that we may well be misunderstanding enlightenment just as much as those two kids are misunderstanding adulthood.  The accuracy of how the kids speak is beside the point

@Shanmugam I liked your story, it was sweet.

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus

@Shanmugam No the story was good very funny and interesting.

When I was a kid I didn't even think about how babies are born let alone have a conversation about it but all of a sudden I knew everything about it like I've always known it.