Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jacobsen

Pls explain to me the pineal gland

4 posts in this topic

Recently, after after some meditations i can feel a surge of energy in the middle of my forehead. this occurs at times during my meditation but also some times if i focus on the area or if i hear classical music.

i understand that its my pineal gland which is working up but im not a master.

From my experience with it it feel like its an inwards looking eye. We have two eyes to observe a world which is inherently dualistic. one eye to view a world that is inherently one. when i meditate with pineal gland activating music, it feels like there is a cosmos inside and I'll see visions. Most are of things that scare me. Once i saw a devil inside me. I feel a lot of fear when i meditate with the intent of activating the pineal gland. Once i got so scared it permeated every time i was alone. Recently i tried again but i allowed myself to feel that fear. Afterwards i felt a real sense of spaciousness inside and freedom. I feel more now like a being than a human being than before. 

It feels like this forehead tension has become some sort of friend now. its strange because sometimes the energy is mostly felt bottom right of the center of my forehead. other times on the left side. I like to visualize it as this glowing bead in the middle of my forehead. Blue feels like its it colour if it glows.

What meditation do you do?

Where are you at with your Non-duality journey?

Do you see random visions during the day?

Do you often remember what you dreamed?

The Pineal Gland is correlated with the 6th Chakra in Yoga that's all I know

Sarcaste <3 the Sarcasm in Me acknowledges and honors the Sarcasm in You 

@Zephyr

Every day i do a 5 minute morning meditation as soon as i wake up, 10 minute guided meditation and a 30 minute silent meditation. sometimes i meditate with focus on the pineal gland. than i meditate for 30 minutes as i usually do but in complete darkness and listening to "pineal gland activating" music. The moment the meditation ends i hold my breath as long as comfortable, followed by holding the breath for 15 seconds three times. At the end of that i chant the word "thouh" on exhalation six times. This creates an audible ringing noise inside my head, depending on the pitch. Again i hold my breath for 15 seconds three times and do the chanting again, except this time ill be saying "may". At the end of all of that ill put focus on my forehead area, which should be full of energy by now. I focus on this energy and imagine there being an eye there slowly opening. i do this for and unprecedented amount of time.

I'm not sure where i am at with my "non-duality" journey exactly but i do feel like i am slowly getting an inclination to it, i am suspecting that certain things i thought where true to be actually different (maybe because i never truly thought about the context of those believes). i feel like this life is more like a projection and limitations is the manifestation of something. That everything that goes by ultimately is small and frankly some sort of joke. Why exist?

I'm not sure if i see random visions during my day. None that i can exactly remember. But i do know it has happened in meditation.

it depends if i can remember my dreams on what i dream. I live on a campus as of now and dream rarily but when im home i can dream almost everyday for some reason. the last months ive been having nightmares. Not waking up in sweat type of nightmares but i can remember parts of these dreams well and i can sometimes remember the feeling of the dreams i have. i tend to write down all my dreams in my journal and try to decipher them by reading into the role of each aspect in the dream and how it acted in the context of the dream,

@Jacobsen I've read it might be responsible for releasing DMT in the brain that way it could also explain the mysteriousness of dreams as well because it's also the gland responsible for sleep cycles. 

The DMT part is not proven yet I guess but in general it is a mysterious gland.