Random User

Disbelieving thoughts

5 posts in this topic

My head is filled with shit that I don't need. How do I ignore it when it's constantly telling me that I'm inferior, that I don't belong, that I'm intruding, that I'm ugly, that I'm a loser, a disappointment and that no one wants to be around me. When I feel good, shit is good. I connect and enjoy conversations with people. But as soon as the negative thoughts creep in, everything is shit. People are responding to me differently, negatively, so I try so hard to feel good (I have ways of doing this) and resist feeling anxious, paranoid, self-conscious and so it's obvious what's gonna happen. I've reinforced this over and over so I'm terrified of any negative vibes coming from me. I love talking to people and making new friends but my critical self is too strong and it makes me avoid shit I want to do. My interactions have gotten much better in the past year or so but I still feel pretty much the same. How do I stop believing all this stuff ? I can't be intimate with people and it's driving me nuts. 

Notice that there is only thinking happening, you don’t think your thoughts. There is no you. You just identify with an ''i'', or with thoughts, or with the body which are all a construct of the mind. Your real nature is divine, start self-inquiring. To whom do these thoughts arise to? Be the witness, be the observer. 

@Random User

Meditate, meditate, meditate. Also, meditate.

Runner Up: yoga. Like real yoga, not the stuff they've repackaged as an exercise program.

@Random User yes! Why don’t you shit your pants? Because you go to the bathroom! Why don’t you starve to death? Because you eat! Why don’t you attach to your thoughts? BECAUSE YOU MEDITATE! Plan ahead! Meditation is preventative. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

what I would do is I would sit down and face the thoughts, let them speak their mind lol. over time I could bear to do it long enough, that I started to realize if I gave it enough time to unfold, one thought into anotehr, I'd stumble upon positive ideas that really made everything else I'd thought seem not so important, not so true. and as I did this more and more, I started to see this movement from bad to good happen much faster, to the point where I'd think, "I never brush my teeth" but instead of emotionally diving into the pits for thinking it - I'd grin, realizing that I'm brushing my teeth now - and that's what really matters! 

hm, it took me about a year to go through that change I believe.