How to be wise

Sadhguru on kundalini

13 posts in this topic

http://isha.sadhguru.org/blog/yoga-meditation/demystifying-yoga/kundalini-awakening/

Amazing article by sadhguru on awakening kundalini. Far more important than meditation 

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

2 hours ago, How to be wise said:

http://isha.sadhguru.org/blog/yoga-meditation/demystifying-yoga/kundalini-awakening/

Amazing article by sadhguru on awakening kundalini. Far more important than meditation 

Really well written. I never liked the “dormant serpent” description because it has never felt like that. I have always felt it in my entire body, in the beginning legs especially, and saying it’s just gonna rise up your spine just didnt sound like it at all!

Thats why I like that Sadhguru was able to stay away from usual kundalini dogma.

If I were to add something to his description I would say that shakti/kundalini is a feminine kind of awakening, (nothing to do with gender). That is why in kundalini, eventhough everyone talks about the root chakra, what is really important is to awaken the heart. 

Feminine awakening as opposed to masculine (mind, non-duality, pure awareness teachings) is all inclusive and brings total healing. - Shadow work, bodY work, energy work, relationships.

2 hours ago, Monkey-man said:

what's the most reliable source of how to activate kundalini? 

Why are you asking? 

If youre interested in kundalini adapt a very feminine approach to your spiritual growth of nurturing your ego, loving it and caring for it as never before.

And as always I’ll mention 

Matt Kahn - Whatever arises love that.

Edited by Martin123

Follow me on Instagram for quantum and energetic healing.

But Martin ...

I love treating women and people as objects that i can throw when i'm done with them, how to reconciliate that with kundalini awakening ? 

Those are good notions, i don't want to give them up !

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

4 minutes ago, Shin said:

But Martin ...

I love treating women and people as objects that i can throw when i'm done with them, how to reconciliate that with kundalini awakening ? 

Those are good notions, i don't want to give them up !

I totally understand your concern! 

Omg Sometimes I wish I could go back to living superficially ?? all those superficial friendships, alcohol, weed, delicious foods, girls, smalltalk, petty fights.

Twas the good life. God didnt like it tho... douche ?.

2 hours ago, Martin123 said:

If I were to add something to his description I would say that shakti/kundalini is a feminine kind of awakening, (nothing to do with gender). That is why in kundalini, eventhough everyone talks about the root chakra, what is really important is to awaken the heart. 

Feminine awakening as opposed to masculine (mind, non-duality, pure awareness teachings) is all inclusive and brings total healing. - Shadow work, bodY work, energy work, relationships.

Omg, I just had this realization about a month ago and couldn't put it into words. Thank you for spelling it out!

“Feeling is the antithesis of pain."

—Arthur Janov

4 hours ago, Monkey-man said:

Yoga

There are many kinds of yoga.

• Kundalini yoga
  • Kriya yoga
  • Sadhguru's yoga
  • etc.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Monkey-man Shaktipat initiation. Although it only works for a relatively small % of people.

"Find what you love and let it kill you." - Charles Bukowski

7 hours ago, Monkey-man said:

A shaktipat initiation. And while someone here has mentioned it only works for a small number of people, from what I've observed that is not true. I only have experience with Jan Esmann's initiation but it seems to have worked for a vast majority who got it. He also says trying to awaken kundalini through yoga practice alone is next to impossible.

Secondly, I know some people whose kundalini awakened from 5-MeO DMT, regular DMT or Ayahuasca, more reliable when combined with abstaining from ejaculation for a couple months. Compared to shaktipat their kundalini process started off with much greater speed and unpleasantness.

Edited by Markus

9 minutes ago, Markus said:

combined with abstaining from ejaculation for a couple months.

I am interested, can you provide a source? If restraining from "adjusting the antenna" for a couple of months can make me trip more effective, then why not, I will try it. In the end, it's not that hard (pun not intended).

14 hours ago, Girzo said:

I am interested, can you provide a source? If restraining from "adjusting the antenna" for a couple of months can make me trip more effective, then why not, I will try it. In the end, it's not that hard (pun not intended).

I don't think it'll make you trip more effectively. It's just that the combined energy from nofap plus a strong psychedelic might be enough to awaken your kundalini. Basically, it takes a certain amount of energy for that to happen. One can try to do it via practicing kundalini yoga or whatnot, but the shaktipat master I've worked with says that's pretty much futile. One can do it via shaktipat where the guru transfers some of his energy to you, to cross the treshold. Even with shaktipat though certain practices are necessary. The psychedelics + nofap is just another combo that I know to have worked for a friend of mine. He did Ayahuasca and had been on nofap for a couple months.

Two other friends/aquaintances, one of them did 5-MeO on top of Ayahuasca, which is dangerously stupid and damaged his heart, but his Kundalini awakened. He didn't really know anything about Kundalini until after that event when he started searching what's going on with him. The other did 5-MeO multiple times (was a follower of Martin Ball), don't know if he was on nofap or not. He also had a pretty rough ride but he's doing better now. I would caution though that doing too many psychedelics might be damaging - the friend who did 5meO has problems with excess salivation. He went on to learn how to assess people's energy and said Martin Ball's upper chakras were damaged, which would explain why his state doesn't correspond to any of the states of enlightenment people go through according to several maps. So psychedelics can be hazardous to the energetic system it seems.

Edited by Markus

How to know for sure if you've already activated the kundalini awakening? 

@ADD You cannot not know. The energetic fluctuations will be in your face day or night.

Although I wasnt properly aware of all the implications of k. Awakening from the start, I knew what was happening.