Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Brandon Nankivell

Krill Oil VS Algae-based Omega 3's

8 posts in this topic

Are any of you using algae-based omega 3's instead of fish/krill oil? I'm using it to avoid the chance of toxins mercury etc... I can't see any other reason to use fish oils apart from the cost. Thoughts?

I was using Viva Labs Krill Oil.  Now I’m using Now’s Ultra Omega-3.   The price-point is much better.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

IMO Algae would be better because its basically the source of Omega's where fish and others get theirs from so its no contest if you ask me.

B R E A T H E

Exactly as @pluto said. 

Why would you eat the fish oil when you can get it from the very prime source. Blue&Green and Green Algae are the ancient forefather of all live on this planet. They are one of the most potent plants on this planet if not the most potent. The speed with which they replicate is mad!

Yes, fish oil does give you the levels of ALA and DHA that one needs to protect from cardiovascular diseases and brain degradation but along with it come all the pollutants contained in the oceans like mercury, cadmium POPs, plastics and pharmaceutical drugs. Ever heard of the "Great Pacific Garbage Patch"?  Goggle it  before putting another capsule of FO in your mouth. And no, Algae do not take in that stuff, if anything algae help you pull that stuff out of your body. E3 Live from Klamath Lake in Oregon, is probably one of the best products on US market currently. This stuff is now becoming quite affordable for majority of population to buy. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

14 hours ago, Michael569 said:

Exactly as @pluto said. 

Why would you eat the fish oil when you can get it from the very prime source. Blue&Green and Green Algae are the ancient forefather of all live on this planet. They are one of the most potent plants on this planet if not the most potent. The speed with which they replicate is mad!

Yes, fish oil does give you the levels of ALA and DHA that one needs to protect from cardiovascular diseases and brain degradation but along with it come all the pollutants contained in the oceans like mercury, cadmium POPs, plastics and pharmaceutical drugs. Ever heard of the "Great Pacific Garbage Patch"?  Goggle it  before putting another capsule of FO in your mouth. And no, Algae do not take in that stuff, if anything algae help you pull that stuff out of your body. E3 Live from Klamath Lake in Oregon, is probably one of the best products on US market currently. This stuff is now becoming quite affordable for majority of population to buy. 

I heard of E3 Live a while back, never had the chance to check them out because I've always used a spirulina/chlorella supplement i assumed this is similar? or is E3 Live more concentrated source of Omega's? or whats the difference if you have any information, Thanks

Oh by the way.. i make this drink every now and then with spirulina, not sure if i notice a difference but its just fun to play around and experiment drinking rainbow water :D Especially if you have kids around they are more likely to drink something looking magical than just green water or a green tablet.

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

@pluto , yeah spirulina is a Blue-green algae and Chlorella is green Algae. BG and G have slight difference in cellular structure, the way the feed, reproduce and where they are located. They are also different in nutritional density so taking both is a good idea to complement. 

The only downside of Spirulina is that it is ridiculously difficult to digest, the cellular wall is nearly unbreakable by the chloric acid. That goes both way for Chlorella however there are companies who produce both in a very digestible manner. I do not have much experience with Spirulina but the most reputable source of Chlorella I found is SunChlorella in Kyoto, Japan who use the DYNO-mill method https://www.sunchlorella.co.uk/products/what-is-chlorella which allows nearly 100% digestibility, they have donated some of their products to research, there were few studies on NCBI, look them up if you are interested :). A packing of 1500 of these costs 130 USD on Amazon, a bit cheaper here, in UK. 

Don't have any E3 experience myself since it is nearly impossible to obtain here unless I would want to pay some ridiculous custom tax but their products seem to have a lot of good reviews. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

1 hour ago, Michael569 said:

@pluto , yeah spirulina is a Blue-green algae and Chlorella is green Algae. BG and G have slight difference in cellular structure, the way the feed, reproduce and where they are located. They are also different in nutritional density so taking both is a good idea to complement. 

The only downside of Spirulina is that it is ridiculously difficult to digest, the cellular wall is nearly unbreakable by the chloric acid. That goes both way for Chlorella however there are companies who produce both in a very digestible manner. I do not have much experience with Spirulina but the most reputable source of Chlorella I found is SunChlorella in Kyoto, Japan who use the DYNO-mill method https://www.sunchlorella.co.uk/products/what-is-chlorella which allows nearly 100% digestibility, they have donated some of their products to research, there were few studies on NCBI, look them up if you are interested :). A packing of 1500 of these costs 130 USD on Amazon, a bit cheaper here, in UK. 

Don't have any E3 experience myself since it is nearly impossible to obtain here unless I would want to pay some ridiculous custom tax but their products seem to have a lot of good reviews. 

Ahh i see, Thanks for the detailed reply i wasnt aware of that. I have pacifica spirulina from Hawaii and yaeyama pacifica chlorella apparently they are top quality but not too sure myself these days. Willing to try E3 Live myself. I also used Oceans Alive 2.0 Marine Phytoplankton once which is meant to be even more of a powerhouse than all the others but its harder to come by and more expensive i believe.

B R E A T H E