John

Question for Leo

11 posts in this topic

Would you ever do a more personal video on the emotional turmoil of your spiritual path while building actualized.org?

I'm pursuing both right now and am really in the thick of some depression/frustration.

I know you must have experienced stuff like this, and yet you got the next video out (they never seemed to dip in quality). Am I right in that projection? Are you in some videos actually finding it hard to do? 

Where did you turn for support? What did you actually do to get through it and make it happen?

The Delphic Oracle said that I was the wisest of all the Greeks. It is because I alone of all the Greeks know that I know nothing.

-Socrates

@John I'm not sure what you mean.

You find your LP, you set a strong vision, and you work towards it as best you can without quitting. You only quit if something even better comes along. Emotions will come and go. There will be good times and bad times. You just keep at it.

Success in business is no easy thing. People grossly underestimate that. The marketplace does NOT just pay you money for your work. You have to fight for it.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura Business is tricky.  That's why I'm gonna start boning more up on business and marketing concepts myself.  One aspect is burnout.  Simple burnout.  That's a trap in business.  You just get tired of doing the same old shit, even if it was something you were once passionate about.  So, your business needs to evolve with you to keep it interesting.  That's an issue.  Also, when you turn your hobby into your work you can also start to hate that hobby.  I found that out when I tried to make money playing jazz gigs.  I found that I loved making music on my terms but hated doing it for money where I felt forced.  One thing I found good to commit to is to being a millionaire because even if you fail, at least you're gonna be focused enough on money that you're not gonna suck at bringing it in.  As soon as you take your eye off the ball of making money, your business starts a slow-death.  There's just too much competition out there to be passive in business.  I like to say it like this -- If you shoot for an A, you'll probably get a C.  If you shoot for a C, you'll get an F.  That's how business works.  You need that killer-instinct to be great in business.  You gotta rip the shit out of your comfort-zone.  Bust through those fears and limiting-beliefs.  This is the most advanced Life Purpose work.  

I love this video.  I've made it one of my goals to become a millionaire.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Leo Gura I meant more along the lines of:

Not every insight on the spiritual path is easy right? Some our Egos do not want to accept and it can be this kind of struggle, this emotionally uncomfortable dissolution/letting go. There are many punches in the face like this no?!

For example, I read one of your comments recently about you being depressed for a week after reading Jed Mckenna's book. Was it hard to shoot a video during a depression like that? Did the emotional turmoil of enlightenment work ever feel like it was getting too much?

The Delphic Oracle said that I was the wisest of all the Greeks. It is because I alone of all the Greeks know that I know nothing.

-Socrates

@Joseph Maynor  @Leo Gura Do you have a take on above?  

-Socrates

On 12/5/2017 at 4:03 AM, John said:

@Leo Gura I meant more along the lines of:

Not every insight on the spiritual path is easy right? Some our Egos do not want to accept and it can be this kind of struggle, this emotionally uncomfortable dissolution/letting go. There are many punches in the face like this no?!

For example, I read one of your comments recently about you being depressed for a week after reading Jed Mckenna's book. Was it hard to shoot a video during a depression like that? Did the emotional turmoil of enlightenment work ever feel like it was getting too much?

That was before I even started Actualized.org

Yes, of course there is much struggle behind the scenes which you guys never see in the videos. That's the nature of being on the hero's journey. There will be threshold guardians every so often.

Sometimes you shoot the perfect 90 minute video only to realize you forgot to click the record button.

On 12/5/2017 at 3:05 AM, Leo Gura said:

@John I'm not sure what you mean.

You find your LP, you set a strong vision, and you work towards it as best you can without quitting. You only quit if something even better comes along. Emotions will come and go. There will be good times and bad times. You just keep at it.

Success in business is no easy thing. People grossly underestimate that. The marketplace does NOT just pay you money for your work. You have to fight for it.

How do you know if you truly found something better than your current work or it just another emotional rollercoaster. Sometimes you get so tired of repetition and training of your chosen skill that it gets boring and you are disgusted by it. Then something new shows up and it seems like it is your new passion...

1 minute ago, Leo Gura said:

@egoless By being self-aware.

But I don't know how to differ those two things. If I don't have knowledge based on what should I be self-aware?

P.S. I already thought that you were so upset at me that you stopped talking with me. glad we are still friends :D  

@egoless You set an intention for what you want to know, and you apply your keen observation skills to the issue. As you observe a thing with an open mind and genuine intent, the answer will be revealed with time spontaneously.

See video: Learning = Observation

Boredom is usually just an illusion you have to bust through by becoming more curious about the thing at hand.

It sounds like you lack discipline, focus, and follow-through. Without those, you will never succeed at anything. You must learn to discipline yourself to have a work ethic. Or accept that your life will forever be mediocre.

5 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@egoless You set an intention for what you want to know, and you apply your keen observation skills to the issue. As you observe a thing with an open mind and genuine intent, the answer will be revealed with time spontaneously.

See video: Learning = Observation

Boredom is usually just an illusion you have to bust through by becoming more curious about the thing at hand.

It sounds like you lack discipline, focus, and follow-through. Without those, you will never succeed at anything. You must learn to discipline yourself to have a work ethic. Or accept that your life will forever be mediocre.

I agree with you. I need to develop strong vision for myself. I need to visualize where I want to see myself. I need to visualize it every day - every time before I go to bed. This is the only way to get myself motivated and start the action instead of running in this darkness without any clue and direction!