egoless

What if “Enlightenment” is a secret evil organization?

22 posts in this topic

I know this sounds crazy but let’s discuss the possibility. What if “Enlightenment” is the biggest lie created to control and bound humans to chase some mystical goals? What if “Enlightenment” is a huge international secret organization of influential - “Enlightened people” who increase their follower and worshiper numbers to aquire even greater power and money? What if it is so masterfully managed lie that even the most intellectual people fall for it. What if they secretly  convert clever people to serve their motives?

Discuss with an extremely open mind why could or couldn’t this be the case? Bring solid arguments and proves.

I hope we all are open minded enough to discuss this topic seriously without criticizing me for - “how did you even dare to think such a nonsense” - BS.

Edited by egoless

Just now, Afonso said:

But then you experience it.

What about Groupthink bias, placebo effect and self induced beliefs???

10 minutes ago, egoless said:

What if Enlightenment is the biggest lie created to control and bound humans to chase some mystical goals?

You mean like the western culture and set of values?
I can see where you could get that idea... ^_^

Follow me on Instagram for quantum and energetic healing.

It's not the case. Why? It's a matter of understanding the deep info or not. A lot of these info are already posted on the forum, many of them on the pinned or popular threads. It's a matter of you doing self-inquiry on them and finding a way to incorporate it into your life.

5 minutes ago, Martin123 said:

You mean like the western culture and set of values?
I can see where you could get that idea... ^_^

No I don’t mean any religion but rather the spiritual work we are doing here.

Edited by egoless

I don't mean to be rude but i start to see this argument more frequently first flat earth and now this isn't it a bit unnecessary? What would the benefits be from the government how many actually does enlightenment compared to everyone who is alive? And how bad is the consequences if it's actually true? Even if they are behind some plan or something it still possible we can take responsibility for our actions

(I don't mean to say "how dare you to ask this" feel free to i just think its a bit unnecessary in case if you where referring to me)

Edited by BjarkeT

Just now, Joseph Maynor said:

It’s actually the opposite.  I see the Mind is messing with you hard.

Maybe the case. Moreover, I wish it is the case. But I had to ask this question nevertheless. 

World is being ran by capitalists, they want us to work, fear and consume. The path we are on is leading to exactly opposite direction.

Now go and imagine Donald Trump meditating.

5 minutes ago, ADD said:

World is being ran by capitalists, they want us to work, fear and consume. The path we are on is leading to exactly opposite direction.

Now go and imagine Donald Trump meditating.

What if he is actually secretly  “Enlightened” why are you so sure? Looks are deceiving my friend ;) 

Maybe he is a great actor? 

Edited by egoless

1 minute ago, egoless said:

What if he is actually secretly  “Enlightened” why are you so sure? Looks are deceiving my friend ;) 

meditation.jpg

1 hour ago, egoless said:

Maybe the case. Moreover, I wish it is the case. But I had to ask this question nevertheless. 

From the Ego’s perspective, Enlightenment looks like an evil ideology masquerading as a religion; like a bunch of scoundrel, wacky, miserable, dim-witted, drug-addicted, misguided, oddball, immature, trouble-making, hippie bums, who are under the unfortunate spell of an unconscious death-wish, hiding behind the pretense of a noble mystical cult — all in the misguided, compensatory attempt to feel less inferior and insecure about their childish, impish, foolish, self-destructive, idiotic, latently suicidal, worthless lives.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

its called illuminati 

(plural of Latin illuminatus, "enlightened")

18 minutes ago, Monkey-man said:

its called illuminati 

(plural of Latin illuminatus, "enlightened")

Yes. And there is so much controversy on it.

this video just randomly popped up in search “illuminati” on youtube

Edited by egoless

That's what's so awesome about this "work".  You can look for yourself. Inspect your experiences, what else do you have but experience? Like you probably know this could all be a dream and maybe you are right with this theory, but what you can be sure of is that you ARE. You don't have to listen to anyone any more once you know that (theoretically speaking) and you also don't have to follow anyone or spend any money. You are always completely free in your search for truth, only your mind tells you otherwise.

Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all of the barriers within yourself that you have built against it 

- A Course in Miracles

@egoless Imagine you are walking while wearing a shoe that hurts your feet. It hurts really bad but you don't want to take your shoes off because you are on the road. Finally, when you reach your home and take off your shoes, you feel completely relieved and peaceful.. Would you call that sense of relief a self-induced belief or placebo effect?

Once you are enlightened, the feeling of liberation it gives you is not a placebo effect, self-induced belief or delusion for the very same reason. 

Now imagine this scenario. A small 4-year-old boy is walking in his beautiful new shoes. The shoe is hurting him and he cries in pain. But he doesn't realize that it is the shoe which is hurting him. Instead, he thinks that the pain is in the leg, caused internally.

I tell him "It is your shoe which is causing the problem, take it off!"..

And he says, 'no way, the shoe is beautiful! I won't take this off.  What if you want me to take it off so that you can grab it and run away? What is the guarantee that taking my shoes off will remove the pain? you are lying and I am not ready to fall for it"

The question you are asking is similar to the question this little boy is asking. :)

Because of your identification with the body and mind, you are deriving a sense of self from it. That sense of a separate self is like this shoe.. It may be beautiful but it hurts... Just take it off!

Shanmugam 

Subscribe to my Youtube channel for videos regarding spiritual path, psychology, meditation, poetry and more: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwOJcU0o7xIy1L663hoxzZw?sub_confirmation=1 

1 hour ago, egoless said:

No I don’t mean any religion but rather the spiritual work we are doing here.

No spiritual work being done here. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Shanmugam the fault with your logical comparison is that you don’t know me. I wish the Truth of Enlightenment to be the ultimate Truth. I am completely groundless and open minded in that regard. I have never been a materialistic type of person. The Truth of Enlightenment just sounds way too beautiful to be true... hence my heavy questioning over it. I want to be sure that there are no pitfalls left!

@egoless he knows his Self. He looked there.  When you see your Self, you can readily see a lot about other people. Things they themselves are completely unaware of. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE