DEV

Being State

20 posts in this topic

Does "Being" means -

• Not having any thought at all?
  • Being Aware/mindful of thoughts and feelings without judging them(being mindful of that judgement also)?
  • Or Is it a Special state which is only possible after a lot of consciousness work?                          

be·ing

(bē′ĭng)

n.

1. The state or quality of having existence: technical advances that have only recently come into being. 

2. The totality of all things that exist: theologians who hold that the mind of God is the source of all being.

a. A person: "The artist after all is a solitary being"(Virginia Woolf).

b. An individual form of life; an organism: "We [humans] are the only beings who are aware that we shall die" (Seyyed Hossein Nasr).

c. An imaginary, conjectural, or supernatural creature: extraterrestrial beings.

a. All the qualities constituting one that exists; the essence: the very being of human nature.

b. One's basic or essential nature: "[My grandfather's] face, words and gestures are a permanent part of my being" (Duane Nitatum).

What does "being" mean to you?

Edited by Vitamine Water

The art is to look without looking 

Being is all there is.

But since you are fishing for answers, let's say it's a state where everything is the same but there's no one left who cares. When you completely stop following thoughts.

@DEV we’re human beings. Not humans being X or Y. The being is nondual. The Self imposed duality ‘splits’ make for the unique specific experiences. The illusion is that we are “beings”, but I find, we are Being. Any definition is self imposed duality. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Being is awareness.  Awareness is being.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

When we are Mindful/Aware/Conscious of Ourselves and thoughts, ARE we in "Being State" then ?

22 minutes ago, DEV said:

When we are Mindful/Aware/Conscious of Ourselves and thoughts, ARE we in "Being State" then ?

That’s beautiful!

thank you Nahm....:)

Edited by DEV

True being is realizing true nothingness, only when you know you are nothing do you realize the significance of your BEing. The fact that you exist, the fact that you are. The fact that you have a body and brain, it's all incredible. How is that you exist altough you did nothing and still do nothing to exist? A human being is pure intelligence and an amazing creation, only a fool can miss or deny that. 

Introspection is key.  

@DEV @Nahm  @JustinS @Natasha@Dodo@Max_V@Shin@Thinh@phoenix666@Gabriel Antonio@nightrider1435@Nexeternity @WelcometoReality

@Shiva @Joseph Maynor @cirkussmile @Vitamine Water  @Ilya @Leo Gura @pluto @Timotheus

Just sharing some food for thoughts

Being=

•  experience in the now moment
  •  consciousness that is residing here/now
  •  fusion of the experiencer and the experienced which results simply as experience
  • consciousness of the expansion and contraction of experience
  • realization of existence of experience that can be experienced
  • totality of the mind and body 
  • DNA = light body
  •  DNA turns inside out and you get a Soul
  • True Self 
  • no-self 
  • essence that transcends  time and space
  •  embodied realization that you are everything inside experience and outside experience   
  •  fusion of the dual and the non-dual 
  • knowing

Consciousness carries the accepted truths of the mind. 

Awareness=

• quality of consciousness
  • = awareness of Self
  • = awareness of the mind (a timeline, thought story, distinctions, illusions...)   and awareness of the body (feelings of the body, hearing, tasting, touching, seeing, smelling)
  •  awareness of the content that makes up the totality that is experience
  •  awareness of experience = awareness of consciousness
  •  awareness of the dual or the non-dual experience (dual is not an experience)
  • Awareness of the personal mind 
  • Awareness of the universal mind
  • discernment
  • awareness of relativity
  • unknowing

Awareness of the layers(fields) of consciousness:

1. Preconscious
  2. Conscious
  3. Subconscious
  4. Continuing conscious
  5. Subliminal conscious
  6. Super  conscious
  7. Radial Conscious 

@DEV When you don't have any thought at all, that is when the Being - True Self - Consciousness awakens and the ego goes to sleep.

You are being it right now, but when you are lost in the thought streams (beta brain waves), you lose the connection with (consciousness about)  your True Self and consciousness goes to sleep and ego operates.

When you relax and activate the parasympathetic nervous system (by slowing the breathing down) consciousness awakens and the ego goes to sleep. 

You can be aware and lose the  connection/ consciousness  of experience, because you are aware of the mind that is not present now, the mind abides in time, time is separated from experience that is now.

Edited by AleksM

Reading Nisargadatta, what I understand is that...

BEING = The sense of 'I AM'

Now this 'I AM' is a bit tricky. The 'I' here is a thought/fiction. But the 'Am' is Truth here..your very presence so to speak. 

You can never think/feel yourself to be ''I am not''. Cause there is always the 'I AM'

Now this 'I AM' is not enlightenment. Its the highest state in duality before you shift into enlightenment. This is the whole game of self inquiry...whatever arises, you question ''To whom does it occur?'' and you come back to this sense of 'I AM'...you sense the Awareness that is aware of this 'I AM'....then one day/now BOOM! I don't know shit after that ^^''

PS: Someone please correct me if I am misunderstanding here

Edited by Preetom

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

@Preetom what do you think you’re doing reading and learning and sharing what you found on this site?!?!? Have you no complaints?? No one to blame!??! What’s wrong with you! ?

you got it! It is your expansion! Get back to reading and keep up the good work!❤️ When you finish it, get a solid meditation in. Let it permeate. ?

Pretty simple, what do you do if I ask you "are you aware right now?" you don't think about it it just is. That state is what you are looking for.

@Nahm Thanks each and every one of you guys. I love you!!

Life is so fucking beautiful. Yeah I'm confused and feel bad sometimes. Yeah fear overflows my heart from time to time. But it still is awesome. The mystery and mindfuck are the treats. YAY!

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

fusion of the experiencer and the experienced which results simply as experience

Easy to experience, impossible to understand.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

Nisargadatta says this: "

Awareness is primordial; it is the original state, beginningless, endless, uncaused, unsupported, without parts, without change. Consciousness is on contact, a reflection against a surface, a state of duality. There can be no consciousness without awareness, but there can be awareness without consciousness, as in deep sleep. Awareness is absolute, consciousness is relative to its content; consciousness is always of something. Consciousness is partial and changeful, awareness is total, changeless, calm and silent. And it is the common matrix of every experience."

Edited by abrakamowse

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16