Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LessonsSavesLifes

Do it . Russel Simmons

5 posts in this topic

So  apparently  , he's been doing  inappropriate acts to women and and few other  scandals  but is just now getting flack for it . 

I just wanted to get your guys  opinion  because I just started reading his book "Do you"  I really like and book and it's only getting better with every page but should this act  destroy his  credibility ? Idk what do ya think 

@LessonsSavesLifes Good advice never hinges on a person's credibility. Advice is an idea or principle which stands on it own because it has some universal truth behind it.

Of course people are flawed. Which is why you're told not to idolize or believe in people, but rather just glean lessons from them and go about mastering your life.

If you found out that I have sex with goats, would that make enlightenment any less true?

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

It just makes the author smell like poo.  It makes it hard to relate to him.  It’s like listening to an artist’s music after finding out something unsavory about them.  It’s gonna change how you resonate with the work.  It’s hard to treat someone well when you feel like they are a bad person — even their writing, and even if it’s good stuff!  You’ll have a resistance there.  I agree with Leo that increased awareness can dissolve this block, but for many people it will be there.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

12 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

@LessonsSavesLifes Good advice never hinges on a person's credibility. Advice is an idea or principle which stands on it own because it has some universal truth behind it.

Of course people are flawed. Which is why you're told not to idolize or believe in people, but rather just glean lessons from them and go about mastering your life.

If you found out that I have sex with goats, would that make enlightenment any less true?

It doesn’t change your work, but it would change how people would resonate with you as consumers of your work.  That’s the key.  They would be turned-off by you.

Edited by Joseph Maynor