Leo Gura

Deep New Video Coming This Sunday

56 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

That math guy has 2 million subscribers??!!

I have failed at life!

'Course there's the glaring aspect that you make 45 to 90 minutes videos (composed mainly of your face) and they make 15 to 30 minute videos of fun, colorful, and titillating stuff. Not that there's anything wrong with that, or your face. :P

5 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I have failed at life!

Actually, the guy behind the channel is Brady Haran. He always just films the videos of some math professor speaking on some topic so if you check out more of them you will see more speakers, he also has other channels dedicated to different topics like chemistry for example.

Edited by Dragallur

When it rains, it pours like hell.
-Insomnium

My blog: dragallur.wordpress.com

@Joseph Maynor

Fundamental and basic is advanced, don't get me wrong. ;)

In my case the high theory doesn't please me at all. I would rather like Leo to go directly to do point than answer all of this common objections and questions people have that make all of his videos 10x longer, because everything is dumbed down so even a retard understands it. But that is just me. There is nothing wrong to explain a topic in depth, that is good, but for me I would prefer it to be shorter and to the point. That is a personal preference.

Leo has a target audience that is more mainstream, that is why he goes into depth in answering all of the questions and common objections. 

I am studying business too and I intent to build my online empire too. I have spend a few thousand dollars already on educating myself.:)

I won't lie. I had to stop the video 40 minutes in because I didn't understand it.

but that's okay.

I'm not even close to Leo's stage of development. Not remotely. Not even close to many members of this forum.

I'm still in awe about the quality and excellence of the video though. Fantastic. And it excites to me know that maybe one day I WILL be able to fathom what's being spoken about here. 

For now there are many other videos I need to watch. 

???

Edited by The White Belt

“In the beginner’s mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert’s there are few” 
― Shunryu Suzuki

10 hours ago, Extreme Z7 said:

'Course there's the glaring aspect that you make 45 to 90 minutes videos (composed mainly of your face) and they make 15 to 30 minute videos of fun, colorful, and titillating stuff. Not that there's anything wrong with that, or your face. :P

Another unsolicited piece of advice.  Don’t get distracted by glitzy visuals.  Keep the focus on the content.  Visuals are nice but kinda shallow too.  I’m not saying this applies to the new video, but just keep this in mind. I have no problem with the oldest videos that are chalk-full of content but have worse “quality” standards.  Don’t get so focused on the sizzle that you forget about the steak.  That’s a trap.  If you’re gonna change things up, I would suggest another route.  This also screws up the audios for people who like to listen to these lectures as MP3s.  I like the fact that the videos can be listened to as audios without any loss of content.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

"The brain is inside the Universe observing the Universe, but then the Universe is also inside the brain." 

I feel dizzy, I'ma puke. So what I'm seeing right now in front of me is Infinity. My eyes are the hole in a klein bottle or the tube in the center of a torus field. A bridge between both sides of the infinite. :S

On 12/3/2017 at 11:48 AM, Leo Gura said:

I have failed at life!

Taylor Swift has 26 million subscribers. Math guy is depressed now. :(

@blazed Lol, that music.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Taylor Swift and PewDiePie make music and funny videos. That guys makes MATH videos.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

On 12/4/2017 at 5:35 AM, Joseph Maynor said:

Another unsolicited piece of advice.  Don’t get distracted by glitzy visuals.  Keep the focus on the content.

It was a joke, dude. Not meant to be taken as serious advice. ¬¬

That should have been obvious with the exaggeration about Leo's videos being mostly composed of his face.
(It also includes his neck, shirt, and black background.)

All kidding aside, I actually love Leo's way of presenting his videos the way they are. No nonsense visuals or audio, just pure direct relay of information.

Edited by Extreme Z7

41 minutes ago, Extreme Z7 said:

It was a joke, dude. Not meant to be taken as serious advice. ¬¬

That should have been obvious with the exaggeration about Leo's videos being mostly composed of his face.
(It also includes his neck, shirt, and black background.)

All kidding aside, I actually love Leo's way of presenting his videos the way they are. No nonsense visuals or audio, just pure direct relay of information.

Gotcha.  No problem.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

On 12/4/2017 at 10:36 PM, blazed said:

By the way this video is a great example of the analogy @Leo Gura used with the zooming into microscope until you see the back of your head.

I like this HAAHAH