Spence94

"How to Master and control your emotions" Vs "Understanding emotions part 1"

5 posts in this topic

Have an issue in my understanding. The main idea Leo is suggesting is fully feeling emotions and become a superhuman superconductor for emotions in our body by being aware and mindful. However in the slightly older video, Leo emphasises the filter of interpretation we have "control" over. That video gives of a more positive thinking vibe.

So how to reconcile? I understand letting go of control by building mindfulness but after relinquishing control and feeling emotions enough, is it then wise to switch your thinking and persepctive to create a more positive emotion, (as long you give the emotion space to do its thing)?This ometimes feels forced to me, but also makes sense in answering the question of we transition to more resourceful emotions.

Or is there a deeper aspect to emotions im unaware of whereby they begin to shift and change simply by the mindfulness creating "pseudo control" as leo says.

It seems the videos are odds with eachother in places. Not sure if the old one is just an outdated perspective for me now or im missing something here....

Shining the light of awareness on negative emotions is healing. The more you heal the more positive you will become. If you just focus on being positive about things, that will only get you that far, healing on the other hand is pretty much limitless.

@Spence94 If you’re feeling negative emotion, you are experiencing something  with far less awareness than you are capable of using, and that does not feel good enough for you, because you know you know better and are not applying what you already know. How else could it be possible to feel bad? The very experience requires two points of relativity. One is the way you’re seeing it, the other is the way you could be. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

6 hours ago, Spence94 said:

Have an issue in my understanding. The main idea Leo is suggesting is fully feeling emotions and become a superhuman superconductor for emotions in our body by being aware and mindful. However in the slightly older video, Leo emphasises the filter of interpretation we have "control" over. That video gives of a more positive thinking vibe.

So how to reconcile? I understand letting go of control by building mindfulness but after relinquishing control and feeling emotions enough, is it then wise to switch your thinking and persepctive to create a more positive emotion, (as long you give the emotion space to do its thing)?This ometimes feels forced to me, but also makes sense in answering the question of we transition to more resourceful emotions.

Or is there a deeper aspect to emotions im unaware of whereby they begin to shift and change simply by the mindfulness creating "pseudo control" as leo says.

It seems the videos are odds with eachother in places. Not sure if the old one is just an outdated perspective for me now or im missing something here....

It’s just two perspectives.  They don’t have to be reconciled.  It’s like 2 views of the same thing.  There doesn’t have to be just one right way to think about something.  I know this sounds flippant from the Rationalist Paradigm point of view. There is more than one way to skin a cat.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

As always, both, not either or.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.