zunnyman

Solo meditation retreat for 14 days or 2 psychedelic trips?

10 posts in this topic

My parents are going on vacation for 2 weeks in december and i have the whole house to myself. I am planning to use this time at home to either do

1) a solo meditation retreat: 6 hours meditation formal sits, and being out in nature the rest of the time, with no other distractions (no phone, etc) 

2) 2 psychedelic trips - I have never done psychedelics before so the 1st trip would be 75 ug LSD on day 1 of 14. The 2nd trip would either be 1.5 mg shrooms or 100 ug LSD (which should I do?) on day 13 of 14

My main goal is to really take advantage of these 2 weeks in the best way possible in terms of personal growth, spiritual growth, happiness, purging, etc. Any advice, etc would be appreciated

2 week solo retreat + 1 trip in the middle and 1 trip just before the end.

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@Shin Thats genius lol I didn’t think thats possible cuz i never heard of combining a solo retreat with a few days of psychedelics.

Do you think thats overkill though or no? And I don’t want to develop an intolerance to psychedelics so is spacing it out over a week fine? 

55 minutes ago, zunnyman said:

@Shin Thats genius lol I didn’t think thats possible cuz i never heard of combining a solo retreat with a few days of psychedelics.

Do you think thats overkill though or no? And I don’t want to develop an intolerance to psychedelics so is spacing it out over a week fine? 

The momentum of your meditations will carry into your trip, and vice versa :) 

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

2 hours ago, Shin said:

Great illustration of how to overcome the False-choice Trap.  Instead of either-or, do both.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Ether You don’t have to, but I say make a decision after doing the full research and not out of fear and what culture told you :) 

@Shin That sounds amazing, great advice man 

@zunnyman

1 hour ago, Shin said:

This is what I was thinking too. I have done multiple week solo retreats with a couple trips mixed in, in cities and alone in the deep woods. So, I’m excited for you, forgive me for being ‘advicy’........Eat as clean as possible starting now, you’ll get deeper in the trips and med’s. (You may already eat ‘clean’ idk) Also, from now till then, be letting every thought go. When the “realness” of your life’s ongoings happen, take that little moment first, right away, and let the reactions and thoughts go (you may already be here ) Empty the cup out and those 2 weeks can fill it and change everything. Everything! (I don’t mean to imply you or your life need changing, - I am not referring to your life, I mean everything... literally)

My advice, and I really hope you do this, is to write or type (print it though!) a few pages out ( before the 2 weeks starts) about how you see things in terms of yourself, your family, friends, coworkers perhaps....the ‘world’ stuff; economics, society, history, science, neurology, biology, whatever reality is, whatever God is, whatever else you think of in terms of your views and perspectives. 

In that 2 weeks, you’re going to go through some serious change in your understanding of all those things. It’s likely (if you’ve done your research and play it smart trip wise) that you will be in a state where you can not imagine ever needing to write any of it down. The insight / epiphanies / revelations will have an obviousness to them that is currently unimaginable. Again, there will be a strong being-ness of “I see it now, how could I ever possibly forget”. THAT, is essentially the message I’m trying to communicate. “It’s so amazing, how could I ever not see this?”. 

But we get back to our ‘lives’, and we start thinking about our stuff to do, and it can fade a little.  All part of the process / path, all is well. It can fade a little, and it can even slip just far enough away for us to struggle sometimes to grasp.

But there’s a hell of a trail of breadcrumbs available, if you lay them. For example, if after those 2 weeks, you were to look at your first posts on actualized, or maybe stories or poems you wrote, or anything like that, you will instantly become aware of and realize  REAL-IZE the difference in your consciousness. It may be a way of circumventing the “forgetting & remembering, forgetting & remembering” process the majority of us seekers go through - I assume....I did at least...and I see it as a theme on the forum. I suggest it could expedite your expansion, saving you months years, or even decades.

After the 2 weeks, look at what you wrote about your world - your life, and all of your worldly views. I bet you have never laughed so hard or felt such a release in your life as when you read what you wrote. It will bring the ‘trip’ right back to you - the insights, etc. 

You could be a clear ‘before & after’ on actualized.org. That could potentially help millions of people to come, in a most unique, precise and significant way. You could write all that I suggested in a post, and then after your trips / retreat, write your perspective on all the same things. I think doing that is perhaps the fastest possible growth you could gift to yourself. You will Real-I’ve it more, and so many people will see not only is it possible, they will get to read how & why. 

Godspeed and enjoy every minute of it you lucky sob!!!! ?

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm Woah, Thank you for this. Your post literally put me into high gear, as you showed me the significance of what I am about to do. 

I am taking notes on this post and leo’s blog posts on solo retreats and constructing a strategic plan for this 2 week period, an no I eat somewhat shitty hahah, I just ate a subway cookie. I think im going clean starting today. Also love the idea of a detailed before and after post on the this forum, that could really help me and other people! Thank you for the inspiration. 

@zunnyman Thank you for your inspiration! 

One more note, and I’m not trying to be semantical...but...I have not “showed you the significance” of what you’re about to do. I get what you meant, and thank you - but, only you could do that. You’ll see.....muahhhh ahhhh ahhh!!! I am loving being a spectator though! You got balls of steel bro!

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE