Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mohsinuddin

So If We Know Nothing Is Good Or Bad Like Shakespeer Said. What Is The Point Of Telling Truth Why Can't We Just Lie?

7 posts in this topic

So I had bad habit of lying earlier in my life. I fixed that but still when i am in my lower self or if i have to impress the girl i lie without any reason and regret it. SO Can anyone help me figure out why we should always tell the Truth? I know it is kind of common sense but i still would love to hear the feed back from people. Thank you for reading this and more thank you if you replying.

Edited by Mohsinuddin

Lie all you want. Don't be a pussy, go all in with it, lie big. See where it will get ya. It's indeed not 'bad' like Shakespeare said. But at the end of the day, it is you who is lying to yourself, you are going to have to suffer for it. Why do people lie? Because they are afraid to tell the truth, they feel they are not worthy to tell the truth. 

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)

You're also welcome to hit yourself over the head with hammer.

It's your life. Live it however you like.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

On 2/25/2016 at 10:24 PM, Leo Gura said:

You're also welcome to hit yourself over the head with hammer.

It's your life. Live it however you like.

My question was deeper than that, but it is alright. thank you :)

@Mohsinuddin your question is very deep,I agree. but my motivation is finding the truth .actually there is a truth but it cant be said by words.so we improve ourselves and get closer to it. There are certain rule and regulation in the world,so there is a truth.

Edited by nima

People have this belief that if something isn't 'wrong' then there no reason why we shouldn't do it. It is as though we use the labels of 'right' and 'wrong' as permissions or restrictions to our behaviour.

Just because something may not be 'wrong' per se, doesn't mean it is healthy or appropriate or even constructive. Labels like 'right' and 'wrong' are purely subjective concepts. They have no meaning in reality.

Ok, so lying may or may not be 'wrong'. But it isn't a healthy habit either way. It will come back to bite you in time. It will have subtle consequences that will lead to suffering in your life.

11 hours ago, Mohsinuddin said:

when i am in my lower self or if i have to impress the girl i lie without any reason and regret it.

So here's a reason right here not to do it - you regret it. So there's the suffering caused by the lie.. the regret.

But also, in this context, lying to impress a girl will come back to bite you when they discover that you lied to them and they behave adversely as a result. Also, trying to uphold lies, particularly if you build on them and persist with them will become harder with time. When it all collapses it will have negative consequences on you.

People lie all the time to one another, particularly when trying to attract people. It inevitably causes problems down the line. Leo's video "How we lie" is a good one. I for one have had enough of all the bulshit lying and deceiving that we all engage in in life. It gets exhausting. Even on this forum we don't write what we really think because we want people to like us and listen to us. So we spend time carefully crafting our posts to be 'acceptable' to the general populace.

There really is no value in being pretentious in life. Let's all get on the path of being more authentic. Problem is so many people can't handle the truth which is why we don't tell it. If people we more accepting of the truth we wouldn't have to be so pretentious.

This lying thing is really a two-way thing. Truth >>  << Acceptance.

“If you correct your mind, the rest of your life will fall into place.”  - Lao Tzu

You become what you are, if you're truth and always speak in truth and never hide from yourself you'll be free and find more truth, not to mention Truth is a synonym for Love, now we're playing with power lol ;) 

If on the other hand you keep on lying constantly you become those lies and create a bunch of problems for yourself.

This is how Karma work and it's the real version of Good and Evil, to live in ones ego with a bunch of opinions deciding what is right or wrong or to live in spirit and just let the ego be grateful to share in truth as a golden Armour to guard and stand up for the holy spirit :)