haai14

why is contemplating good?

4 posts in this topic

• Im thinking of making a contemplating habit but i dont know why it is good, you can say i need to contemplate it :P but i did and still dont know. I think that only thoughts that help are if we contemplate things about our selves, why we did something, of what are we afraid... But how can i contemplate something like what is time and what is reality... Arent we then just mentally masturbating and getting nowhere, these thing can only be experienced and then understood and not by thinking about them. Of course we should learn about them from people that already experienced it because we will make it easier to make sense of it when experienced.

No, you aren't jerking your brain off when you contemplate things like time and reality. In contemplation - and thinking - you use past experiences which may not be present but they will create a good map in your mind (which of course isn't the territory). If you don't want to contemplate existential things, contemplation is still useful. You can contemplate things like virtue, good and bad, how a good life is created, happiness (which is crucial if you want to create it)... and even personal questions. It is useful for understanding (thus maybe gaining the ability to manipulate) almost ANYTHING. You need to have this in your toolkit.

Spirituality is any movement towards the Unnamable. Everything is spiritual.

The only true way out Resistance is going into it because any way out of it is staying in it.

The purest life possible is surrendering to the Absolute.

I think that only thoughts that help are if we contemplate things about our selves, why we did something, of what are we afraid... But how can i contemplate something like what is time and what is reality...Arent we then just mentally masturbating and getting nowhere, these thing can only be experienced and then understood and not by thinking about them. 

Contemplation ≠ mental masturbation. Only mental masturbation = mental masturbation :D.

You make the mistake of believing that time and reality are not within yourself and, therefore, cannot be investigated.

Also, I don't recommend doing stuff just because you "need to do this". You will abandon the habit and become frustrated. Have reasons for "why you're doing what you're doing". Don't go unconscious.

Edited by Serge