Emre

Girlfriend Twerking

29 posts in this topic

@gleb Don’t you ever feel like she might be sexually attracted to those people? Maybe she enjoys kissing them etc. I dunno you got the point

@Charlotte I don’t wanna talk to her. She knows I wouldn’t like what she does. I just kinda wanther to understand that. If. I tell her it then feels kinda meaningless 

@Emre Making assumptions about others causes most of our relationship problems. How do you know she "knows" how you feel? You can't possibly be inside her mind in that way (unless you've mastered telepathy). It seems like, from your lack of response to my last comment, that you are not willing to have an open-mind toward twerking, or try it yourself; is this true? Do you see how I "checked out" my perception with you? It feels a lot better, right? This will just continue to fester in your mind and heart until you either move on physically/ emotionally from her, or you try some healthy communication; are you willing to do either of these? Here's how communicating could go -this is from the communication model that I use, it's one of the best tools I have in my tool box for interacting with others...I hope this helps you :) (ask her to give you 5 minutes where she *just listens* no talking/ arguing, then you give her 5 min too): 

"Beautiful Girlfriend, my intention is to tell you about something that's been upsetting me and see if we can find a way to resolve this", "When I saw your twerking videos I felt.... sad/angry/etc", "I made up a story in my head that you are twerking to get sexual attention from other men", "So, I wanted to check it out with you to find out why you twerk, if it is  for attention" "I'm really happy that you've learned to twerk, I think it's sexy, and hope you'll do it just for me sometime"..."If I am unable to get over my insecurities, would you consider not publically posting yourself doing this anymore"?  

Then you'll know for sure, one way or another...and you can decide to accept her, compromise, or move on...

You guys are overlooking the most questioning pertaining to twerking: “Does she have a sexy bubblebutt?” 

Come on guys.?

jk? 

or am I?

@Emre Wayyy too many assumptions here... she probably does x, she probably thinks y, she probably wants z.

The fact is it doesn't even matter why she does it or what does she want out of it. The fact is that you need to view without any personal bias.

View it as it is your sister that likes ballet, she just likes it, you either go with it or you don't.

If you have any issue with it, it is YOUR problem, not hers, you put yourself in this situation after all ;) 

I don't know if that could be a "personality", "ego" or "self image" thing but sometimes for us as women is important to have like a portafolio (idk why exactly) but is like to have a self-portrait that shows we're sexy and alive or something... I don't really know.

@Epiphany_Inspired But i loved your wise words. Maybe talking they can compromise.

Sometimes i find that kind of reaction as hipocrecy (when one of the partners love to watch things like that but hates that the other partner do the same thing publicly). Not only men tho...