Emre

Girlfriend Twerking

29 posts in this topic

Are you okay with your girlfriend twerking when other guys are around or sharing a video of that? The answer will be related with a lot questions so I’d like to hear your answer

it's not about her. it's my choice not to date someone who's into such things.

unborn Truth

@Emre Well she is just doing something she enjoys and It's a solo activity right.

Now I can imagine this would feel disrespectful and inappropriate for a girlfriend to do. Although it's kind of somewhat unfair to ask her not to because not directly cheating on you,  I would look at like this she likes to twerk regardless of if there are other guys around.  But it's bothering you so what should you do? In this kind of situation you need to work on yourself to attain the confidence and none-neediness to be don't care to this type of stuff. 

I for one would not consider it cheating nor disrespectful per say because like I said, it's a solo activity. Although I would find it distasteful regardless of whether or not she was taken, that could just be age thing though

Edited by Spiral

@Emre I find the act of twerking and sending that out to guys kinda attention seeking. Something you might not want around you if it is a recurring pattern. 

@Spiral I wouldn’t consider it as cheating but also I can’t just say it is only because she enjoys to do so. I mean isn’t it obvious that she knows other guys will be turned on and if she didn’t want this to happen then she wouldn’t do it

@Emre
She can do whatever she wants and if you don't like that you can leave, same goes for you. It is all about freedom and agreements, if you are not in alignment with her in matters of what you expect from a relationship then there is no point. 

On 30/11/2017 at 10:38 PM, Emre said:

Are you okay with your girlfriend twerking when other guys are around or sharing a video of that? The answer will be related with a lot questions so I’d like to hear your answer

Dont try to deny what you are feeling (or suppressing it)

Just talk to her and say that you would apreciate if she doesnt do this again.

Remind her that she is not obligated to do it (not doing twerk again) and its something yours. She has nothing to do with it.

But that does not mean that you have suppress your own feelings

A true man have boundaries, if his girl doesnt show respect she doesnt worth to stay with you.

@Emre My girlfriend is an actress and was in a play called the Rocky Horror Picture Show around Halloween. It's the most overtly sexual, raunchy, and bodily juice infused train-wreck of a production you'd ever see. She had one of the lead parts and was fondled by another dude, kissed and was kissed by a lot of people on stage (including women) all while wearing a sexy leotard type thing. 

I was kinda proud to say that was my lady up on that stage, but that personal security has come over time. I couldn't have imagined that a few years ago.

Try contemplating on how her actions are directly influencing you and your mission (you may find that they do not at all) and how you can positively re-frame the way you view whatever act she does. Talk to her about it; it's okay to do so. If it grows from reasonable attention seeking act like that to something less loyal; end the fling and move on. 

Edited by gleb

If your morals are not the same and she has crossed your boundaries, tell her first, make sure she knows your not comfortable with it. If she continues, she doesn't respect you. 

I would also class it as attention seeking, she should be fulfilled by the attention she receives from you, not others. 

the question is, why does she feel a need to do that in front of other guys? 

• Lack of self esteem? 
  • Wh*rish tendencies? 
  • Being bored and sexually frustrated in current relationship? 
  • Or perhaps simply enjoying the attention and the lust of other guys ( if so, see above)

Women who are satisfied in their relationships and grounded do not usually need to do that, I might be wrong though. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

That sounds embarrassing and if you are dating her kind of disrespectful.  I would just talk to her if it is still a problem, it's been like 6 weeks.

@Emre  I used to dislike all forms of crumping including twerking... some of the things said here remind me of my former views... but have you ever actually tried to twerk, or watched and informative cultural shows about why it's done and how the style emerged? twerking is quite the accomplishment to do!!!.... I can do shimmies, undulations, etc for belly dancing but twerking is another level! I get that you may find it vulgar, or believe that it may be intended to turn guys on... well people say that about flamenco and belly dancing too... I can assure you that from most women's perspectives, that's not what's going on... we can express femininity, even sexuality for the sake of ourselves, not others, even in a performance.... 

Can you learn to accept her self expression without jealousy? For example, if she had spend 3 nights on a costume and months on a new belly dance or flamenco routine, would you stop her from performing it? Twerking takes serious effort, commitment and stamina, she is likely stoked she can do it, that's all... but I don't know her... maybe she is just going for sexual attention.... it's hard to say... but positive communication... where you express your intention to positively resolve this, and your emotions without blame (and be genuinely curious about why she twerks)... might be a good place to start... maybe she can teach you, and you can laugh hysterically as you try it together? have fun! 

Add a note: In crumping culture, even the children twerk, it's not always considered sexual... like any "butt" dances (Africa, etc)

Edited by Epiphany_Inspired

The more important question is does she have a sexy bubblebutt?