phoenix666

limiting beliefs

21 posts in this topic

on my last trip I had a huge insight about how it's my own beliefs that hold me back. I had glimpse of how I can be everything, if i only stop thinking that I am any less than it all. I saw that I still have lack of self worth, I think I am not worthy of enlightenment, divine consciousness and love. for a moment I let all those limiting beliefs fall, I just thought I'm it, it's already in me. I'm worthy of love, I am love!  

I felt how I'm already it, I'm just not aware of it is actually true. it was just a tiny glimpse, I know. but it was very powerful.

I'm know back into 'normal' consciousness. how can I transcend my own limiting beliefs? has anyone become aware of them and somehow overcome them? 

whatever arises, love that

@phoenix666 What is normal consciousness?  That’s a limiting-belief too.  All beliefs are false.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Joseph Maynor hmm, good question. I don't actually know. I guess the state I'm in most of the time, feeling and seeing myself as a separate entity? 

I know in theory that all beliefs are false, but I can't feel it, or at least I'm not aware of it most of the time.

thanks for your input <3

@Colin thank you, I will try and include it into my meditation habit <3 

@phoenix666 Well, this is what my recent guide on How to become enlightened is all about :D I didn't mention the words "limiting beliefs" but if you read between the lines that's it. 

@AleksM have you reached enlightnment? i read that you reached it by focusing on breath, thats funny because thats how i beat 98% of my anxiety

@AleksM I'll check it out, thank you for sharing your knowledge and experience!

i'm actually trying the 'being aware of my breath 24/7'.. but it's so hard. hahaha I keep forgetting. again. and again. and again. I kinda feel a bit neurotic doing that during day to day life and sometimes it just gets really, like really boring. but this only tells me that it's worth while! it's huge, that's why it's difficult I guess!

@phoenix666

It gets easier with practice. Also read the post I linked above, because it has some additional tips I didn't mention in my first guide. 

Nothing wrong with forgetting. Most humans are in a state of forgetfulness, the journey is to remember. So after you notice you forgot, remember to be present.

The journey is the goal. ;)

The journey is now right here right now.?

//Innerchangable

Real eyes, realize, real lies.

If we identify to the body/mind just like a schizo identify to a chair, wouldn't it be useful to study how those people are cured ?

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@Shin sadly most psychiatric conditions are cured with meds in modern medicine.. 

@AleksM Thats funny, i have been focusing on breath for 1 year, and while anxiety has decreased 98%, i still think. I dont have rapid thoughts and i did forget some thoughts while doing that, but i still have some thoughts. What would be your advice?

@Ether how long did it take you to establish that pattern? how long did it take you to spend most of your time being aware of your breath?  I've been trying for weeks, forgetting again and again. looking back I can say that I didn't really try very hard. like I didn't try my very best.. maybe your success story con motivate me xD

@phoenix666 I honestly dont remember, i mean, i used to try to say to myself its just a thought, that didnt work You just got to try, after some time it will might work, they say it takes 2-3 weeks to establish a habit

@Ether I have already told you in previous topic. Start meditating using alfa and theta brain waves 3 times a week, I have a playlist to some of these meditations in my enlightened guide 2. 

Also The new research says it takes 66 days on average to form a habit. Depending on a habit it might take less or more. The trick is to do it every day, because that is how the subconscious mind is reprogrammed.