egoless

Why do appearences exist?

80 posts in this topic

@Faceless An appearance is not a product of thought. A thought is one kind of appearance. You can stop thinking and appearances will still arise. Give it a try.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I’m speaking of the appearence in the sense of an image or impression  

Du u mean appearence as in a feature or action/process ?

Edited by Faceless

lol give it a try 

If the thinker is thought how do u personaly stop thinking? 

Edited by Faceless

5 hours ago, egoless said:

Yesterday me and my friend smoked some weed and I offered her to watch Leo's last video. After we discussed and she made several points and I kinda agree with her. First of all she said: "I can touch the wall and it is solid. - So far this is my proof that the universe may be material." Leo is not Enlightened yet as he says so what is your proof Leo? Also you did not bring any solid proof that brain does not exist actually. You just made counter statement without any proofs or did I miss something?

Leo talks about this issue in the video.  Just because the paradigm of Materialism is false doesn’t take away the patterns that the experiences have .  In other words, the experiences still obey certain patterns.  For example, if you don’t protect the brain, you will experience the appearances of living with brain damage.  Even dreams have this kind of structure amongst the appearances as Leo mentions in the video.  Even after you are awakened a bunch, you can’t just fly through walls now.  But that doesn’t mean the paradigm of Materialism is true.  No paradigm is ever true.  That’s the deeper issue you gotta grok.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Joseph Maynor @Leo Gura You know what makes me suspicious the most? How the fk everything is so precisly and mathematically calculated in this world if there is no reason? If this is only illusion why does bee know how to create honey? Why does earth turn around the sun in the perfect distance for the living conditions. Why there is no just random illusion happening and why there is such a connected system. No guys... there should be a deeper meaning to all these. And I am sure there should be an answer on the question why?

Edited by egoless

25 minutes ago, egoless said:

@Joseph Maynor @Leo Gura You know what makes me suspicious the most? How the fk everything is so precisly and mathematically calculated in this world if there is no reason? If this is only illusion why does bee know how to create honey? Why does earth turn around the sun in the perfect distance for the living conditions. Why there is no just random illusion happening and why there is such a connected system. No guys... there should be a deeper meaning to all these. And I am sure there should be an answer on the question why?

Who said an illusion can't make sense ?

You, your ego assumes that because it needs an another argument, because
HEY, I NEED PROBLEMS, I CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT PROBLEMS HELP MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW all  your dreams makes perfect sense when you are in them, yet they are still illusions ...

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

Shin

They don't make perfect sense and I sometimes lucid dream. I sometimes can tell that I am dreaming. Sure you can explain like that everything - screaming hey why can't it? Just take as it is! Lol you remind me another religious fanatic. Instead of contemplating and going deeper you just blindly take what you are told!

Edited by egoless

@egoless sometimes we are two opposite paradigms away from a double flip of what can become true. 

“This is the real secret of life -- to be completely engaged with what you are doing in the here and now. And instead of calling it work, realize it is play.”

― Alan W. Watts

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@egoless Rewatch "Leo hits rock bottom". Our "non dual awareness universe" is a small blob in absolute infinity of everything. It happens to be curious as to itself and kneads itself into all sort of things to play/investigate/etc. To start getting specifics you need to be "more gifted" - like that 18 year old enlightened guy here or the writer of "My big TOE". I can only take those things on pure faith. But hey, openmindedness!!

1 minute ago, Alex K said:

@egoless Rewatch "Leo hits rock bottom". Our "non dual awareness universe" is a small blob in absolute infinity of everything. It happens to be curious as to itself and kneads itself into all sort of things to play/investigate/etc. To start getting specifics you need to be "more gifted" - like that 18 year old enlightened guy here or the writer of "My big TOE". I can only take those things on pure faith. But hey, openmindedness!!

Faith is your problem. Faith is why you are not gifted yet... Think about that. 

Curious to itself - you say that as if reality is living entity who can be curious about something.

Faith here is a figure of speech.

Calling something living does not give it any serious distinction in conversation like we have here.

Read couple points at "If you are thinking "Why would I  listen to this random guy?", I will point out a few reasons:" paragraph

Edited by Alex K

if you believe in magic, why don't your believe in god then? What makes magic better to believe than the god?

- Well that depends on what you call God. 

- Magic is just a word to describe any mystical phenomena and permanent "part of human condition" among universal impermanence is sure mystical.

- And as per openmindedness - we do not have to believe anything - just hold as a tentative hypothesis.

Edited by Alex K

16 hours ago, Shin said:

The problem is that you want proofs

this is a funny statement, a teacher trying to tell a student that they are the problem. very ironic!

edit: teacher and student as in, role-wise. no one hired shin to teach anything here xD we are all eachotehrs teachers at times and eachouthers students at times

Edited by alyra

@Alex K OK let me tell you what I call the god and why do I consider some of Christianity teachings the closest to the Truth. I consider god to be ultimately being consciousness which exists infinitely. It created the reality within itself and separation within itself to experience something rather than nothing. However the ultimate reason of his creation is love and life - thus experience. That's why I think that there is ultimate good and evil. Killing is ultimate evil because it is opposite of love and life - thus experience. However, Leo described this differently. Here I don't agree with him.

@Nahm I think you would agree with me.

16 hours ago, egoless said:

He is witty enough to avoid major pitfalls.

which also means, witty enough to fall for even bigger ones, be careful ;)

seek external influences to guide you, but ultimately the answers lie within. it is good to ask questions, and it is good to challenge claims/assumptions/beliefs/etc

2 minutes ago, alyra said:

which also means, witty enough to fall for even bigger ones, be careful ;)

seek external influences to guide you, but ultimately the answers lie within. it is good to ask questions, and it is good to challenge claims/assumptions/beliefs/etc

I make these discussion topics to challenge not only others but my beliefs and assumptions in the first place. I am inventing the devil's advocate. Devil also has right to have an advocate is not that so? :) 

The Truth is known when you challenge yourself. You guys are just supporting extra of these discussions of me with myself.