egoless

Why do appearences exist?

80 posts in this topic

Leo in his new video talks about appearences taking place into nothingness. But then the question arises why do these appearances exist at all? Shouldn't there be only pure nothingness - aka no appearence at all? Why did first appearence took the place at all?

the ultimate question here is why? And your answer is because. But it does not explain anything at all.

Edited by egoless

Anything we say is dualistic because language is inherently dualistic.  Anytime you advance a thought, that thought-story is a dualistic projection upon non-dual reality.  All language in Enlightenment is metaphorical at best.  Theory is tricky in Enlightenment — it’s both useful and useless at the same time.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Joseph Maynor yes but I doubt that after Enlightenment you will know the answer on that question. It seems like the question without the answer. Then again if there is a question without the answer even after Enlightenment then maybe we are missing something here?

How could you love yourself if you don't know what you are ?

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

Appearances are a sort of metaphor of the self. Like: "I can be this, and this, and this, and this, and this, and this, and this, and this, and this, and this, ad infinitum". Nothingness, or the self, being pure potentiality, experiencing love with it's potential actualized. But really, what I just said is  bullshit. The only correct answer would be "why not?". That's why they call it the divine play of lila. It's just a play, entertainment, total mystery. It is very very strange that anything happens. The thinking process wants to avoid this grotesque strangeness of "wtf? why??!" because that would destroy all it's games of pretending control and knowing something. You will never be able to cover up the strangeness with a story that makes sense

@egoless There is no why existence exists. Existence simply exists. It always existed and it always will exist, because it is existing right now. 

Without appearance, you wouldn't be able to differentiate between good and bad, and so the preservation of life, would not be possible. Simple as that. 

Questions like why and how only take place inside the mind. The only important existential question is WHAT?

None of you know what you are talking about. Or at least it very much seems so... 

6 minutes ago, egoless said:

None of you know what you are talking about. . 

thats the whole point. Nobody knows anything. Not even so called nonduality teachers. How can anybody know anything about your current experience/life right now? nobody has been there yet. nobody has been you yet

2 minutes ago, Echoes said:

thats the whole point. Nobody knows anything. Not even so called nonduality teachers. How can anybody know anything about your current experience/life right now? nobody has been there yet. nobody has been you yet

No. That is BS as well. You say that from a separation point. In fact there is no your and mine experience there is just an experience...

@egoless

1 minute ago, egoless said:

In fact there is no your and mine experience there is just an experience...

In fact, or do you just believe this because someone told you? How do you know absolutely that there is no different experience than yours happening?

19 minutes ago, Echoes said:

@egoless

In fact, or do you just believe this because someone told you? How do you know absolutely that there is no different experience than yours happening?

There might be some degree of belief since I haven't yet reach full realization. However I've had profound glimpses of no self.

Edited by egoless

@egoless You think there is no separation in experiencing. Yet you ask your appearances the question of why appearances exist. How could your appearances have an answer to what they are to you or why they are existing? All these appearances could do is generate more appearances in form of the "alphabet" for you.

Edited by Echoes

3 hours ago, egoless said:

why do these appearances exist at all?

They don't.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Do disappearances exist, too? Or should I say did they.....since, well... you know.....

21 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

They don't.

Helping people to become happy with the way they look is the core of my impact statement...send help xD

Edited by Jedd

13 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

They don't.

Then what do you mean by - only hallucinations and appearences exist in your video?

It would be great if you made the video about existence and non-existence and how there is no difference between those two.

Edited by egoless

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

They don't.

For them not existing, they seem to be insanely consistent, describable, and predictable illusions