Joseph Maynor

I Came Up With A Test For High-Consciousness Meat Eating; We Massively Lack Awareness On This Issue

106 posts in this topic

I am quite surprised that NOBODY talks about ecology here. All the comments are about killing animals and if it is moral but there is actually one more argument for not eating meat and dairy and that is ecology. Most of the humanity's carbon footprint comes from livestock. Also, most of our agriculture is not for us, it is for the animals that we eat after that. This is, of course, inefficient and there is energy lost in this process. Not only that the animals suffer, it is simply unsustainable because it takes so much place, destroys biodiversity and in the ends leads to our doom, think about that too people!

When it rains, it pours like hell.
-Insomnium

My blog: dragallur.wordpress.com

Imagine you haven't eaten anything for 7 days straight. You're craving something to eat. Anything.
Suddenly you find yourself immersed in a big garden with beautiful flowers, trees and nature all around. It's warm. The sun is shining, the birds are singing. The sky is blue. In the middle of the garden is a big outdoor kitchen with all tools you could wish to cook anything you want. Around you there are crops with all kinds of vegetables, potatoes, broccoli, carrots, celery, nuts, rice, cabbage, onion, tomatos, cucumbers, artichokes, beans, squash, fruits, apples, bananas, pears, grapes, berries. Also around you are going free cows and pigs. There are also all the tools you'd need to kill those big animals including loaded pistols or whatever method you'd like.
What will you do to satisfy your hunger? What will anyone do?

Edited by WaveInTheOcean

Can you bite your own teeth?  --  “What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.

TXruZgpUVuOdIam-800x450-noPad.jpg?146477 

Your average pig farm in Europe. This picture is from Italy. A friend of mine said it reminded her of The Matrix (the scenes where humans are unconsciously kept alive and used to generate energy for the robots).

Edited by WaveInTheOcean

Can you bite your own teeth?  --  “What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.

@Toby
"In fact, you could reframe being a meat-eater that - unlike vegetarians / vegans - you help that animals are being born that otherwise would not exist." 

This is one of the most retarded lines of text I have ever read on this forum. Must be nice being born a pig on such a pig farm huh?;) 

Edited by WaveInTheOcean

16 hours ago, Haumea said:

I think most people would prefer suicide over 3 cups of beans every day.

And I'm not sure all vegans out there have the will for same.

At some point it feels like you hate yourself.

Nuts, dark chocolate, potatoes, many vegetables (especially leafy greens), whole grains also have decent iron content. It's no problem for a vegan to stay "well-ironated". However, young women who menstruate quite heavily should consider supplementing with iron.

Edited by WaveInTheOcean

5 minutes ago, Toby said:

@WaveInTheOcean as I said: I heard this perspective from a spiritual master. And no, we were not talking about how animals are treated but about eating meat.

"

And no, we were not talking about how animals are treated but about eating meat."

I think these two things go very much together, don't you? :-) Unless you, as Leo says, go out in the woods and hunt birds on your own.

Edited by WaveInTheOcean

Just now, WaveInTheOcean said:

"I think these two things go very much together, don't you? :-)

Yes, that is what you think. In my view there is a huge difference how animals are treated. You can find more local farms where you can actually see how the animals are treated, pigs for example. Not everything is the same.

12 minutes ago, Toby said:

Yes, that is what you think. In my view there is a huge difference how animals are treated. You can find more local farms where you can actually see how the animals are treated, pigs for example. Not everything is the same.

I agree, pigs on cozy local farms, where they are allowed to go out on big fields in the actual nature under the sky, those pigs have better lives than your average porksteak in the counter. However, this raises another issue. If all eaten pork in the world came from such local farms, we humans would have to leave this planet and find another one to live on, because there wouldn't be space for us, at least not any space to grow crops to feed us.
There are fucking 800 million pigs alive in the world right now. A typical pig is slaugthered when they are around 6 months old. Quick math: There are slaughted around 1,5 billion pigs each year worldwide. It's fucking unbeliveable. I live in Denmark. The human population here is around 6 million. It's a small country. The pig population is 13 million. Where are they all? Locked up in small factory farms. I'm disgusted.

Edited by WaveInTheOcean

Try to see you in everything. 

At least fuckin try.

If you still have a brain, maybe don’t shove a cow up in it. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Toby 

you help that animals are being born that otherwise would not exist.

So if you create life then you have the right to take it then?
Let's say you make a child and then kill it when it's 5 years old and use the same argument. "Well if it weren't for me the child wouldn't have existed in the first place, I gave it 5 years". Or try using the argument with a dog or a a cat.

Why isn't it ok to eat meat but ok to eat plants (also alive)?

There's absolutely no reason to think that plants feel pain and have an interest to live.
Even if they did it would still be less suffering if everyone ate plants because then we don't have to feed as many animals with it first.

@Soulbass 

Killing animals is ok.

You can kill animals with the intent of love.

A leopard killing a doe, both agreed to have this experience.

It's about being, not doing.

This was not serious right? :P

"Maybe aliens is sitting somewhere up there looking at this at like a video feed and jerking off to it. You don't know!" - Leo Gura, 2018

8 minutes ago, Nahm said:

Try to see you in everything. 

At least fuckin try.

If you still have a brain, maybe don’t shove a cow up in it. 

Did you guys know that Hitler was vegetarian? Now... imagine he would have been even vegan.

Edited by Toby

@Joseph Maynor This might interest you: 

"Maybe aliens is sitting somewhere up there looking at this at like a video feed and jerking off to it. You don't know!" - Leo Gura, 2018

1 hour ago, WaveInTheOcean said:

TXruZgpUVuOdIam-800x450-noPad.jpg?146477 

Your average pig farm in Europe. This picture is from Italy. A friend of mine said it reminded her of The Matrix (the scenes where humans are unconsciously kept alive and used to generate energy for the robots).

5127.gif

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

Wanna really know what you want in your life? What you really really really want? Go work in a cow factory for a few months. 

You create your own reality. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

On 2017-11-27 at 7:45 AM, Joseph Maynor said:

TEST: Let's say you had to keep every animal you ate as a pet for 3 months before you could eat it,

A famous swedish comedian (Henrik Schyffert) is actually doing this test in an upcoming tv-show were he´s gonna live with 2 pigs in his apartment in Stockholm.

https://www.svt.se/kottets-lustar/

14 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

The problem isn't so much about the eating of meat, it's about the way meat is obtained, through terrible factory farming.

If you were in a rain forest hunting for wild birds, that would be a totally different story.

This could also be said about sexual needs/desires, too. If it's consensual between capable individuals it's one story but if it's predatory abuse, rape or molesting with the non consensual, incapable or children it's another thing altogether. Would you agree?

Edited by SOUL