Joseph Maynor

I Came Up With A Test For High-Consciousness Meat Eating; We Massively Lack Awareness On This Issue

106 posts in this topic

I'm willing to bet good money that 99.99% of us are low-consciousness meat eaters.  We permit the Ego to continue to hide the ball on this issue.  We don't want to become fully aware of this issue because it's really ugly, and subconsciously we know that.  And our Karmas are getting blasted for it too.  It's a really sneaky problem that most of us are not fully conscious of.  Let's each resolve to fix that, maybe not here, but for yourself moving forward.  Let's raise the issue to the light of awareness.

TEST: Let's say you had to keep every animal you ate as a pet for 3 months before you could eat it, and you had to kill each one, clean it, cook it, and eat it yourself.  With that level of awareness, would you still continue to choose to eat the dead muscles of those animals?  What the hell are we doing?  Think about it.  We lack awareness on this subject big-time.   I'm not a vegetarian, I'm just raising the issue.

And you can't use a gun for the killings either because that's too chicken-shit easy -- it can be done at a distance which obscures awareness.  You gotta use another method to kill the animals.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Good... Good... young Padawan. You're starting to see the devil in you. The devil loves to lurk in the shadows of unconsciousness.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

2 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:

I'm willing to bet good money that 99.99% of us are low-consciousness meat eaters.  We permit the Ego to continue to hide the ball on this issue.  We don't want to become fully aware of this issue because it's really ugly, and subconsciously we know that.  And our Karmas are getting blasted for it too.  It's a really sneaky problem that most of us are not fully conscious of.  Let's each resolve to fix that, maybe not here, but for yourself moving forward.  Let's raise the issue to the light of awareness.

TEST: Let's say you had to keep every animal you ate as a pet for 3 months before you could eat it, and you had to kill each one, clean it, cook it, and eat it yourself.  With that level of awareness, would you still continue to choose to eat the dead muscles of those animals?  What the hell are we doing?  Think about it.  We lack awareness on this subject big-time.   I'm not a vegetarian, I'm just raising the issue.

And you can't use a gun for the killings either because that's too chicken-shit easy -- it can be done at a distance which obscures awareness.  You gotta use another method to kill the animals.

That's incredible, just yesterday I was walking the streets and thought about how to tell people not to eat chicken, because I've had roosters as pets before and they are the sweetest pets ever! They are peaceful creatures and if you have them from when they are young, they will not fear you. (If you give them love)

This thought particularly made me sad: "I want to buy a pet chicken, but they only sell dead ones... Who needs a dead chicken? No love can be given, no love can be received..."

Suppose Love is real, and let's assume reality is unreal. Suppose we discover that the building block of reality is real Love, that means our assumption was wrong and reality is actually not unreal. Reality is real, if everything we supposed is true. I'm not going to say if it is or not.

In many cases without having raised it for meat it couldn't live a physical life here though, but it's not really a minimalist/sustainable thing.

Animal abuse is a whole different matter of course which is where most meat comes from.

Meat eating has nothing to do with "high" or "low" consciousness. In fact, you could reframe being a meat-eater that - unlike vegetarians / vegans - you help that animals are being born that otherwise would not exist.

5 minutes ago, Toby said:

you help that animals are being born that otherwise would not exist.

You're joking, right?

@Toby are you speaking from personal experience? If so, how many days did you meditate, self inquire & not eat meat? (Sugar too if you’re interested in sharing)

and you did not notice a substantial boost in energy?

a way better night’s sleep?

Far less reactional behavior & thinking?

shocking increase in clarity?

all vitals move towards a healthier happier longer life?

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Joseph Maynor great post. Sounds like you’re focused and making serious progress. Would you care to share your plan to increase your consciousness? - steps you’re taking to eat clean. I think a lot of people would benefit from your level of self honesty here, but may not know how to ‘beat the meat’. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nathalie @Nahm no I'm not joking. Hey, I'm not eating meat most of the time. But I have nothing against it. In fact, why is it such a "right" and "wrong" issue? Why isn't it ok to eat meat but ok to eat plants (also alive)? What exactly has "self-inquiry" to do with not eating meat? It has nothing to do with on another. There are plenty of spiritual people that eat meat. Even spiritual teachers. In fact, the "reframing" from above is from a teacher I know that used to eat meat.

@Nahm there is no reason for it. I don't control it or try to. I don't like the taste most of the time. But I like it sometimes, like 4-5 times a month or so. It just happens that way. I don't have any plan or agenda.

12 minutes ago, Outer said:

unless you eat oreo cookies and french fries all day. If you do that take a multivitamin too.

Just don't do that, there should be no exception.

When it rains, it pours like hell.
-Insomnium

My blog: dragallur.wordpress.com

And feed yourself with the inner light

But multi vitamins are not a good replacement for eating healthy

I only consume fish meat. Most of the time, I don't eat any meat but I when I do, I enjoy it.

A lot of meat has toxins in it so it needs to be eaten in moderation.

I think that your blood type plays a vital role in the decision if you should go with meat or not. 

Most Muslim kids suffer severe trauma from "sacrifice feast". I remember feeding the sheep and giving names to them, only for being made to watch while my grandfather "sacrificed" them. Very very painful. I couldn't eat that, and at the age of 20, I became a vegetarian. (I actually eat meat now but in moderation. Supplementing doesn't seem like a solution to me at this point of my life, but we'll see what future brings)

My mom never let us keep pets when I was a child. Later on, I learnt that she kept two hens as pets for quite some time, they were very smart and recognized my mom. Then one day, she comes home and sees my grandfather is cooking them because their legs were frozen. What a trauma :( 

@Toby I primery refered to :

6 hours ago, Toby said:

you help that animals are being born that otherwise would not exist

I don't mind if you eat animals or not.. maybe it's possible to be aware of what you're doing and accept it.. Don't know.. for me it doesn't work.. 

What I meant was: I think it's incredible to pretend that they have to be happy for their life !! 

Or are all this reportages faked where you can observe how they are treated until..?