youngshinzen

Healing 2018 - What can I do?

33 posts in this topic

@youngshinzen They say that affirmations work best first thing in the morning and right before going to bed. Today I listened to it first thing in the morning upon waking and it seemed to have a more profound effect than usual. 

The kingdom of heaven is within.

@youngshinzen not sure if it matters. I find the one that I posted particularly comprehensive and good. If you can find any good ones in German then give it a try. 

some thoughts: they say that meditation is the great eraser, erasing your thoughts and leaving an empty space. With this in mind, I started with ten minutes of meditation then switched to ten minutes of the affirmations while lying down. It was very pleasant and powerful. I'm not sure what the lingering effects will be, but during the affirmation session, it was very nice. I am planning on continuing this.

I noticed in your original post that you do an hour of meditation daily. What I find is that I can get amazing lasting effects from only ten minutes of meditation. 

@youngshinzen

“A person is but the product of their thoughts. What they think, they become.”Mahatma Gandhi

I find multiple shorter meditations or activities that put you in a mindfulness state of complete presence throughout the day is more effective than longer once a day type. Introduce Adaptogenic herbs into your life, much better than medication and no nasty negative side effects. Also limit exposure to social/mainstream media, tv smart devices/screens in general and get into books and spend more time in nature, sunlight, grounding-barefoot ect.. amazing healing potential.

complete-guide-to-adapt4t4togens.jpg

http://helloglow.co/what-are-adaptogens/

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

@Colin Thanks I‘ll keep that in mind. I also do two shorter breathing sessions, but I find that it improves my discipline a lot when I do these long crosslegged sessions and also: time passes much more slowly. 

@pluto Thanks I‘ll try some of them.

On 26/11/2017 at 9:21 PM, youngshinzen said:

growing depression and then spiritual awakening/manic phase in 2015 (realising determinism, totally changed my perspective on life)

On 26/11/2017 at 9:21 PM, youngshinzen said:

My new values and identity (post awakening/determinism) work good for me now

i don't think you know what you're talking about when you say "determinism" like that. it seems more like a destructive belief.

watch this:

unborn Truth

I woul me recommend more cardio exercise, running especially.

@ajasatya What do you think I mean when I say determinism?? 

@Spiral I had an accident, can‘t run anymore. That‘s why I swim, but I‘ll definitely work more on that, thanks.

16 minutes ago, youngshinzen said:

@ajasatya What do you think I mean when I say determinism??

some kind of fucked up disempowering belief about no free will

unborn Truth

@ajasatya The insight was, that there‘s a reason for everything. 

What if life is really predestined, would you have a problem with that? I wouldn‘t.

Edited by youngshinzen