Jonson

I distracted myself from doing homework , so i wrote this

9 posts in this topic

It's long but not that long... Whenever I watch these actualized videos I feel a need to share it with everybody . I feel like all my past intuitions and questionings are kind of validated . I always try to share these videos with others , but they tend to dismiss me by rationalizing , and saying that i shouldn't philosophize that much , i should be more realistic. For example in school , I try to convince my teachers that the way they teach is not leading to understanding but rather memorization of "facts" ... and that the proper way would be to tell us that we have all these systems based upon concepts that people came up with to help us in conceptualizing reality. They should be honest . I probably just want my ideas to be validated by others because i'm unsure because i haven't actually done the work - i am not accepting reality. A few days and I'm 17 ... I'm probably addicted to masturbation , i mean i do it daily once ... i don't know for sure if that's a problem ... and i am not practical enough in my life ... I haven't had a girlfriend although i had many occasions : I have a lot of attributes which make girls like me ... but i just had this fear , that I am different ... and that they are living in a bubble of stupid assumptions ... another problem that i faced was the different humor that they had ... it felt so normie-like , average , not creative . And usually when i see people making jokes ... they are not really laughing ... just like haha in a superficial way ... I like it when people can't stop laughing , i don't think that laughing about "retarded shit" makes people stupid . I think people laugh when they hear , see .. something unexpected ... so when i see people laughing at normie jokes ... i feel like they are really limited . And there is a girl in my class ... who i really really like even after 1 and a half year after she got a boyfriend ... she has kind of everything ... i feel like we really connected emotionally and intellectually on a deeper level , but i was too much of a pussy back then to actually tell her how i felt ,i mean she knew back then , and she knows now , but i didn't initiate a relationship so she got a boyfriend . A boyfriend that is similar to me .. someone i would hang out with . OO boi - I know I should just find another girl , watch PUAs , focus on learning , implementing habits and detaching from the conditioning ... I've tried to make lots of plans on how i'm how i'm going to become a life master , master in everything... and conceptually it is still there and even practically i had many SUCCESSES in being social , smart , implementing mediation , etc.. But i still don't have girlfriend . Any advice or perspective on my story ? thanks :) Also i am very chaotic in general .. although I'm trying to put it all together somehow.

from Europe :)

Edited by Jonson

I like your excitement about doing this work.  The best thing you can do right now is implement a daily meditation habit for 30 minutes each day.  Meditation is kinda magical in that a lot of your neuroses will drop away over time, and the neuroses are what are really holding you back.  Meditation slowly chips away at that problem for you.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Not trying to offend you, but you have to respect other people here. We are spending our time to read what you wanted to communicate and I simply don't understand reason of this topic. Maybe it's just me, but if not, then what's the point? Think about this.

You are 17 yo and I hope you will comeback here and see your topic after few years from now, realizing how much progress you made over those years.

@Joseph Maynor replied to you politely advicing meditation trying to catch one of the things you mentioned. I would say that peace of mind is what I wish for you, that this peace will come with experience and self development, cause you are on good path. 

• You don't need to convince anyone that what you learned is true. 
  • Don't let others people agenda override your agenda, if somebody wants to simply dismiss you for petty reasons ignore it
  • If you suspect masturbation is your addiction don't masturbate for at least one week, if cravings arise - you are addicted and do something about it
  • Girlfriend problem will gain it owns perspective over time, you'll see - at least I wish it will for you

Don't be angry about my reply, here you have some words from older guy. Wish everything the best for you.

1 hour ago, Dominik Drums said:

Not trying to offend you, but you have to respect other people here. We are spending our time to read what you wanted to communicate and I simply don't understand reason of this topic. Maybe it's just me, but if not, then what's the point? Think about this.

You are 17 yo and I hope you will comeback here and see your topic after few years from now, realizing how much progress you made over those years.

@Joseph Maynor replied to you politely advicing meditation trying to catch one of the things you mentioned. I would say that peace of mind is what I wish for you, that this peace will come with experience and self development, cause you are on good path. 

• You don't need to convince anyone that what you learned is true. 
  • Don't let others people agenda override your agenda, if somebody wants to simply dismiss you for petty reasons ignore it
  • If you suspect masturbation is your addiction don't masturbate for at least one week, if cravings arise - you are addicted and do something about it
  • Girlfriend problem will gain it owns perspective over time, you'll see - at least I wish it will for you

Don't be angry about my reply, here you have some words from older guy. Wish everything the best for you.

Thank you for your response :) Yes I know there is no strong reason for making this topic , and now that think about it , I'm really sorry if i wasted your time :(:) I was very selfish , only thinking about myself :)) me me me ... thoughts thoughts thoughts /// worry worry worry ...

"but they tend to dismiss me by rationalizing , and saying that i shouldn't philosophize that much , i should be more realistic. For example in school , I try to convince my teachers that the way they teach is not leading to understanding but rather memorization of "facts" "

You have two options: either you join a group in your class or you will be a lone wolf. Also, don't try to rationalize people into PD and self-actualization and the mindset of the work. You need to accept school as it is, learn for the sake of learning. 

And YES, there are other girls, not just her. So if she has a boyfriend, gtfo and try to search for and seduce another girl. If you want a girlfriend there is no reason to just wait for her. 

Spirituality is any movement towards the Unnamable. Everything is spiritual.

The only true way out Resistance is going into it because any way out of it is staying in it.

The purest life possible is surrendering to the Absolute.

Ye when I just started personal development and meditation, there was this deep urge within me to tell everyone about it. After all, what you are doing here is very profound and life-changing.

Turns out it is not worth the trouble and discussion to convince someone to throw their life around. They'd have to experience for themselves how amazing this is, otherwise their minds will stay closed to the concept. If people are interested into what you are doing and see that you are changing in a good way, they will come to you eventually. Just let it happen 

Edit: Oh ye, and like Arnold says, there will be a lot of people telling you that what you are doing is stupid and invaluable. Don't listen to the naysayers. Do you.

"Discover yourself,

Otherwise you have to depend on other people's opinions who don't know themselves."

-Osho

Edited by Max_V

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus

3 minutes ago, Max_V said:

Ye when I just started personal development and meditation, there was this deep urge within me to tell everyone about it. After all, what you are doing here is very profound and life-changing.

Turns out it is not worth the trouble and discussion to convince someone to throw their life around. They'd have to experience for themselves how amazing this is, otherwise their minds will stay closed to the concept. If people are interested into what you are doing and see that you are changing in a good way, they will come to you eventually. Just let it happen 

Sometimes I feel like a guy from a cult when I have to hold back my opinion on this stuff around family/friends/strangers. xD

It's also kinda sad, I feel more and more alienated. Its hard o find like minded people near you. 

@Marco_the_Ape Ye that's true. Exactly why I joined a Zen meditation group and am regularly on the forum ;) 

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus

21 hours ago, Jonson said:

For example in school , I try to convince my teachers that the way they teach is not leading to understanding but rather memorization of "facts" ... and that the proper way would be to tell us that we have all these systems based upon concepts that people came up with to help us in conceptualizing reality.

IF you know it better, why still in school? 

do your own thing if you want

- you can´t change the system if you try to concinve your teacher, don´t be so critical