cosmicrays

Reveleations : Being Controlled By a Feeling

11 posts in this topic

That was the name I put in my diary prior to writing this up here too. 

First, I want to say I'm sorry if this is not the right section to post my thread. 

It all started yesterday, going out with old friends whom I haven't seen in a while and deciding to smoke weed together.

In the beginning it was alright, everything was under my control but then I lost the control and my whole experience got screwed up. However, during that trip I sank too much in my head and received some insights about me.

I realized that I'm 24/7 caught/trapped/dominated by a some sort of fear and that I'm locked in my head and cannot consciously access my heart.

I can best describe this feeling as blocking my ability to feel relaxed, to be spontaneous and having intimacy with others, ultimately having better relationships with people overall. Like with this feeling my attention is constantly on me and not on other people. Something that I should mention is that I believe that this feeling that governs my state of being is suppressing my ability to evoke memories about myself. 

Need your input on this. If I can be helped I would be more than grateful if you share your comments. 

Edited by cosmicrays

I was and am in the same situation but now is much less intense. Its a process that takes time for your ego to see its not scary at all to open up. Just continue your meditation practices, chose easier situations to open up or do/say something you are afraid - where you still feel fear but its not so big so you'll have smaller barrier to say it. Dont worry if you feel stuck in saying something just be aware and let go. It takes time so dont blame yourself, try to accept it and take small opportunities to grow, later when you feel more confident you'll be able to say/do things that were more afraid of. Good luck :)

Feels familiar.

Mindfullness, focused attention can be a good exercise. Stare a chair for 30 min without judgements. Try do same with people, i mean not to stare them for 30 min. This is pretty good advice also:

@cosmicrays Yes, of course. All your energy is blocked up. Your heart chakra is closed.

It's a hell of a thing to unblock your heart charka. You feel like a brand new person afterwards. Like your whole body freed up.

Unconsciousness doesn't just reside in the head, your entire body is physically blocked up, from head to toe.

Emotions do not reside in the head, they are carried mostly by your body. Anger, fear, guilt, sadness, etc. That's all in your body.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

11 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

@cosmicrays Yes, of course. All your energy is blocked up. Your heart chakra is closed.

It's a hell of a thing to unblock your heart charka. You feel like a brand new person afterwards. Like your whole body freed up.

Unconsciousness doesn't just reside in the head, your entire body is physically blocked up, from head to toe.

Emotions do not reside in the head, they are carried mostly by your body. Anger, fear, guilt, sadness, etc. That's all in your body.

To be fair Leo, by reading some of your posts you have a limited understanding of anatomy, physiology and muscle coordination.

I would rather say: learn alignment and how to activate the right support muscles. People being very tense in their bodies are mostly working with trying to relax or getting "mind-detox"/spiritual purification, while the solution for tensing can be somewhere totally else.

Learn to sit on your sitting bones, learn alignment, learn which muscles are used for support like Transversus, Popeliteus, Serratious Anterior, Illiacus etc, how to activate them (most people have a dysfunctional use and rarely use them enough) and which muscles to relax more (read MORE not totally) like Quadriceps, Rectus Abdominus, Rhombideus major and minor etc.. Until you've spent some good time learning how it works together and learn how to active the right muscles, feel the distincions etc - until then, there will always be something that doesn't feel optimal in your body and tense, no matter how enlightened and blissed you are. Lol, just look at Eckhart Tolle.. Enlightenment, chakras and spiritual purification didn't fix his posture.

People have a tendency to associate feelings with the heart and thoughts with the head but really both thoughts and emotions take place throughout the body. Even your own words talk about a "feeling" that prevents you from being as you wish to be.... but if your "heart is blocked" then where did this feeling come from? You see, it's not as it appears.

What is happening is that you have emotions and thoughts to which you place your attention on so that these becomes more prominent and empowered in your consciousness. So, place your attention on thoughts and emotions that you wish to become more powerful in you and when your self conscious, otherwise called ego, tries to remind you of those thoughts and feelings from the past attempting to convince are "yours"... do not agree. Again, instead place your attention on the thoughts and emotions you wish to bring to light in you, this is how you will transform your consciousness.

It will take some time and just like a seed planted in the ground doesn't bear fruit overnight but eventually your work will bear fruit in you, in your consciousness.

Edited by SOUL

@Leo Gura I've actually thought about that same thing of having my heart chakra blocked on numerous ocassions! I've a really hard time connecting with other people. And from my observations, I'm unconscious of my entire body. 

@art Will look into that. I love trying new things. Thank you.

@SOUL Thank. You.

On 11/27/2017 at 2:30 AM, Leo Gura said:

I have noticed over the last few years since specific things have come up in my life that my body is completely tense, unable to relax. It is like my body is caving in if that makes any sense. I can't change it with meditation or really any techniques. The funny thing is this doesn't change at all when I run, even the times I run and I feel like I am going to pass out but I keep going to reach my predetermined distance. It is pretty crazy, So I do think this is something to look into if anyone here is noticing it. I mean it doesn't really bother me or anything but maybe it bothers other people here.

On 27.11.2017 at 8:30 AM, Leo Gura said:

and how do you unblock your heart chakra ?

@artPlease, expand on Eckhart Tolle. I want to hear more. 

Edited by cosmicrays