Ascend

Has anyone completely healed their anxiety?

42 posts in this topic

If so, can you share what worked and your experiences.

@Ascend yes. i've done it through a solid commitment to 24/7 practice of mindfulness/zen. i can't say that i am a monk because i am engaged and i'll marry and have kids soon. but i sit, walk, talk, eat and think like One.

Edited by ajasatya

unborn Truth

5 hours ago, ajasatya said:

@Ascend yes. i've done it through a solid commitment to 24/7 practice of mindfulness/zen. i can't say that i am a monk because i am engaged and i'll marry and have kids soon. but i sit, walk, talk, eat and think like One.

Nice :D That's dedication. Your story seems pretty interesting. May I ask how bad your anxiety was though?

1 minute ago, Ascend said:

Your story seems pretty interesting. May I ask how bad your anxiety was though?

i used to run on the streets around 2~3 am, shirtless and barefoot.
not to exercise, but because i just couldn't stand still.

unborn Truth

@Ascend 4 different anxiety / depression pills at once and was around 60 pounds overweight at one point. Now, I don’t even really remember that. It feels like someone else’s past. I credit trying pills & therapists, a ton of anger & resentment towards everything, then getting sick of nothing working and realizing I had to do something about it myself, then meditation, exercise, healthy eating, and Leo fuckin with me about free will. ????

@ajasatya I’m glad you clarified ‘not to exercise’. I was going to ask. ❤️?

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Just investigate what anxiety is. What is the driving force or root. Where does this movment of thought come from? Could it be desire? Who or what is the entity that is anxious? Is this feeling of anxiousness a symptom of thought that is a direct expression of an impression or expectation of what we think should be? 

Maybe a good start is realizing that thought is the cause of anxiety. 

It has been said that nothing is good or bad but thinking makes it so. Who ever said this was on to something. 

My condition is not well hence wanted help, I am just an Indian citizen in 12th grade in need of desperate help...

Mindfulness or mindlessness? 

Which one seems more accurate? Lol

20 minutes ago, Ryan_047 said:

@ajasatya could you please give a little more detail on that? Mindfulness and Zen.What have you done exactly?

i went to retreats to see how days in a monastery feel like so i would be able to gradually transform my life in a monastery. now i practice mindfulness from the moment i wake up to the moment i go to sleep.

unborn Truth

I'd suggest to check out these books:
- https://www.amazon.com/dp/1893840263/: this shows different ways ego plays out - also regarding fear, so you don't take it personally. you can also see that people where anxiety isn't that of an issue might have different issues like pride.
- https://www.amazon.com/dp/1556439431/: is all about mechanics of trauma and it's symptoms which anxiety might be a part of

Edited by Toby

5 hours ago, ZX_man said:

I never stopped.

19 hours ago, Mridul Jain said:

My condition is not well hence wanted help, I am just an Indian citizen in 12th grade in need of desperate help...

Anxiety is the gap between the NOW and the THEN. So if you are in the NOW, you can't be anxious, because your excitement flows immediately into ongoing spontaneous activity.

Bruce Lee

@Ascend for me anxiety completely ended after I had been to a Vipassana retreat.

i meditated for two months constantly and then went to the retreat . I was extremely anxious before . 

Yoga also helped . 

Observe reality as it is, not as you would like it to be 

i  learned that there is a gene for anxiety , we can inherit it ,

but learning new self-talk , staying away from stimulants and ending catastrophic thinking and learning to expend energy by exercising vigorously , 

yoga would be fantastic , seeing a good therapist would be good , the trick is not to give up on therapy if one does not click with therapist.

All this has helped me , I used to get full blown panic attacks .....

Also , I have learned Anxiety is to worry about the future and Depression is fretting over the past .So I am sure that mindfulness would work miracles.

Edited by petragr