nick96

Where do I find people to share deep emotions with ?

5 posts in this topic

I'm going though a time of deep change and I am feeling a lot of grief. 

I have no people close to me that can really understand what I'm going through and how important this period is for me.

I think it would be very helpful for me now to have close some conscious people with whom I can open up about some deep topics and share my emotions . 

Any idea how and where I can find such people ? 

Observe reality as it is, not as you would like it to be 

This forum is pretty good for finding such people. If you mean meeting them in real life , it's obviously harder. You have to invest some time & emotional energy in building strong bonds.

I have a really interesting idea. Express your emotions that you're feeling through some form of art (drawings,music,prose) & share it with others. That should bring you relief. Maybe if somebody notices & understands what you were trying to illustrate , you could have a conversation with them.

Idk ... this is my suggestion! I just try to help?

My personal perspective on those things is to feel the grief alone. No one can really help you but yourself. Even when you share it with someone it will be like yea buddy be tough dont worry everything will be okay since no one can feel it with you and most likely if you dont have anyone to listen to you right now or to share grief with you wont find them instantly any time soon. Let the emotions through you and be stronger after it passes. Good luck :)

That's the problem when you change. See, before your change began, you constructed your relationship according to your preferences and now, suddenly, all those people begin to be too different from you. It's normal.

Personally, when I was depressed, I was very lucky to have a friend who was into spirituality/self-actualization to get me out of it. So I think that you would benefit from relationships with high-consciousness people and, believe me or not, you will develop those relationships. Your mind will do it for you :D. (but don't take it as a belief). Leo's forum is amazing, but I would recommend you to go to a spiritual retreat/satsang/seminar. Those events are filled with lots of people you might find interesting. You'd spend some money, but the gain you'll get will be much bigger.

Also, I would recommend you to watch Leo's video about loneliness. It'll give you some really useful theory to keep in mind.